Don't expect Fox Sports 1 to start the UT game on time

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
Every college game I've watched has gone over 15-20 minutes after the scheduled two hour allocated time. For example, Baylor-South Carolina is still in regulation and started at 3:00 PM, and are still playing at 5:18 PM.

I would get your internet ready for the start.

Every college game I've watched has gone over 15-20 minutes after the scheduled two hour allocated time. For example, Baylor-South Carolina is still in regulation and started at 3:00 PM, and are still playing at 5:18 PM.

I would get your internet ready for the start.

url-20.gif

Marquette will be playing grambling state so the game should finish in time.

I always have ESPN3 ready to go when there is a game preceding the Vols. ESPN is the worst for games running over. Last year, I believe it was the Florida game, Minnesota and some other team were playing and it kept going into OT and I had to watch almost the entire first half on ESPN3. I was livid.

I commented on this about a month ago, someone wrote a good piece, unfortunately can't remember who. They were talking about the effects of the new rule, and they mentioned game slots need to be extended to 2 1/2 hours instead of just the 2.

Here's the link for Fox Sports 1 >

FOX Sports 1

Does anyone know what you click on once your there to access the game? I don't see anything that says Tenn / Xavier?

I am in Knoxville for the night. Where I am staying they have comcast....but not high def. Does anyone know in this case what channel it would be on?

This frustrates me so much, but ESPN has been doing this for a while, even with football. They schedule 3 hour slots for football, and we all know they last more than 3 hours. It's all about fitting in as many as they can.

I have Comcast and the game is on channel 711 or 1620 for HD. I have no idea if that helps anyone and siap.

I am in Knoxville for the night. Where I am staying they have comcast....but not high def. Does anyone know in this case what channel it would be on?

I have Comcast here in Nashville area. It's channel 711 here. Not sure what channel is comes on in Knoxville though.

What about Charter? I can't find it on my guide anywhere...live in Montgomery, AL. Help?!

Edit: Nevermind...found it.

Last edited:
I always have ESPN3 ready to go when there is a game preceding the Vols. ESPN is the worst for games running over. Last year, I believe it was the Florida game, Minnesota and some other team were playing and it kept going into OT and I had to watch almost the entire first half on ESPN3. I was livid.

I had the same problem in a few gms it seems like they would jump the ch over to our regional gm. Your right espn is the worst for it

"FOX Sports 1 has exercised it's option for a five-minute slide for tipoff. We'll now tip at 9:12 pm ET."

From Tennessee's Basketball twitter account a little while ago

VN Store

Back