Don’t do this to yourselves

I just watched Pruitts press conference for the UF game on youtube. There was a couple of questions that were asked that really stood out. He was asked about moving Kingston Harris to OL. I am paraphrasing a little but he basically said we dont have depth and more importantly SEC caliber depth. Then he was asked about Trevon Flowers. Pruitt said he has the best instincts for the ball on the team. Now how is this relevant? Simple. His responses pretty much reinforce the OPs stance. We arent a good team. And even if we were to find a way to beat UF, thats not going to change the fact that we are not good.
But you haven’t ruled out the POSSIBILITY of a win?

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Not trying to give you crap, just an honest question—who should we have gone after? No one wanted the job except maybe Leach. Let’s see how Pruitt plays out before we bury him.
I wouldn't mind being wrong. Kind of want to know what that feels like at least once before my number is up. ;)

Dude I hear you. Not picking on you but seriously who should we have gone after? Not putting you on the spot, genuine question.
Once Kelley was off the table, and assuming Gruden was a white whale, Patterson and Petersen were next on my list. For the right money, we could have had either one IMO. UT flying to meet Mullen today

We are only two years removed from scoring 38 unanswered points on their supposed NFL defense. This could honestly be JG’s breakout game. If he’s loose and gets it going early, and they pull off the upset, It will honestly go down as one of the more memorable performances in recent UT history.
O
I just watched Pruitts press conference for the UF game on youtube. There was a couple of questions that were asked that really stood out. He was asked about moving Kingston Harris to OL. I am paraphrasing a little but he basically said we dont have depth and more importantly SEC caliber depth. Then he was asked about Trevon Flowers. Pruitt said he has the best instincts for the ball on the team. Now how is this relevant? Simple. His responses pretty much reinforce the OPs stance. We arent a good team. And even if we were to find a way to beat UF, thats not going to change the fact that we are not good.

Carefull now fella your asking for it, no negativity allowed and don’t try to be a realist on VN, it hurts too many feelings
Reality does suck sometimes

1537489371560.gif

O

Carefull now fella your asking for it, no negativity allowed and don’t try to be a realist on VN, it hurts too many feelings

View attachment 169176
YOUR “reality” does...borne from the pits of misery where it was also spawned. Speaking of SUCK, how you doing?

That what you think this thread is about? Did you read this thread? Do you think I believe this is a good team?

Line everywhere I look is less than a TD. 4.5-6 That's a within the margin of error type spread. All the gators have to do is turn it over a couple of times and we've flipped that script. I mean we ain't playing Bama as a 30 point dog...at least yet :p

Last edited:
O

View attachment 169176
Lol...

2f285313225b84674c263091ff121d64.jpg

YOUR “reality” does...borne from the pits of misery where it was also spawned. Speaking of SUCK, how you doing?

Just fine and you?
I do love UT, they payed for my education with a baseball scholarship, my daughter graduated from UT and my son went to UT until he was involved in a car accident in Knoxville and suffered a traumatic brain injury and is now a paraplegic, unfortunately

Florida is not very good but we are worse. Their DL is better than our OL which determines most games. Their offense may not score much, but their special teams will likely make big plays on us.

We won’t lose because of the name on their helmet or our history with them since division play began. We will lose because we aren’t very good at football right now.

Put on your Big Orange Cup and get ready for a kick to the junk. Of course, please bump this if we win.
I really hope this ages horribly.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Just fine and you?
I do love UT, they payed for my education with a baseball scholarship, my daughter graduated from UT and my son went to UT until he was involved in a car accident in Knoxville and suffered a traumatic brain injury and is now a paraplegic, unfortunately
Mom and Dad died of cancer and then my first wife joined them. Am I doing this right?

Reactions: GrudenVol5th
Mom and Dad died of cancer and then my first wife joined them. Am I doing this right?

I feel sorry for you, thats tough to go through, I know my sons accident changed my life forever and Im sure your loss was just as difficult.
If you feel better now I guess you are doing it right

I feel sorry for you, thats tough to go through, I know my sons accident changed my life forever and Im sure your loss was just as difficult.
If you feel better now I guess you are doing it right
Glad we weren’t getting into a contest. Sorry that happened to your son.

Reactions: photovol
Florida is not very good but we are worse. Their DL is better than our OL which determines most games. Their offense may not score much, but their special teams will likely make big plays on us.

We won’t lose because of the name on their helmet or our history with them since division play began. We will lose because we aren’t very good at football right now.

Put on your Big Orange Cup and get ready for a kick to the junk. Of course, please bump this if we win.

Still waiting on the invite from the Optimists Club?

Go Vols.

VN Store

Back