The Impeachment Thread

Ranting? I don't think so. It's not my fault that your chosen profession has made a bad name for itself.

Off topic, yes. As this topic will evaporate within a month or two and y'all will move on to the next "we got him now.”

It’s the total dissociation from reality involved in attributing the professions failings to not knowing things that are best suited for trivia night.

Call it whatever you want, but I feel like I’m watching Bernie Sanders go off about how cow farts are causing global warming. I keep thinking, “he can’t be serious?” But then you double down again.

When trivia night pays what my job does, I’ll come back here and recite the 25th amendment verbatim.

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump hasnt considerd leveraging tariffs for damaging Intel, errr I mean "opposition research" on Biden.

No, no, he's just investigating crime. He's a crime stopper!

giphy.gif

Then again perhaps he does get it, and you are the one who doesn't. Who do you think would investigate a potential crime on Chinese soil? Of course, corruption, coercion, and bribery have long been established in the Chinese culture, so ....

The he should move the fick to China And go be a detective there.

What makes it weirder is that Biden is hardly a political juggernaut.

There's a not insubstantial chance that he could implode his campaign himself.
When it comes to ideology, Biden is far from an ideal choice for Democrats. He represents the last of the old guard of Democrats from the 70's who weren't progressives. This included Senators such as David Boren from Oklahoma and Jim Sasser from Tennessee. Biden's appeal is strictly "electability"... and I don't think this story has hurt him in that area. Trump is making it clear that Biden is the Democratic candidate that he would least like to run against next year. I think that helps Biden's case.

Reactions: AM64
Is anyone here really stupid enough to believe Trump would be pushing the Biden investigation if he wasn't running for president?

Soloman is one of the best always backs up and stands behind his reporting They are just attacking the messenger because they don't like the message

That is rich coming from you. How is that any different from attacking a whistleblower for being a political partisan, before even knowing the person's identity?

That is rich coming from you. How is that any different from attacking a whistleblower for being a political partisan, before even knowing the person's identity?
Well, it’s different because Solomon has a long and known history of omitting important context from his stories in a way that suggests Democrats* are engaged in scandal.

So, I mean... it is different.

*- to be fair, I think he did it to McCain once, too.

It’s the total dissociation from reality involved in attributing the professions failings to not knowing things that are best suited for trivia night.

Call it whatever you want, but I feel like I’m watching Bernie Sanders go off about how cow farts are causing global warming. I keep thinking, “he can’t be serious?” But then you double down again.

When trivia night pays what my job does, I’ll come back here and recite the 25th amendment verbatim.

So we are in agreement, lawyers are severely overpaid.

How is that any different from starting impeachment inquiry before seeing the complaint or transcript?

Big difference half the things the whistleblower claimed has been proven wrong...Soloman puts his name and reputation out there he doesn't hide anonymously When the whistleblower testifies in front of Congress then we will see if they have a bias with their 3rd hand info

Well, it’s different because Solomon has a long and known history of omitting important context from his stories in a way that suggests Democrats* are engaged in scandal.

So, I mean... it is different.

*- to be fair, I think he did it to McCain once, too.
I don't know anything about Solomon. I had never heard of him before this. I can't say that I remember reading anything of his... I was responding to the complaint of "attacking the messenger because you don't like the message". That is exactly what Trump and his supporters have been doing since this whistleblower complaint first surfaced... and they don't even know who the "whistleblower" is yet.

Big difference half the things the whistleblower claimed has been proven wrong...Soloman puts his name and reputation out there he doesn't hide anonymously When the whistleblower testifies in front of Congress then we will see if they have a bias with their 3rd hand info
That is not true. The core of the complaint has been confirmed as accurate by either the July 25th transcript itself or by the Trump administration's own admissions.

You don't see a problem with asking those kinds of questions when there is an official of a foreign government or when the person being asked is in a foreign country? There's a time and a place for everything ... that wasn't the time or the place. My response would be to start pulling credentials when reporters are too damn stupid to figure it out. Of course, the reporter is probably a yankee who doesn't have a problem with loud, vulgar, and stupid in a classy setting.

You're right. When I think "classy", I think Trump! +1

There are literally so many crazy things Mr. Class has done, I ain't got time:

The Most Outrageous Donald Trump Moments

15-donald-trump-fast-food-2.w600.h315.2x.jpg

giphy (12).gif

Is anyone here really stupid enough to believe Trump would be pushing the Biden investigation if he wasn't running for president?

I will answer. Probably not. And do not care as it is within his power to do so. Now if you can prove a quid pro quo, I would think the problem begins.
I have asked BB85 and he was chicken to answer, but at what point would Biden lose immunity from investigation?

Would be hilarious if China called Trump on this by publicly announcing that--at the request of Donald J Trump--they were launching an investigation of the Bidens and would announce the results at a time of Trump's choosing.

The enemy of my enemy...

He's just planting the seeds for the inevitable campaign slogans of "lock him up!" if the "Make America Great Again, No I REALLY Mean It This Time" slogan falls flat.

You know how his base like's his slogans, gotta K.I.S.S. for them.

I don't know anything about Solomon. I had never heard of him before this. I can't say that I remember reading anything of his... I was responding to the complaint of "attacking the messenger because you don't like the message". That is exactly what Trump and his supporters have been doing since this whistleblower complaint first surfaced... and they don't even know who the "whistleblower" is yet.

I understand. I’m saying Solomon deserves it. Hard to know whether the whistleblower does.

Somomon’s Wikipedia page has links to a half dozen stories written by other writers, most predating Trump era, about how he plays fast and loose with the facts, maybe lies, and definitely skews context.

There was another article a few days ago about how the Hill staffers got fed up with him and went to management who then made him label all of his work as “opinion” and ultimately the two sides agreed to part ways.

Reactions: BowlBrother85

You may want to change channels, you're getting bad intel.

Reactions: tvolsfan
I understand. I’m saying Solomon deserves it. Hard to know whether the whistleblower does.

Somomon’s Wikipedia page has links to a half dozen stories written by other writers, most predating Trump era, about how he plays fast and loose with the facts, maybe lies, and definitely skews context.

There was another article a few days ago about how the Hill staffers got fed up with him and went to management who then made him label all of his work as “opinion” and ultimately the two sides agreed to part ways.

Why do you guys feel it appropriate to not only investigate but spy on Trump during his campaign, but Trump asking for assistance in an investigation is an issue? Barr mentioned in May that he was going to investigate UK, Italy, Australia and Ukraine. Do you not see the hypocrisy?

12:15 p.m.: Some Democrats say Trump ‘just created another article of impeachment’

As the dust settled on Trump’s South Lawn remarks, some House Democrats said his latest comments had generated another potential article of impeachment.
Many took to Twitter to voice disbelief at Trump’s call for China and Ukraine to launch investigations into the Bidens.
“@POTUS just created another article of impeachment by doing in public what he did in private,” Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) tweeted. “This time enlisting China to interfere in the 2020 election on behalf of his campaign. His disregard for the law is stunning. So much for his oath of office.”

Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) referenced Trump’s remark during the 2016 campaign that he could “stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”
“Trump didn’t shoot someone on Fifth Avenue. He shot himself in the foot on the White House South Lawn
,” tweeted Yarmuth, who is chairman of the House Budget Committee. “Shameful. Illegal. Dangerous.”

:D:D:D

When it comes to ideology, Biden is far from an ideal choice for Democrats. He represents the last of the old guard of Democrats from the 70's who weren't progressives. This included Senators such as David Boren from Oklahoma and Jim Sasser from Tennessee. Biden's appeal is strictly "electability"... and I don't think this story has hurt him in that area. Trump is making it clear that Biden is the Democratic candidate that he would least like to run against next year. I think that helps Biden's case.

Biden is way past his expiration date, and his mind is far from fresh.

VN Store

Back