Don't wait on the Dawgs

GVF

Talk Dirty To Me
For those hoping UGA would provide an inroad to a UF loss helping us back in the East race, better not hold your breath. A dismal Colorado team kicked their butts around, only to suffer a heartbraeking loss for them late in the game. Unless this Cox kid turns out to be hte next coming for them in leadership and QB talent, Gators will punish them far worse than they did us. The Dawgs were exposed big time. We'd better run the table and say grace over some other teams.

I wouldn't call them a bad team by any stretch. UGA will be strong and could beat anyone in the SEC if they play a good game. One bad game does not make a team. It happens to all of us.

My perspective was that even though they are and should be a good team, Colorado still being D1 has been a nobody for a few years. This should have been a walkaway. GA still has not been in a truly competitive 4 qtr. game. They may come through, but I didn't see anything in them except Cox against the Buffs.

UF still has several losable games, just like we do. They still have Alabama, LSU, @Auburn, Georgia, and South Carolina. I think all these games will be close for UF, just as I feel all of these teams (except Auburn) will play us close. I think we should worry about our games and our games only and if everything else works out then all the better.

Don't underestimate UGA from that performance. Richt will get them in fine shape for the SEC. They have plenty of established talent at positions other than QB.

Sometimes people confuse a close game with an overall bad team performance. The defense held CU to 13 points, nothing embarrasing about that. Richt will fix the offense.

True, and KY apparently has some talent, but not the manpower for 4 qtrs. If they had not started imploding, UF would have got a different game out of them.

Don't underestimate UGA from that performance. Richt will get them in fine shape for the SEC. They have plenty of established talent at positions other than QB.

Sometimes people confuse a close game with an overall bad team performance. The defense held CU to 13 points, nothing embarrasing about that. Richt will fix the offense.

Not underestimating Richt. Just not sure the personnel is there for him this year. They are very young at some key positions.

you know, as i was watching that game, i thought a lot of people would have the kind of reaction that prompted this thread...and by looking at what they did, it's understandable. But knowing what we all know about SEC football, i don't for one second think UGA is as bad as they showed on Saturday.

I look at it like this:
1. it was a supposed TERRIBLE Colorado team coming in, and i have to think that at somepoint, the players probably thought this would be a pushover.
2. Colorado was sky high. this was their chance to put an otherwise terrible season to rest and get something going. this was their bowl game so to speak.
3. UGA put up a stinker and still won. a fact that shouldnt' be overlooked. they probably played the worst game they've played under Richt, and STILL won.
4. either Joe Cox or Matt Stafford will get better as the season goes on.
5. They got their wake up call and it didn't cost 'em a game. And this is the worst part about this game imo.

UGA will not have any trouble focusing on TN when we come to town, nor will they play that bad on both sides of the ball. I'm not saying we will lose or we will win...i'm saying don't judge UGA on that game. they are not that bad. and i would expect them to beat down Ole Miss this weekend.

Great points allvol123. Vol fans need to remember back in 2001. That year Mark Richt brought a freshman QB to Neyland Stadium and beat us. The QB's name was David Greene. Coach Richt has history of tutoring QB's and getting the best out of them.

I've seen UGA play twice and both times, their offense looked weak - about as competent as ours...last year.

Their D is solid and their special teams are as well.

I really don't think there's much difference between them, us and UF. Auburn and LSU have an edge on the 3 of us.

The score doesn't even begin to tell the story of that game though. I saw the whole game and it was an absolute miracle that UGA only trailed 13-0 in the 4th quarter and if not for a fumble out of nowhere and some horrific clock management by Colorado, UGA would have lost.

That being said, UGA will be a good team, it just remains to be seen if they can get enough progression at the QB position as the season goes along. They remind me of us back in 2004. Anything from 11-1 to 8-4 is a distinct possibility.

VN Store

Back