Don’t freak out.

Most games now a days are poorly officialiated so I don't disagree with what your saying but sometimes on the road you get blatantly hosed. That didn't come anywhere close to happening. We had more free throws and less foul trouble than they did. That's all I'm saying.
Don’t disagree and tried to make that clear in my post. Again, officiating didn’t cost us the game.

Seems like he’s being asked to do too much
I certainly think he’s trying to do too much. Not sure on what he’s being asked to do. I just don’t think we can afford to take our best ball-handler off the floor. The drop off is enormous.

I said it in the game thread, and I’m going to see if I can actually do it. The officiating is painful to watch. The Memphis game wasn’t any better. I think I’m taking a break from watching. I know it’s not fair to the kids, but it’s awful tv. Also, I have 4 young kids, and I’ve already said something out loud I shouldn’t have and been reprimanded by the wife. I just can’t watch games with TV, Sirmons, Shows, Pat Adams, etc.
I don’t blame you.

I believe the Lamonte trial at PG has run its course. He’s getting worse! Would benefit him and the team for him to relinquish that role and maybe even start coming off the bench. JJJ is showing some signs of improvement.

I hate to say it, but I agree. There were times in the game last night where it felt like the team played better with Turner out. Do I believe we are a better team without LT? Of course not. But I definitely believe he is better coming off the bench and getting his minutes in smaller doses.

Barnes makes it to the sweet 16 with elite talent like Durant and makes it to the first round and not beyond with all other talent.

He has a resume decades long so you already know what you will get.

We will make into the tourney and get bounced first round, maybe second this year.

Barnes makes it to the sweet 16 with elite talent like Durant and makes it to the first round and not beyond with all other talent.

He has a resume decades long so you already know what you will get.

We will make into the tourney and get bounced first round, maybe second this year.

Lol. Did you research that?

He made 3 NCAAT appearances at Providence. Then, he made a Sweet 16 at Clemson, and it took them 21 years to do it again.

Then, he basically doubled the amount of NCAAT appearances at Texas. He didn’t even make the Sweet 16 with Durant, and I will let you check the makeup of that team to see why they struggled some.

It is undeniable that Rick Barnes can develop talent, and the more you go to the NCAAT, the greater a chance you have to go further.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Lol. Did you research that?

He made 3 NCAAT appearances at Providence. Then, he made a Sweet 16 at Clemson, and it took them 21 years to do it again.

Then, he basically doubled the amount of NCAAT appearances at Texas. He didn’t even make the Sweet 16 with Durant, and I will let you check the makeup of that team to see why they struggled some.

It is undeniable that Rick Barnes can develop talent, and the more you go to the NCAAT, the greater a chance you have to go further.

So um basically you agree he gets to the tourney and thrn gets bounced?

Ok...

So um basically you agree he gets to the tourney and thrn gets bounced?

Ok...

Every coach gets bounced when they go many times. Just the nature of it.

He’s been to 4 SS at 3 different schools, 2 EE, and a FF. But I guess that’s terrible.

He’s been to 4 SS at 3 different schools, 2 EE, and a FF. But I guess that’s terrible.

Never said he was terrible.

He just isn’t great.

He is above average. That’s all.

Yeah but almost all of his tourney success was the previous decade.

I think we can all agree Barnes is a good coach but not exactly a tournament winner.

(Craziest Barnes stat is with all the good teams he has had he has ONE conference tournament title back in 1994. Some sort of weird juju).

Never said he was terrible.

He just isn’t great.

He is above average. That’s all.

I’m not exactly sure what you are looking for at UT. The man fell into our lap and gave us instant credibility. The belly aching over his tournament record is kind of ridiculous to me. He was a questionable foul away from going the furthest that our school has ever gone, in his 4th year. This program has time and time again hired poor coaches. Last year was the most entertaining since 2009. Now, we have a good coach, and people complain. But that’s the world we live in.

Most games now a days are poorly officialiated so I don't disagree with what your saying but sometimes on the road you get blatantly hosed. That didn't come anywhere close to happening. We had more free throws and less foul trouble than they did. That's all I'm saying.

IIRC Refalytics Judd has data to support that TV Teddy is typically favorable to the road team in overall whistles. I don’t know what his total for/against calls were Wednesday though.

How so? By saying I think he's stepping up? Because that's the only part of my post where I gave him credit. Most of that post is from some of his early interviews, things he said himself. And I was going off of what he said, thinking about what he meant when he talked about the seniors. And comparing it to what I've seen as the season is progressing. He's starting to take more shots himself, instead of only passing it around. Not sure how that's "giving him a whole lot of credit". It's an observation. You make it sound like I said a bunch of things to his credit, when I really only said he's stepping up.

Let me expand/explain what I meant. What I meant was you give him a lot confidence in the potential ability to be able to "take over". Very few first year players can do this. The playing ability must be way beyond their experience and years to "convince" upperclassmen to "follow". I hope he can back up what he has said and what you, me, and everyone else desire. All I meant was you were giving him a lot of credit/confidence to be able to succeed as the team leader at his young, tender age.

Let me expand/explain what I meant. What I meant was you give him a lot confidence in the potential ability to be able to "take over". Very few first year players can do this. The playing ability must be way beyond their experience and years to "convince" upperclassmen to "follow". I hope he can back up what he has said and what you, me, and everyone else desire. All I meant was you were giving him a lot of credit/confidence to be able to succeed as the team leader at his young, tender age.

Why are you quoting things I didn't say? I didn't claim he would "take over". Nor did I say anything about "convincing" or "following". I said he's stepping up, as in improving and taking more shots instead of just trying to assist. I don't see how that's me putting a lot of confidence in him as a team leader. When I said nothing about him taking the spot as a leader. Just implying that he's probably trying to get more aggressive with his scoring. I think you misunderstood my post really, because I'm confused. It would be like me saying Pons is "stepping up" and being more aggressive with his scoring. Then you responding that I'm putting a bunch of confidence in him being a leader, when I didn't say anything about being a leader. Being more aggressive with scoring doesn't equate to being the team leader. I'm pretty sure what I meant, since I wrote it, and that's not what I meant.

Last edited:
Why are you quoting things I didn't say? I didn't claim he would "take over". Nor did I say anything about "convincing" or "following". I said he's stepping up, as in improving and taking more shots instead of just trying to assist. I don't see how that's me putting a lot of confidence in him as a team leader. When I said nothing about him taking the spot as a leader. Just implying that he's probably trying to get more aggressive with his scoring. I think you misunderstood my post really, because I'm confused. It would be like me saying Pons is "stepping up" and being more aggressive with his scoring. Then you responding that I'm putting a bunch of confidence in him being a leader, when I didn't say anything about being a leader. Being more aggressive with scoring doesn't equate to being the team leader. I'm pretty sure what I meant, since I wrote it, and that's not what I meant.

You are correct. I did misunderstand what you said/meant. For some reason I had the impression the jest of your post was about finding leadership as was talked about throughout the thread. Sorry for my error.....

3 point percentage needs to rise and fast. We are coming to the conference schedule where coaches have been watching many hours of film on the early season games and creating game plans. Ours is pretty easy, play out tight on the guards (they can't drive) no double teams necessary inside, crash the boards. Hopefully that will change as the 3 point shots start to fall again but Pons needs to get aggressive inside on offense with the same intensity as he has shown on defense. Our fast break transition game is nonexistent right now, need some run and gun fun like Auburn.

Time to FREAK now. Without Turner it will take a miracle to dance. Gut check next Saturday.

Time to FREAK now. Without Turner it will take a miracle to dance. Gut check next Saturday.
I’m not sure if I believe that...not saying it doesn’t hurt, but his play wasn’t helping a to obviousiy...he had a -22 at Cincinnati. If we can still play defense and limit turnovers with someone else then I don’t think it’s much difference.

Reactions: BowlBrother85
I’m not sure if I believe that...not saying it doesn’t hurt, but his play wasn’t helping a to obviousiy...he had a -22 at Cincinnati. If we can still play defense and limit turnovers with someone else then I don’t think it’s much difference.

I will say that if there was ever a year that it can be done in the SEC, this year is it. A lot of mediocre teams. Wish we could have gotten either the Memphis or Cincy game to bolster the resume.

I'll be very surprised(but hopeful). He was the closest we had to a leader on this team. He's shown several times this season that he could still help without shooting the ball. going to miss the distribution. Breaks my heart for him and the team.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back