Don't let rival fanbases get to you with the Vitello hate

Good post . I actually prefer Tennessee being the bad guys that everyone hates. Sweet when you win but you will catch some flack when you don’t.

I’ve been tired of being the kicked around losers that other fanbases felt sorry for during the last 15 years. Id rather be #1 and universally hated than mediocre and liked. I’m sure most Vol fans feel the same.

Tony Vitello is a more successful Lane Kiffin. Very similar in my opinion in terms of attitude, don't care what others think as long as their team is winning. Lane is probably more likely to get caught with an young coed or caught up in some sort of recruiting scandal imo. Both are hated by rivals and loved by their fan bases.

Can't see that comparison. Tony doesn't go out of his way to troll other fan bases, and isn't a smug smarta**. Both are extremely competitive, I give you that. But one is an arrogant punk and the other isn't.

Just named coach of the year and for good reason. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year yet all you hear other SEC "blueblood" baseball school fans say is all the horrible things that Tony V says.

Anyone with a brain can see this guy is winning a championship soon.

Anyone who is saying he is bad for baseball is just full of hate and fear.

The Tennessee Vs Note Dame series were the most viewed college baseball games of the year according to viewing statistics.

We have a special coach in Vitello and i feel like Heupel is special as well.
Don't give 2 squirts what other fans say. Tony V is the best damned thing that's happened to this university in very nearly 25 years. Frankly, having him as our baseball coach brings me more joy than '98 did. There...I said it. I revel in their hate. I embrace their hate. I rejoice in kicking the snot out of them on the field. This baseball coaching staff and program are the jewel of this university right now and I'm damned grateful he's our coach. Counting the days until next season starts.

Other fans are jealous. It's why they are fans of their teams. Something special is happening in Knoxville and they are not part of it.

Confidence from a coach and his team are great, as long as they don't become the next 1980s Miami football. Those guys were great teams and a bunch of punks who represented the school horribly. Tennessee is too great a state and school to be seen as a bunch of thugs.

Other fans are jealous. It's why they are fans of their teams. Something special is happening in Knoxville and they are not part of it.

Confidence from a coach and his team are great, as long as they don't become the next 1980s Miami football. Those guys were great teams and a bunch of punks who represented the school horribly. Tennessee is too great a state and school to be seen as a bunch of thugs.
They realize Tony is building a dynasty here and there is nothing they can do about it.

I liked the U back then. Then would tell people they were going to kick their ass and then go do it. All except one glorious evening in New Orleans. 😊

The hate they spew is hilarious. All the "Tennessee is bad for baseball" and "Karma got them for being so cocky and classless". That stuff is hilarious. Just jealous fans that couldn't stand seeing kids having fun playing the game AND winning. And all the other stuff about all the players "cheating" and all that junk. They put up with so much crap all season long. And I'm damn proud of the way they handled it and themselves. Tennessee changed the game. They're changing the way it's played. I'm damn proud of TV and everyone involved. And to make it even better.......

TENNESSEE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!!

Vol fan in the heart of Aggieland. They are delighting in Tennessee losing and saying they are thrilled they didn’t hire Vitello. None of them will admit they are even happier they don’t have to face Tennessee in Omaha.
This-they don’t want to play another SEC tournament in Omaha with UT in it.

Vitello has done an excellent job, no question--but there are lines that shouldn't be crossed with respect to the behavior and sportsmanship of your players, and managers should know where that line is and enforce the line--but Vitello didn't seem to care much. I can absolutely see a manager not wanting to mess with the team vibe when you are rolling along as we were, number 1, but you still have to pay attention to the sportsmanship line. Because if you don't and you end up with players and coaches getting thrown out of big games and not even getting to Omaha, as happened to us, you end up looking rather bad.

It will be very interesting to see what the vibe is next year. A lot of it will depend on how we are playing and if we are winning a lot, or not. Any manager certainly wants a high-spirited, highly-competitive team that has fun and plays well--we want that every year with every team--but you can't forget about the line.

Vitello has done an excellent job, no question--but there are lines that shouldn't be crossed with respect to the behavior and sportsmanship of your players, and managers should know where that line is and enforce the line--but Vitello didn't seem to care much. I can absolutely see a manager not wanting to mess with the team vibe when you are rolling along as we were, number 1, but you still have to pay attention to the sportsmanship line. Because if you don't and you end up with players and coaches getting thrown out of big games and not even getting to Omaha, as happened to us, you end up looking rather bad.

It will be very interesting to see what the vibe is next year. A lot of it will depend on how we are playing and if we are winning a lot, or not. Any manager certainly wants a high-spirited, highly-competitive team that has fun and plays well--we want that every year with every team--but you can't forget about the line.

Heading into his sixth year here, Coach V is still relatively young head coach. I appreciate his passion and his candor. Are there lessons to be learned after each season? Of course there are. Will lessons be learned from experience? My assumption is yes. Even he said that he'll learn from experience. Hindsight is always 20 /20. I forgot who made this comparison, but recently someone likened Coach V to Coach Barnes early in his career, and I can see that comparison. I hope Coach V never loses his passion and candor. I'm also curious to what the vibe will be like next year. Each team is different in its leadership and personalities. I look forward to seeing what leadership emerges and what kinds of personalities there are on next year's team.

UT is very fortunate to have Vitello. I think he is the best major sport HC UT has at the moment. I guess some could argue Barnes has done as much or more . . . But the dumpster fire that was the baseball program to now is an unbelievable accomplishment.

Heupel has not been at UT long enough to know what will happen with him and the football program.

As good as Vitello is, the “dynasty” talk . . . Is very premature. He has won the SEC / SEC tournament / went to Omaha once. Excellent. But dynasties are multiple NCs / in it ALL the time.

UT is very fortunate to have Vitello. I think he is the best major sport HC UT has at the moment. I guess some could argue Barnes has done as much or more . . . But the dumpster fire that was the baseball program to now is an unbelievable accomplishment.

Heupel has not been at UT long enough to know what will happen with him and the football program.

As good as Vitello is, the “dynasty” talk . . . Is very premature. He has won the SEC / SEC tournament / went to Omaha once. Excellent. But dynasties are multiple NCs / in it ALL the time.
Yessir…😎

Just named coach of the year and for good reason. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year yet all you hear other SEC "blueblood" baseball school fans say is all the horrible things that Tony V says.

Anyone with a brain can see this guy is winning a championship soon.

Anyone who is saying he is bad for baseball is just full of hate and fear.

The Tennessee Vs Note Dame series were the most viewed college baseball games of the year according to viewing statistics.

We have a special coach in Vitello and i feel like Heupel is special as well.

Here's a perspective from someone outside the Yellow bubble.

Tennessee's loss is baseball's gain

VN Store

Back