Don't Sleep on New-Arrival RB Tim Jordan

Proof was on the grass today.

Just like your claim that it was against Lakeland too?

I hope he's great but blowing a kid up based on day 1 with no pads is a bit over the top. But hey, that's what you seem to do

I hope he's great but blowing a kid up based on day 1 with no pads is a bit over the top. But hey, that's what you seem to do

Based on day 1? No, man, the whole point of this thread is that he's been knowing about this kid for a while. He's known about him, the film is there for us to see, Coaches G and B checked him out and saw something special. So, no, not just based on day 1. But the good signs are continuing, so far. :question:

Reactions: 1 person
"There’s a lot to like about all three freshmen additions to the backfield. Jordan, in particular, looks like he’s more or less made of steel. He’s compact and powerful. He doesn’t look like a fun guy to tackle. That’s not to suggest Chandler and Coleman look like chumps. They absolutely do not look like chumps. Jordan is just already built like an upperclassman."

Welp, that settles it...Jordan is made of steel, everybody else playing for 3rd string.

This was the kid that Tony said we couldn't beat out Western Kentucky for. :lol:

I'm right about Lakeland. I'm LHS Class of 1977. Bill Castle was my gym coach. LHS DBs couldn't catch Jordan in straight line.

I'll be right back here to tell you I told you so shortly.

I think the context here is...we need to find a stable 2nd string RB. It was obvious to most Ty Chandler and Tim Jordan were the two most likely dudes, and by reading what the coaches have to say and seeing some practice work plus his high school tapes then adding to that his very obvious physical size advantage over Ty Chandler....Tim Jordan was a steal of a recruit and is probably going to be a good and solid back up to John Kelly. That's it.

I think that's what everyone is getting at basically.

Reactions: 3 people
"Up close, freshman tailback Tim Jordan has the look of a SEC running back. The rave reviews from this summer appeared warranted."

I hope he's SEC ready, the Vols really need a second team RB. But, we won't truly know until he proves it on the field.

I think the context here is...we need to find a stable 2nd string RB. It was obvious to most Ty Chandler and Tim Jordan were the two most likely dudes, and by reading what the coaches have to say and seeing some practice work plus his high school tapes then adding to that his very obvious physical size advantage over Ty Chandler....Tim Jordan was a steal of a recruit and is probably going to be a good and solid back up to John Kelly. That's it.

I think that's what everyone is getting at basically.

Well said.

Maybe these guys would be happier if he was already a bust, then there'd be no reason to cheer for the kid and our recruiters.

LHS DBs couldn't catch Jordan in straight line.

Their 1st string? You can look at his one run and think it was great but you're completely ignoring the game situation. That game was a complete blowout and iirc even had a running clock

I hope you get to say your I told you so but you aren't really getting much out of it. I cheer for UT and try not to get invested in single players. Doing that leads to too much disappointment and resentment.

Well said.

Maybe these guys would be happier if he was already a bust, then there'd be no reason to cheer for the kid and our recruiters.

I hope hes the best RB thats ever came through UT. But placing these crazy expectations and hype around kids after 1 practice is dumb. Because when they arent as good as the hype or take a year or 2 to develop then its either 1. They are labled a bust ie Drew Richmond or 2. Its CBJs fault because he cant develop talent and needs to be fired.

I hope hes the best RB thats ever came through UT. But placing these crazy expectations and hype around kids after 1 practice is dumb. Because when they arent as good as the hype or take a year or 2 to develop then its either 1. They are labled a bust ie Drew Richmond or 2. Its CBJs fault because he cant develop talent and needs to be fired.

I see you post this in a lot of threads and it makes sense in theory but I don't believe you're correct. From my experience on here, the majority of the people that call players busts are the same ones that say "sure, he looks great on paper but let's see how he does the SEC".

The posters that support them in the beginning seem to keep supporting them. Hype isn't the reason bashers, bash. It's just what they do.

Reactions: 8 people
I see you post this in a lot of threads and it makes sense in theory but I don't believe you're correct. From my experience on here, the majority of the people that call players busts are the same ones that say "sure, he looks great on paper but let's see how he does the SEC".

The posters that support them in the beginning seem to keep supporting them. Hype isn't the reason bashers, bash. It's just what they do.

So, am I allowed to get excited or not?

Watched his film. He's definitely not a burner by any means but he has a great initial cut and good vision.

I don't need to see 1 practice, 2, or 10.
I'm sticking with my original analysis.
FSHAA 7A is better than all but a handful of classes in the country. You've seen the film.
If he'd played HS in Tennessee, the Carolinas or the midwest, he'd have been a 4* with a long offer sheet.
Great get by Butch.

Reactions: 3 people
Kelly was actually the top RB Harbaugh and his staff had pegged when they'd first arrived at Michigan.

They were never able to build much of a relationship with him though
Same with Kirkland and in the same year. I'm sure Harbaugh never expected either of them to end up "down south."

Coach Thig will bring him along as well as Ty and their is a sense of urgency about the matter. HE was pursued heavy by UT late in the recruiting cycle and they were surprised to have a chance at getting him. He was one of the top backs left that hadn't already committed to another school. I'm not sure of his offer sheet but the film i just saw showed above average field vision and he'll go lateral a few steps to allow a blocker to get into position. Pretty good instincts for a high school runner, IMO.

Coach Thig will bring him along as well as Ty and their is a sense of urgency about the matter. HE was pursued heavy by UT late in the recruiting cycle and they were surprised to have a chance at getting him. He was one of the top backs left that hadn't already committed to another school. I'm not sure of his offer sheet but the film i just saw showed above average field vision and he'll go lateral a few steps to allow a blocker to get into position. Pretty good instincts for a high school runner, IMO.

Gillespie or things have gone horribly wrong. :unsure:

VN Store

Back