Double Foul?

DyronNix

How about that double-foul called during the second half where one official called a block and another called a charge on the same play?

I thought it was a clear block and the other official who called the charge was out of position. In the end they allowed both the block and the charge to stand. How can that be? By definition doesn't it have to be one or the other? Sorry to bring common sense into a discussion on officiating.

That result has to be the ultimate CYA for officiating. The officials are never wrong apparently.

The officiating has been terrible in most games I've seen this year. Not sure on the double-foul. Never seen anything like that except maybe two technicals

How about that double-foul called during the second half where one official called a block and another called a charge on the same play?

I thought it was a clear block and the other official who called the charge was out of position. In the end they allowed both the block and the charge to stand. How can that be? By definition doesn't it have to be one or the other? Sorry to bring common sense into a discussion on officiating.

That result has to be the ultimate CYA for officiating. The officials are never wrong apparently.

I have only seen that once before and it was in the tourney...I believe sometime around 2000 (no idea who was playing).

Usually if they have different calls they will meet and figure out who had the better position to make the call....The double foul is the easy way out for a referee...I thought it was an obvious block.

I believe they called it a Blarge

haha...that's a new one.

I think they should have called it a charge because I am a biased UT fan. In all actuality, it looked more like a block and should have stayed that way.

IMO call was correct (I'm no bball rulebook guru)

'zaga player led high & hard w/ elbow, (deserving of a charge) but defender shuffled his feet (hence the blocking foul).

But one cancels the other out. You can't take a charge and get called for a block.

It wasn't the right call, just as they missed about 50% of their calls last night. The refs were awful.

That was a piss-poor call.
Its either a block or its a charge. Impossible to have both.

Its like this. Tennessee either won the game or they lost the game. They didn't do both. They can't. It seems to be simple logic.

the refs sucked it up big time. on both ends of the floor.

As much as I hate to say it, it was a clear block. He didn't have his feet set and ready, but it was a good attempt. Like mentioned before it can't be both, the refs should have talked it out, and it should have went with the official who had the call. (The one under the basket that did call a block.)

That was my first time I had seen that. I would have thought the refs would had gotten together and made a decision one way or the other. Poor officiating.

The popular idea about this type of call with fans is that you have to have your feet set and be completely still to draw an offensive foul, and this is simply not the case. There are several different things that can draw an offensive charging call, regardless of what the defender is doing.

Now, I think the double foul charge/block call is the most assanine thing I've ever heard of. It's one or the other.

VN Store

Back