The Impeachment Thread

You’ve been ranting for two hours, off topic, now about multiple subjects that you clearly don’t know a thing about.

Looks like a meltdown, to me.

Ranting? I don't think so. It's not my fault that your chosen profession has made a bad name for itself.

Off topic, yes. As this topic will evaporate within a month or two and y'all will move on to the next "we got him now".

There has not been any significant movement imo, as we do not know all details. The same number of people that support impeachment and already support removal from office, especially Repub responses, is not an indication of movement. Online polls are typically biased and inaccurate as well.

How accurate are online polls?

"At worst, online polls can be seriously biased if people who hold a particular point of view are more motivated to participate than those with a different point of view"

Support for impeaching Trump hits new high

"Among Republicans, only 9 percent support impeachment proceedings, compared to 85 percent who oppose."

Yeah, that’s why I opened with “FWIW.”

Trying to follow polling is just a mess, in general, unless you know what you’re doing. I don’t and don’t care to.

Everybody has a pollster now, so it’s hard to keep up with whether what you’re seeing reported is somebody reporting on some new poll or the poll you saw 5 days ago. None of which tells you whether the poll is any good, it’s just being reported because it fortifies whatever the readership wants to hear.

If I thought there was a realistic chance he was ever going to be removed, I’d find one good poll and watch the change in numbers. there’s not and I’m not going to.

So according to the lawyer, the whistleblower is a plural? Or the lawyer completely flunked basic grammar and somehow still became a lawyer able to play at the national level?
I doubt that you would similarly scrutinize a statement from Rudy Giuliani. The attorney was obviously being careful to conceal the "whistleblower's" gender.

It's pretty clear "their" was consciously used to protect the identity of the whistleblower. Using "his" or "her" would have revealed gender.

I can buy that, but surely the lawyer could have covered two things and gone with something like "ze" or whatever it is and given the anti sexists a boost considering the politics of the issue.

And now Trump asks China to investigate the Bidens.

He just doesn't get it.
Actually, this is consistent with Trump's methodology of "In for a penny, in for a pound." He has already been caught soliciting a foreign leader for assistance with digging up dirt on a political rival. So, he might as well pretend that there is nothing wrong with it, and go all in, right?

I doubt that you would similarly scrutinize a statement from Rudy Giuliani. The attorney was obviously being careful to conceal the "whistleblower's" gender.

Actually I prefer keeping my sanity intact by not listening to or reading anything Giuliani says; that clown needs to be put out to pasture somewhere in a galaxy far far away.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
FoxNews:

Brit Hume: Trump did himself no favors by 'freaking out' after reporter's 'valid' question

"Fox News senior political analyst Brit Hume defended a Reuters reporter who angered President Trump with a question during a Wednesday news conference, claiming the reporter's question was "valid" and saying the president "freaking out" doesn't help his cause.

"This was a harshly worded attack. He attacked Jeff Mason, you know, accused him of being 'fake news' and all that, when he asked a perfectly valid question," Hume said about Trump on Wednesday on "The Story with Martha MacCallum.""

The exchange:
  • MASON: "The question, sir, was what did you want President Zelensky to do about Vice President Biden and his son Hunter?
  • TRUMP: "Are you talking to me?"
  • MASON: "Yes. It's just a follow-up of what I just asked you, sir."
  • TRUMP: "Listen, are you ready? We have the president of Finland. Ask him a question."
  • MASON: "I have one for him. I wanted to follow up on the one that I asked you."
  • TRUMP: Did you hear me? Did you hear me? Ask him a question. I've given you a long answer, ask this gentleman a question. Don't be rude. I've answered everything. It's a whole hoax. And you know who's playing into this hoax? People like you and the fake news media that we have in this country. And I say in many cases, the corrupt media."

Well defenders of all things Trump... rationalize this. Trump had an opportunity to set the record straight - to tell his side of the story regarding the call - and he instead attacks the messenger. "Are you talking to me?". Really, dude? No, Trump, he was asking the President of Finland about HIS call to Ukraine.

I really am beginning to think he may be convicted in the Senate if he continues down the current path.

You don't see a problem with asking those kinds of questions when there is an official of a foreign government or when the person being asked is in a foreign country? There's a time and a place for everything ... that wasn't the time or the place. My response would be to start pulling credentials when reporters are too damn stupid to figure it out. Of course, the reporter is probably a yankee who doesn't have a problem with loud, vulgar, and stupid in a classy setting.

Would be hilarious if China called Trump on this by publicly announcing that--at the request of Donald J Trump--they were launching an investigation of the Bidens and would announce the results at a time of Trump's choosing.

You don't see a problem with asking those kinds of questions when there is an official of a foreign government or when the person being asked is in a foreign country? There's a time and a place for everything ... that wasn't the time or the place. My response would be to start pulling credentials when reporters are too damn stupid to figure it out. Of course, the reporter is probably a yankee who doesn't have a problem with loud, vulgar, and stupid in a classy setting.
As usual he had a decent message and articulated it badly. At the very start Trump made a joke on how many people showed up to see him (Finland Prez) and the Fin jokingly corrected he was pretty sure it wasn’t him they were there to see. Which... setup Trump’s tirade... but he articulated it badly.

Here's a fun conspiracy theory I saw somewhere else...

They are trying to draw Pence into this as well. They end up trying to impeach them both. They succeed.

President Nancy Pelosi waiting in the winds. She appoints Hillary as Vice President. Pelosi steps down for "reasons of health and family."

President Hillary Clinton. Coup complete.

The Presidential Succession Act is a little murky on the office of acting versus Senate approved. If a person had a previous Senate approval for a Cabinet level post, they are eligible for Presidential duties. It doesn't state when specifically the Senate could approve, just that the Senate had to approve the nomination.

I think that would incite a civil war, and I don't think the dims would find it very civil.

He just doesn't get it.
This is the moment when most people probably will realize this dude doesn't want to be President. That was some epic dumb sh!t to say..and thats saying a lot..

Would be hilarious if China called Trump on this by publicly announcing that--at the request of Donald J Trump--they were launching an investigation of the Bidens and would announce the results at a time of Trump's choosing.

Freakin' China. Of all the countries to ask to conduct an investigation on corruption.

Suppose they generated a "Biden is Bad" report. Would Trump parade it around as a "win"? He could have Rudy deliver it from Beijing.

Here's a fun conspiracy theory I saw somewhere else...

They are trying to draw Pence into this as well. They end up trying to impeach them both. They succeed.

President Nancy Pelosi waiting in the winds. She appoints Hillary as Vice President. Pelosi steps down for "reasons of health and family."

President Hillary Clinton. Coup complete.

The Presidential Succession Act is a little murky on the office of acting versus Senate approved. If a person had a previous Senate approval for a Cabinet level post, they are eligible for Presidential duties. It doesn't state when specifically the Senate could approve, just that the Senate had to approve the nomination.

Obviously you've been reading Lewis Carroll again.

What makes it weirder is that Biden is hardly a political juggernaut.

There's a not insubstantial chance that he could implode his campaign himself.

He just doesn't get it.

Then again perhaps he does get it, and you are the one who doesn't. Who do you think would investigate a potential crime on Chinese soil? Of course, corruption, coercion, and bribery have long been established in the Chinese culture, so ....

Reactions: FallCreekVols

VN Store

Back