Don;t hire Freeze as the next coach...That program needs a proven head coach and a AD replaced!

franklinboy

Go after Urban Meyer and offer that man a 7 year deal with at least 6 mil a year and you might have a winning football program again. Also Fulmer needs to go to because he should've been never been able to sit foot around the football program again especially after what he did to it from 2005-2008. They need a new AD and a proven head coach that's already been a championship coach in the SEC up there on the HILL. 5 loss's in a row for the first time in history up there. Hire Meyer and a new AD!

Reactions: kbear01
Tennessee will have to overpay......6 mil will not get Meyer to Tennessee.

I wish Tennessee would “overpay” (because....they have to)......but I doubt they will.

We heard “money isn’t a problem” last time......now money is a problem.

I’m hopeful for MUCH better......but right now they could shove Nort Texas Southern up and coming coach at me and I would be grateful.

Pruitt sucks that bad.

Go after Urban Meyer and offer that man a 7 year deal with at least 6 mil a year and you might have a winning football program again. Also Fulmer needs to go to because he should've been never been able to sit foot around the football program again especially after what he did to it from 2005-2008. They need a new AD and a proven head coach that's already been a championship coach in the SEC up there on the HILL. 5 loss's in a row for the first time in history up there. Hire Meyer and a new AD!
In what way is Freeze unproven?

Meyer left the SEC because he was scared of Saban. Not gonna happen. Freeze would be great but it won’t happen as long as Fulmer is there.

In what way is Freeze unproven?
Well see he lost by 1 on the road with what amounts to a FBS scout team.
But it is his year 0
Let him get 5 recruiting classes of "his" players then we can decide.
Am I doing it right?

The only reason he was "caught " was bc he beat Bama 2x in a row

If he was 7-1 (sec) but losing to Bama each year, he'd still be at ole miss

He's an absolute proven leader and HC.
He would have a Spurrier type run at UT

Well see he lost by 1 on the road with what amounts to a FBS scout team.
But it is his year 0
Let him get 5 recruiting classes of "his" players then we can decide.
Am I doing it right?

The only reason he was "caught " was bc he beat Bama 2x in a row

If he was 7-1 (sec) but losing to Bama each year, he'd still be at ole miss

He's an absolute proven leader and HC.
He would have a Spurrier type run at UT
I agree with it all.

Gotta be honest, if I am a proven coach at a high level or even at a mid-major there is no way in hell I am going to Tennessee right now. Unfortunately, hiring assistants as head coaches is what we have got ourselves into.

We really have enough morons on the hill. Let’s just fire them by all, quit allowing Haslam influence and let the 5th caller

Reactions: howie87
Why not just keep Coach Pruitt until at least 2025?

A good coach should want to come here now, the cupboard isn't bare and the resources are second to none. We just need a proven winner and one that is hungry to win. The fan base is second to none of their isn't a fanbase in america that wants to win more. Tennessee needs to think like Bama finally did after they went through a thousand coaches, it takes money to make money. If Tennessee got the right coach in here and started winning the stands will be packed again, and the money will be flying in from donors and new ones. It's not about the money it's about putting down ego's and being willing to hire a winner and turn him loose. You would make the money back in no time. It could be a win for all, if all sides that could make it happen would quit fighting each other and work like true Volunteers to bring this great place back to life! The potential is here, we could have a speed train, if we would just lay down our tracks! GBO!

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I’m sorry but you’re completely clueless. Meyer was making 7.6 million at Ohio State. There is zero way in hell he would come back to the SEC for less than that. Texas or Southern Cal would pay him whatever he wanted and give him an easier path to the championship.

Why in the hell would anyone say Freeze is unproven?

Freeze and Liberty shut down by Doeren and NC State. Believe that makes Doeren the Flavor of the Week Coach. We should throw the bank at Doeren and I think he’ll take the job this time...
- Armchair AD
Liberty was beaten by a team that was favored? That's weird. You hardly ever see something like that happen.

$6 million per year? Try $8-9 million per year minimum.

Correction...we'll hire their Defensive Coordinator.

If he brings the LB Bobby Boucher with him, that might be a good hire. And if that’s the coach nobody can understand, the PCs will be fun, and not much dropoff from Pruitt on grammar.

If you want Meyer offer him 4 years/50 million. He said recently he evaluates every year whether he wants to return to coaching or not. Make the offer enough that he will have to consider it. 4 or 5 years with him will net a national title here.

VN Store

Back