Don;t hire Freeze as the next coach...That program needs a proven head coach and a AD replaced!

Come on, you can do better than this. If you don't like the guy, just say that's why you don't want him here.. Don't throw one game (a game Liberty was not flavored in) up as proof he can't coach... Just a little bit disingenuous don't you think?

Or did you forget the blue font?
It was blue font. But here are other reasons Freeze will not be hired here.

Go after Urban Meyer and offer that man a 7 year deal with at least 6 mil a year and you might have a winning football program again. Also Fulmer needs to go to because he should've been never been able to sit foot around the football program again especially after what he did to it from 2005-2008. They need a new AD and a proven head coach that's already been a championship coach in the SEC up there on the HILL. 5 loss's in a row for the first time in history up there. Hire Meyer and a new AD!
6 million?...Hahaha!!...He was making 8 million at OSU...Why on gods green earth do you think he would even give us the time of day for that kind of money and the dumpster fire he would take over here??....Freeze would turn us around FAST!...Not sure where you got this he isn't a proven head coach stuff from.

Tennessee will have to overpay......6 mil will not get Meyer to Tennessee.

I wish Tennessee would “overpay” (because....they have to)......but I doubt they will.

We heard “money isn’t a problem” last time......now money is a problem.

I’m hopeful for MUCH better......but right now they could shove Nort Texas Southern up and coming coach at me and I would be grateful.

Pruitt sucks that bad.
Butch Jones has got to go.

Reactions: PowerT83
Go after Urban Meyer and offer that man a 7 year deal with at least 6 mil a year and you might have a winning football program again. Also Fulmer needs to go to because he should've been never been able to sit foot around the football program again especially after what he did to it from 2005-2008. They need a new AD and a proven head coach that's already been a championship coach in the SEC up there on the HILL. 5 loss's in a row for the first time in history up there. Hire Meyer and a new AD!
Urban Meyer will be the next Coach at USC. He has no desire to dampen his legacy by losing in the SEC. If he took the UT job, he's going to lose, alot more than he is accustomed to.

Reactions: feathersax
Freeze is a sketchy sleezewad but I'd take anyone over conehead

We’ve all fallen and made mistakes. There is none righteous, no not one (Romans 3:10). Hugh Freeze would be a tremendous hire for Tennessee. If not him, I’d kick the tires on Luke Fickell.

There is literally zero chance Urban Meyer is our next HC

Freeze is a proven HC

For crying out loud get real.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Urban Meyer will be the next Coach at USC. He has no desire to dampen his legacy by losing in the SEC. If he took the UT job, he's going to lose, alot more than he is accustomed to.
You might very well be right about him going out west to take the USC job..i can see that happening

Tennessee will have to overpay......6 mil will not get Meyer to Tennessee.

I wish Tennessee would “overpay” (because....they have to)......but I doubt they will.

We heard “money isn’t a problem” last time......now money is a problem.

I’m hopeful for MUCH better......but right now they could shove Nort Texas Southern up and coming coach at me and I would be grateful.

Pruitt sucks that bad.
Meyer would turn down 12 million from Tennessee. I’ve been with him and he has no respect for us. Frankly told me this.

Meyer would turn down 12 million from Tennessee. I’ve been with him and he has no respect for us. Frankly told me this.

I wouldn’t ever “think” Meyer would come to Tennessee.

However.....”if” he were going to coach somewhere......and “if” Tennessee offered 12 million a year........

I think he would be a Vol.....no matter what he or anyone has ever said.

Great coaches are confident in themselves.....and usually they can get it done......and everyone.......wants to feel appreciated and such........12 mill..........highest paid coach in college football........yea “if” he were going to coach......he wouldn’t turn that down.

Nevertheless he ain’t coming. First he simply ain’t coming, second Tennessee ain’t paying anyone 12 million.

Old enough to collect SS and idolize Bobby Majors, but sure....... whatever you say.

I NEVER QUESTIONED MEYER'S ABILITIES!!!!

Try to read it again: There's absolutely ZERO incentive for Urban Meyer to step back into the SEC and rebuild a dumpster fire at this point in his life. As you pointed out (and I already knew, ) HE'S ALREADY BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. Nothing, absolutely nothing could make that job attractive again. Why?

Could be do it? Probably. But why the would he when he's on EVERYBODY'S short list including his dream job at Notre Dame.

I'm not questioning his ability. But why??? Got it, kid?

You said Urban only wins with loaded rosters, fears Saban and said Kirby Smart would blow him out. You 100 percent questioned his abilities with all those statements. Thanks for the "kid" statement there, I'm probably older than you and will take that as a compliment.

You said Urban only wins with loaded rosters, fears Saban and said Kirby Smart would blow him out. You 100 percent questioned his abilities with all those statements. Thanks for the "kid" statement there, I'm probably older than you and will take that as a compliment.
I said, CLEARLY, Meyer beat Saban with TALENT.

Perhaps you think JG or HB are Chris Leak or Tebow talents? Perhaps you forget that the Gators were ranked #10 pre-season going into 05? Perhaps you forget they got most starters back from 05 AND had a great recruiting season with Meyer incoming? The roster at UT isn't bare of talent but FL was #10, UT was #25 pre season coming off a year where they lost to Ga State at Neyland. There's a difference there, wouldn't you say?

Meyer is an INCREDIBLE coach and PHENOMENAL recruiter but he had LOTS of time before 08 when he beat Saban. He's a REALLY, REALLY talented coach but he hardly put out a "dumpster fire" at FL.

Be reasonable. First, no amount of money is going to lure Meyer to the SEC. He's got nothing to prove here. Second, TN is a PROJECT, not a turnkey, top 10 team like Florida was when Meyer stepped in.

Keep dreaming but Urban Meyer is far too smart to come back to the SEC.

Closer to $11m to win a bidding war.
This all all day. I was going to say that 10million would probably be the 1st bid that would be seriously entertained by Urban. Once that # becomes the low water mark watch how fast Texas or USC could come up with a better offer that involves not having to play in the SEC .

I’m sorry but you’re completely clueless. Meyer was making 7.6 million at Ohio State. There is zero way in hell he would come back to the SEC for less than that. Texas or Southern Cal would pay him whatever he wanted and give him an easier path to the championship.

Why in the hell would anyone say Freeze is unproven?
Evan Winter over at RTT makes the point that even the Freeze hire is not devoid of questions.

"Many believe that Hugh Freeze would be a slam dunk and it makes sense, but let’s not forget he went 5-7 his last year down in Oxford and as odd as this may seem, you have to wonder how much of his recruiting success was tied to the reason(s) that led to his demise at Ole Miss. I mean, his official record with Rebels is 12-25 after the NCAA stripped him —and the program— of 33 wins over six seasons. There are just as many questions and unknowns with him as most other candidates."

A roster bustling with talent, a competent assistant to promote, and a likely national championship would be pretty nice.
The issue at Tennessee that isn't present at Texas or Southern Cal is that however bustling with talent our roster is, there are 3 permanent opponents on our schedule whose rosters are bustling with more.

This all all day. I was going to say that 10million would probably be the 1st bid that would be seriously entertained by Urban. Once that # becomes the low water mark watch how fast Texas or USC could come up with a better offer that involves not having to play in the SEC .
Precisely.

VN Store

Back