Don't write off vandy.

I don't think vandys D is all its being made out to be. Theyve lost to several smaller schools, and got man handled by one. Where their defense couldn't stop small teams from scoring. Cant use the Florida game, unless you're gonna claim Florida international has one of the best defenses in country also, cause they bout beat Florida. They've beat nobody, nor stopped any power house teams from scoring. Florida doesn't have a power house offense imo.

Hate to take up for Vandy but what "several" small schools did they lose to? Also Florida didn't play Florida International. We beat Vandy today but the fact that their offense is so bad only lends credence to how good their defense is.

A commodore is a high ranking officer in the navy. They are effective on the sea at war. However, this is a football game on the ground in the rain. Big difference. Go orange.

Last 4 games..when the "vandy defense" has really gotten good..they have been outscored 85 to 28...that includes getting blanked twice..

This game shouldn't be close

If it is...

Define close. Less than 10 points? Less than the spread? Or are you just going to hedge your bet and be super vague by saying close so when we win by 13 points, you can sit on both sides of the fence?

write-off-clipart-thesaurus-clipart-la_writing.gif

This is me, writing off Vandy. Note the orange shirt. :)

Reactions: 1 person
Don't write this up as a win before the game starts. They have one of the best defenses in the country and one of the best running backs. This could be a scary game. I'm not saying we lose just saying they are better then their record shows..

Go Vols!!

Sorry, I already did...:hi:

GO VOLS!

RAIN. The great equalizer.. Sorry to say this but, when playing on a sloppy wet field, you do play conservative. Don't turn the ball over, press the kicking game, avoid mistakes.. Its smart coaching but with the fantasy league philosophies of fans wanting wide open assaults, we are forgetting the basic fundamentals of the game... The Team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.. Protect the ball.

that's the same fundamentalist approach that saw us lose to Oklahoma. Fans rightfully expect a highly performing offense in the NFL because it is a pass-heavy league. UT fans expect a productive and effective passing attack because we have highly talented wide receivers (unfortunately our offensive line is inconsistent and our WR's can't get off press coverage). I see the point you are attempting to make but following certain football principles just because that's what most coaches have always done does not make that philosophy superior.

It's Senior Day.

It's Neyland Stadium.

It's the LOUD rabid Tennessee fans.

It's on a wet, sloppy field.

It's Candy Commode Doors against our Tennessee footVol team.

It's a WIN for our Big Orange Vols!!!

Damn right I'm writing off the Commode Doors!!!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Don't write this up as a win before the game starts. They have one of the best defenses in the country and one of the best running backs. This could be a scary game. I'm not saying we lose just saying they are better then their record shows..

Go Vols!!

Just like Missouri, hope the results are the same.

Just like Missouri, hope the results are the same.

Vandy's defense is light years behind Mizzou's. If it weren't for Mizzou offense handing us short fields and turnovers, that would have been a low scoring affair.

Unfortunately, Vandy's offense is better than Mizzou's. They're not good, but they're better than mizzou.

VN Store

Back