Don't let rival fanbases get to you with the Vitello hate

BigOrangePaddy

Just named coach of the year and for good reason. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year yet all you hear other SEC "blueblood" baseball school fans say is all the horrible things that Tony V says.

Anyone with a brain can see this guy is winning a championship soon.

Anyone who is saying he is bad for baseball is just full of hate and fear.

The Tennessee Vs Note Dame series were the most viewed college baseball games of the year according to viewing statistics.

We have a special coach in Vitello and i feel like Heupel is special as well.

Just named coach of the year and for good reason. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year yet all you hear other SEC "blueblood" baseball school fans say is all the horrible things that Tony V says.

The Tennessee Vs Note Dame series were the most viewed college baseball games of the year according to viewing statistics.

Good post . I actually prefer Tennessee being the bad guys that everyone hates. Sweet when you win but you will catch some flack when you don’t.

Thanks for this. Great post.

Ya left out Kellie Harper!

ContentThriftyDalmatian-size_restricted.gif

Nobody in the country likes us anyways so might as well play the villain role. I would’ve been shocked had Vitello not won COY. Any coach that finishes the season with a 57-9 record while playing in the toughest conference in America should win that award. The most wins a team could end the season with at this point is 52. And that’s if Stanford is lucky enough to win the championship. We had a .864 winning %. 2nd place is Maryland at .774. If Stanford wins 5 games without losing they would finish with a .764 winning %.

Coach Vitello was named National Coach of the Year by Perfect Game for the second consecutive year. Seven Tennessee players joined Coach Vitello as award recipients from Perfect Game.

I have never seen a college coach express himself more eloquently while simultaneously being extremely transparent about his love of the game and his players.

As I understand, Tennessee's Super Regional with the Irish was the most watch three game series of the year.

Tennessee baseball is in a special place. Let's keep it go VOl Nation!

I seriously could simply not care less what any other fan base has to say about our baseball program or our coach. Now…I want a coach who reps the Vols with class, takes care of his players, and clearly loves being in Knoxville. TV covers all those. A little edgy and immensely competitive sometimes…but always seems to have the right take at the end of the game! Our future looks bright!

Good post . I actually prefer Tennessee being the bad guys that everyone hates. Sweet when you win but you will catch some flack when you don’t.
It’s funny, used to coach a little and always told my wrestlers “e’rbody wants to shake your hand when they beat you”. When you flip the script…..it’s a different story. People don’t like getting their hind ends handed to them….LETS GO VOLS

Tony Vitello is a more successful Lane Kiffin. Very similar in my opinion in terms of attitude, don't care what others think as long as their team is winning. Lane is probably more likely to get caught with an young coed or caught up in some sort of recruiting scandal imo. Both are hated by rivals and loved by their fan bases.

I had a friend, Mis Mistake grad, said he hated our coach and that we were bad for college baseball, blah, blah, blah. I told him to bring on the hate. We literally love having other fan bases hate us and our coach, and that we love Tony V. "Bring it"

I had a friend, Mis Mistake grad, said he hated our coach and that we were bad for college baseball, blah, blah, blah. I told him to bring on the hate. We literally love having other fan bases hate us and our coach, and that we love Tony V. "Bring it"
I absolutely think we play better as the villain. Our guys seem to feed off of it.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Tony Vitello is a more successful Lane Kiffin. Very similar in my opinion in terms of attitude, don't care what others think as long as their team is winning. Lane is probably more likely to get caught with an young coed or caught up in some sort of recruiting scandal imo. Both are hated by rivals and loved by their fan bases.
I'd never liken Tony to Kiffin.
Kiffin is an antagonist and a troll.

I love that they hate us. They hate that they can’t walk all over us anymore

VN Store

Back