Dormady

Yes, but unfortunately this guy will probably never be the starter..... We will keep Dobbs next year and JG will be a freshman. Once he has a year in the system under his belt, JG will BALL OUT. He is the first true dual-threat we have had and we will not have to chance the offensive scheme with him, but would have to some what with Dormady...

You don't have to "change" anything...just emphasize other aspects of the offense. This isn't a one trick pony scheme. Right now they're relying on Dobbs strength. A passer can open up other areas.

Reactions: 1 person
You don't have to "change" anything...just emphasize other aspects of the offense. This isn't a one trick pony scheme. Right now they're relying on Dobbs strength. A passer can open up other areas.

Maybe not, but the point of the post was that Dormady will stay a backup unless JG is overrated....

Reactions: 1 person
I wish Butch would play him one series. There are times when Dobbs couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Most of the times, Dobbs bails out his crappy passing by running for a first down. However, we won't improve if he doesn't get better.

Reactions: 2 people
I for one do not want a statue at QB. We've had enough of that for several years. Dobbs (when healthy) is fun to watch and he gives our offense an added dimension that most defenses struggle with. Besides that, he's probably thrown 40+ passes this season of 30 yards or more right into the hands of an open receiver who then promptly drops it. Some of those could have been game winners btw.

Pretty sure as a team we don't have 40+ drops much less 40+ drops of 30 yards down field.

I am interested to see what happens next year. As great as Dobbs is off the field and in the run game, if he doesn't improve his passing, I have a feeling Dormady will be sharing snaps or taking #1 next year.

I'm going to go ahead and end this now this now. Durmady will not be taking Josh Dobbs's job. The only way that happens is if Dormandy suddenly starts running 4.57 40s. Until then Dobbs is the QB.

With our running game working...why would anyone want Josh Dobbs taking off with the ball and risking injury..??

Our only TD was Dobb's running the ball. With his inadequacies in the passing game it's necessary for him to run the ball. Just like if Dormady was the starter he wouldn't need to run much because of his passing ability.

I for one do not want a statue at QB. We've had enough of that for several years. Dobbs (when healthy) is fun to watch and he gives our offense an added dimension that most defenses struggle with. Besides that, he's probably thrown 40+ passes this season of 30 yards or more right into the hands of an open receiver who then promptly drops it. Some of those could have been game winners btw.

Pretty sure no QB on our roster is a statue. And I guarantee he hasn't hit receivers in the hands 40+ times down field.

Reactions: 3 people
We did what we needed to do to win. They couldn't score more than 10 points with their offense and we knew that. We played conservative because the only way Missouri wins would be if we turned it over a lot.

^^^ This. I've been as critical as anyone of the coaching staff and their conservative playcalling this season. However, I had no issues with the way the game was called last night. There is no way we were going to open it up when Mizzou couldn't score in double digits without us doing something stupid to help them. Plus, due to the weather, throwing conditions looked pretty difficult.

Last edited:
^^^ This. I've been as critical as anyone of the coaching staff and their conservative playcalling this season. However, I had no issues with the way the game was called last night. There is no way we were going to open it up when Mizzou couldn't score in double digits without us doing something stupid to help them. Plus, due to the weather, throwing conditions looked pretty difficult.

Same game plan should be used versus Candy. Then it's a rematch with Ohio State in the bowl game if they lose to Michigan.

Folks we have a true freshman on this roster that is a bigger run threat than Dobbs a has a big time arm, plus we have a committed QB in this years recruiting class that is going to be a star.So to just hand everything over to Dormady does not make sense. This is Dobbs team barring injury. He is our leader, the heart & soul & what keeps this BIG ORANGE TITANIC from sinking!!!!

Dormady may be more accurate downfield but we've seen he isn't the threat to run that Dobbs is. Take that threat away and defenses can key on our running back every play and we don't have the running success we've had that has led us to victory. Dobbs may not be the deep threat everyone wants but he does everything else that helps this team be successful.

With the extremely limited time that we have seen Dormady play, how can any of this be accurate. To be fair, QDs 40 time is close to Dobbs.

With the extremely limited time that we have seen Dormady play, how can any of this be accurate. To be fair, QDs 40 time is close to Dobbs.

Hard to be fast with a knee brace on. Injury?

635831144708366399-UT-vs.-North-Texas-19.jpg

Last edited:
I really didn't start the thread with the intent of debating playing time; I personally think Dobbs is a great leader and our best option. But D-O-R-M-A-D-Y is a viable option too, and an incredibly talented kid, and I think he deserves for fans to know his name. Just doing my part to kill the snowball effect.

VN Store

Back