Donnie Tyndall Thread

Not going to trust any fansided article. They also put out a story that White was hired last night.

His team beat Louisville in one of his tourney appearances. Could been luck or he is a good coach.

Like the fact he has done it at two different schools.

Sorry to sound like "that guy" but it looks like Tyndall should have been ahead of White on the list all along.

Reactions: 1 person
Not gonna lie I put White ahead of Tyndall simply because of his uptempo style of play. But I think Tyndall is the more "proven" out of two. So bring him on lol.

I'm predicting a presser for Tyndall no later than Wednesday. We are trying to calm negative perceptions in the worst way.

This guys team did something that Cuonzo's team couldn't do this year. His team beat UTEP!

tyndall.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Tyndall is an OK option at this point. I agree his record actually looks better than White. But i felt better with White's style of play and with his recruiting - which we all know is the no 1 priority.

Tyndall rebuilt Morehead. Southern Miss had been in the NCAA tourney the year before he arrived, so they'd been pretty good.

But the team lost basically everything between graduating 5 seniors and losing 3 juniors, the entire roster was turned over.

In Tyndall's first year the 2 leading scorers on the team, and 4 of the 6 guys who averaged 8.5 points or more were new to the roster.

That first Tyndall team also won 2 more games than the prior year, went from 89th to 37th in the nation in points per game, and from 112th to 94th in points allowed. That team finished 27th in the RPI and didn't make the NCAA tourney with a 25-10 record, while the year before they were a 9th seed with a 23-9 record and #26 RPI rating.

I'd imagine very few teams have ever had 25 wins and an RPI of 27 and not made the tourney. Makes no sense that they got the 9 a year prior with basically the same resume.

For people with recruiting concerns. This is from his days at MTSU.

During their time together in Murfreesboro, Davis and Tyndall have combined their talents to produce three consecutive winning seasons and restore pride in the Blue Raider program. As recruiting coordinator at Middle Tennessee, Tyndall has been instrumental in landing two signing classes ranked in the Top 25 nationally. Hoop Scoop ranked the 2003 class No. 23, while the 2004 class was rated No. 11 nationally. Each class was regarded as the No. 1 class in the Sun Belt by the basketball publication.

Almost assuredly homerish and overblown. But sounds similar to White's Ole Miss bio.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back