Dooley will mind his own business

That he has integrity? That he runs a clean program?
Remind me what the evidence of these two things consists of? Kiffin leaves his employer for a better job shortly before Signing Day and he's an amoral snake. Dooley does the same thing and he's the Billy Graham of football coaches. Yeah, that's consistent.

Bobby Johnson is the epitome of integrity and running a clean program. Vanderbilt should start winning SEC championships soon, right?

I understand people want to be optimistic, but if Hamilton hired Dooley, Bob Stoops better have said no to 7 million dollars a year..

Meh~ I can see how folks say we'll be 2-6, I look at our early schedule and think our QB has the same experience, our D is young, but due to injury last year we have some experience, our O-line is inexperienced but we have the coach for the job and we have the element of surprise. There's not going to be any film, oh I'm sure CUM will look at the Boise games, go back and dig up some Purdue tape...I know this is an optimistic view, but it's better than sitting around boo-hoo'ing. GBO!!!

I understand people want to be optimistic, but if Hamilton hired Dooley, Bob Stoops and John Gruden better have said no to 7 million dollars a year..

Changed your post.

I'm in the crowd that is okay with Dooley and has hope, but I totally agree with the "bold"!

I understand people want to be optimistic, but if Hamilton hired Dooley, Bob Stoops better have said no to 7 million dollars a year..

As I've maintained for 2 years going back to he who shall remain nameless...That's a beef with Hamilton and the purse holders, not with Dooley.

Changed your post.

I'm in the crowd that is okay with Dooley and has hope, but I totally agree with the "bold"!
I actually think it should be changed a little. Hamilton should have gone after Gruden until he faced a restraining order.

I actually think it should be changed a little. Hamilton should have gone after Gruden until he faced a restraining order.

I'll probably get "beat up" for this, but I personally wanted Gruden as our coach so bad I was willing to "chip in"...after I knew that was a no go, It really didn't matter.

I hope you/everyone understands what I mean by "it really didn't matter".

Edit: I added "as our coach"

If Dooley doesn't make it, UT may go after Gruden, who will quickly get tired of the monday night football thing.

Gruden would be sick.
I'll say this right now. I'd very gladly take 3 years straight years of 5-7 if it means we get Jon Gruden right after that. He would still be under 50, and I think he'd be outstanding. I know not everyone is crazy about him, but I would not be able to describe how happy it would make me. I honestly think he could win here for an extended period of time, and I really don't think getting him is an impossibility like some people do.

I'd much rather have 2 years of Gruden than 20 years of Dooley.

Dooley says here, in essence, that he believes that his time is better spent evaluating recruits, evaluating opponents, and making plans to develop his team and program than it would be spending the afternoon on Jim Rome talking about Urban Meyer and you clearly take issue with that. If your judgment is so bad that you can't agree with his point on this, then your opinion about pretty much anything isn't worth two cents.

So, since your opinion and judgment is worthless, I doubt that anyone here cares what you would have preferred.

Go Vols!

Dooley says here, in essence, that he believes that his time is better spent evaluating recruits, evaluating opponents, and making plans to develop his team and program than it would be spending the afternoon on Jim Rome talking about Urban Meyer and you clearly take issue with that. If your judgment is so bad that you can't agree with his point on this, then your opinion about pretty much anything isn't worth two cents.

So, since your opinion and judgment is worthless, I doubt that anyone here cares what you would have preferred.

Go Vols!
He said he prefers Gruden to Dooley, but don't let that stop an angry rant involving Kiffin.

He said he prefers Gruden to Dooley, but don't let that stop an angry rant involving Kiffin.

My post isn't about Kiffin - it's about which approach is more constructive in becoming a better team. Is it what Dooley claims, working on a plan that directly helps your team, or the stated alternative, doing a bunch of interviews about your opponents and their way of doing business?

Since you purport to speak for SGM, go ahead and answer for the both of you. It could be that the rest of us have misunderstood your intentions. Most of us think that the former option is more constructive and more likely to help make the team better, so we support it. Some of us have taken your negative comments about Dooley in the thread to mean that you disagree with his thinking here.

Which approach do you guys support for this specific question?

If Dooley doesn't make it, UT may go after Gruden, who will quickly get tired of the monday night football thing.
yeah. It has to get old working about 40 days a year and earning 7 figures to do it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Do you often struggle with the meaning of the word "or?" Had it been a single bet, I would have simply used ''and." Nothing there to "man up" to. It's elementary level reading. Me leaving appears to be of some value to you. That's fine. If that's what you want as your prize for winning the bet, so be it. I simply don't make wagers where I stand to gain absolutely nothing.I made this kind of bet with someone last year. If Tennessee beat either Florida or Alabama, I was gone.If they didn't, I got $100. See, that's a bet with each side having something they would actually like to win at stake.

And i thought all we lost last year was the game when Mt. Cody's booby got in the way.I had no idea what was really at stake.

Last edited:
And i thought all we lost last year was the game when Mt. Cody's booby got in the way.I had no idea what was really at stake.
Your lack of intuitiveness is showing. Pay more attention from now on.

VN Store

Back