Don;t hire Freeze as the next coach...That program needs a proven head coach and a AD replaced!

If you want Meyer offer him 4 years/50 million. He said recently he evaluates every year whether he wants to return to coaching or not. Make the offer enough that he will have to consider it. 4 or 5 years with him will net a national title here.
What's the point in hiring Meyer. Yeah it might be a short term fix but he'll be gone by year 4 or 5. Then we'll be back in spot looking for another head coach.

What's the point in hiring Meyer. Yeah it might be a short term fix but he'll be gone by year 4 or 5. Then we'll be back in spot looking for another head coach.

A roster bustling with talent, a competent assistant to promote, and a likely national championship would be pretty nice.

A roster bustling with talent, a competent assistant to promote, and a likely national championship would be pretty nice.
Well in that case we might as well just give Gene Chizik a call too and see if he's interested.

By the way. I don't disagree with what your saying but I'd like to have a coach whose going to be here at least a decade or longer.

Well in that case we might as well just give Gene Chizik a call too and see if he's interested.

Chizik checks none of those boxes. Urban is neck and neck with Saban as the best coach in football and his assistants are spreading out and turning into great head coaches.

Urban Meyer is still employed by Ohio State as an Assistant Athletic Director. Besides that continued connection, he's not coming to the SEC for the reason someone else stated: Urban Meyer doesn't want to get his butt handed to him by Nick Saban (and likely Kirby Smart) for 4 or 5 years.

While rebuilding TN, Saban would hang 50 or 60 on Meyer just for spite and Meyer knows that.

Go after Urban Meyer and offer that man a 7 year deal with at least 6 mil a year and you might have a winning football program again. Also Fulmer needs to go to because he should've been never been able to sit foot around the football program again especially after what he did to it from 2005-2008. They need a new AD and a proven head coach that's already been a championship coach in the SEC up there on the HILL. 5 loss's in a row for the first time in history up there. Hire Meyer and a new AD!
Probably take near Swinney/Saban money. I don’t think 6m is even close.

I’m sorry but you’re completely clueless. Meyer was making 7.6 million at Ohio State. There is zero way in hell he would come back to the SEC for less than that. Texas or Southern Cal would pay him whatever he wanted and give him an easier path to the championship.

Why in the hell would anyone say Freeze is unproven?
He cannot even defeat NC State. We all know about the ACC and football quality except for Clemson. Pass.

We often say (as I have as well) “no big name coach is coming here (as things are).”

However most really good coaches probably have confidence in themselves.

“If” the checkbook was ever truly opened up and money really wasn’t a problem......they could get a “big name.”

They would have to way over pay.....but seriously great coaches are great......sure their few and far between......but real coaches turn bad situations around........and at the very least they think they can.

Urban Meyer is still employed by Ohio State as an Assistant Athletic Director. Besides that continued connection, he's not coming to the SEC for the reason someone else stated: Urban Meyer doesn't want to get his butt handed to him by Nick Saban (and likely Kirby Smart) for 4 or 5 years.

While rebuilding TN, Saban would hang 50 or 60 on Meyer just for spite and Meyer knows that.

You do know Urban is 2-2 vs Saban and beat him the last time they played. I'll assume you're joking about Smart. Urban would tower above the other coaches in the East.

You do know Urban is 2-2 vs Saban and beat him the last time they played. I'll assume you're joking about Smart. Urban would tower above the other coaches in the East.
Yeah, I know Urban Meyer had a juggernaut full of talent at Florida and well disciplined program when he beat Saban.

What's that got to do with the current TN program? Nothing. We're nowhere NEAR as loaded as Florida was then, nor as disciplined.

I'm not questioning Meyer's coaching ability, I'm questioning why a coach of his legacy would want to step into a dumpster fire....... rather than bide his time until his dream job in South Bend opens.

What the hell is in it for Urban Meyer to get boatraced by Saban (and yes, likely Smart) for about 3 years while he rebuilds TN?

uh...what? Because if you don’t think urban Meyer wouldn’t completely overhaul the cultural rot we have in Knoxville and completely change the status quo of the recruits we get and their development—-you really don’t have a football IQ.

Yeah, I know Urban Meyer had a juggernaut full of talent at Florida and well disciplined program when he beat Saban.

What's that got to do with the current TN program? Nothing. We're nowhere NEAR as loaded as Florida was then, nor as disciplined.

I'm not questioning Meyer's coaching ability, I'm questioning why a coach of his legacy would want to step into a dumpster fire....... rather than bide his time until his dream job in South Bend opens.

What the hell is in it for Urban Meyer to get boatraced by Saban (and yes, likely Smart) for about 3 years while he rebuilds TN?

Like you said: Urban Meyer has a legacy and an ego to match. The challenge of restoring a blue blood like Tennessee might be the allure someone like Urban Meyer would want with his next gig.

Like you said: Urban Meyer has a legacy and an ego to match. The challenge of restoring a blue blood like Tennessee might be the allure someone like Urban Meyer would want with his next gig.
That and 10-12M a year and likely his selection of a new AD.........

Man, I don't drink enough to believe these kinds of pipe dreams.

Maybe Muschamp wants to "redeem" his legacy, but Meyer certainly doesn't want to risk tarnishing his and his ego is well fed on TV each week.

But y'all keep drinking and dreaming......

Urban would win 10+ games next year with our current roster. The man went 12-0 at Utah 20 months after they went 5-6. He was the national coach of the year that year. Utah won every game they played by 14 or more points. He's 186-32 at 4 different stops. He was hired at each one because their coach had just been fired. Even money he'd beat Georgia next year. He's that much better than Kirby Smart. You're apparently either very young or don't watch much football over the last 20 years if you don't know how quickly he's turned around every single program he's ever been associated with.

Florida had been an undisciplined mess under Zook. Urban won the NC in year 2. He beat 5th ranked Tennessee and 4th ranked Georgia in year one. Ohio State was coming off 6-7 and on probation when he arrived and he went 12-0 in year one.

Hire freeze. Dude has succeeded everywhere he’s been. We have enough players here now for freeze to succeed with.

Go after Urban Meyer and offer that man a 7 year deal with at least 6 mil a year and you might have a winning football program again. Also Fulmer needs to go to because he should've been never been able to sit foot around the football program again especially after what he did to it from 2005-2008. They need a new AD and a proven head coach that's already been a championship coach in the SEC up there on the HILL. 5 loss's in a row for the first time in history up there. Hire Meyer and a new AD!
Shut up n take another drink!!!

Urban would win 10+ games next year with our current roster. The man went 12-0 at Utah 20 months after they went 5-6. He was the national coach of the year that year. Utah won every game they played by 14 or more points. He's 186-32 at 4 different stops. He was hired at each one because their coach had just been fired. Even money he'd beat Georgia next year. He's that much better than Kirby Smart. You're apparently either very young or don't watch much football over the last 20 years if you don't know how quickly he's turned around every single program he's ever been associated with.

Florida had been an undisciplined mess under Zook. Urban won the NC in year 2. He beat 5th ranked Tennessee and 4th ranked Georgia in year one. Ohio State was coming off 6-7 and on probation when he arrived and he went 12-0 in year one.
Old enough to collect SS and idolize Bobby Majors, but sure....... whatever you say.

I NEVER QUESTIONED MEYER'S ABILITIES!!!!

Try to read it again: There's absolutely ZERO incentive for Urban Meyer to step back into the SEC and rebuild a dumpster fire at this point in his life. As you pointed out (and I already knew, ) HE'S ALREADY BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT. Nothing, absolutely nothing could make that job attractive again. Why?

Could be do it? Probably. But why the would he when he's on EVERYBODY'S short list including his dream job at Notre Dame.

I'm not questioning his ability. But why??? Got it, kid?

Let's face it.

The best guy to coach at Mississippi isn't coming here.

The current coach at Mississippi already coached here and left.

The current coach at Mississippi State was our last chance and he's losing. Their formar coach is about to beat our ass in the biggest rivalry game UT plays in the last 30 years.

Mississippi has been the worst state in football in the SEC historically.

Give me one reason why Mississippi hasn't made Tennessee look like a bitch in the last 20 years,

He cannot even defeat NC State. We all know about the ACC and football quality except for Clemson. Pass.
Come on, you can do better than this. If you don't like the guy, just say that's why you don't want him here.. Don't throw one game (a game Liberty was not flavored in) up as proof he can't coach... Just a little bit disingenuous don't you think?

Or did you forget the blue font?

We are paying well over $4mil a year for this. Saban and Dabo are making about $10 mil. We would have to pay Meyer at least $12 mil for his agent to return our phone calls.

Meyer is not coming to Tennessee period. There’s only 2 jobs he might take, Texas or USC and even those are probably highly doubtful if offered. He’s pretty comfy now and his legacy is intact. He promised his kids he isn’t coaching again too. I can’t see any scenario where he even considers Tennessee. It’s pie in the sky stuff.

VN Store

Back