Dominant Teams or......

alwaysavol

Schedules so far:
Alabama- Middle Tenn., Southern Miss., S.C., Ark., Fla.
Georgia- Boise St., S.C., Louisiana-Monroe, Miss. St., (rest), Tenn.

Why after playing only one "tough" game so far are these two teams being considered by most a lock for the SEC championship?

From the East, it's gonna come down to the Cocktail Party. From the west... Probably Bama or LSU, but Bama has the leg up after we beat LSU.

Originally posted by milohimself@Oct 13, 2005 12:37 AM
From the East, it's gonna come down to the Cocktail Party. From the west... Probably Bama or LSU, but Bama has the leg up after we beat LSU.
[snapback]165228[/snapback]​

Bama doesn't have a leg up on LSU considering they play each other. It's a push.

Both teams have three tough teams left (including eachother), but LSU already has the one loss. I'd consider that a leg up.

I know this is wishful thinking and I already know the answer but I will ask it anyway. Shy of an alien race deciding that they can't go another day on their planet without the Florida, Georgia and Bama football teams causing a massive abduction, do we have any remote chance of being in the SEC championship?

It is ok to lie to me.

GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!

Originally posted by obxvol@Oct 13, 2005 5:45 AM
I know this is wishful thinking and I already know the answer but I will ask it anyway. Shy of an alien race deciding that they can't go another day on their planet without the Florida, Georgia and Bama football teams causing a massive abduction, do we have any remote chance of being in the SEC championship?

It is ok to lie to me.

GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!
[snapback]165281[/snapback]​

Yep. Odds are very likely we will not be going to Atlanta. Doesn't mean we can't pull out a ten-win season. Just gotta turn it around!

PUT ON YOUR RALLY CAPS!!!

Originally posted by VolunteerHillbilly@Oct 13, 2005 11:19 AM
I think it is a mistake to count Auburn out in the west.
[snapback]165351[/snapback]​

In the preseason i all but did, They have @LSU and @Ga. Pending how things go between now and Nov 19th, Bama @ Auburn could very well decide the West in one Big rival game.

Originally posted by VolunteerHillbilly@Oct 13, 2005 10:19 AM
I think it is a mistake to count Auburn out in the west.
[snapback]165351[/snapback]​

Me too. I fully expect them to gut Bama like a trout.

Originally posted by obxvol@Oct 13, 2005 7:45 AM

It is ok to lie to me.

GO VOLS! BEAT BAMA!
[snapback]165281[/snapback]​

No, but I heard somewhere that Fox Mulder has been hanging aroung in Athens :D

With the parity in the SEC it's certainly possible we go to Atlanta, but not really probable in the least.

We need to just win out, and hope for the best as far as other teams go.

Originally posted by jwells@Oct 14, 2005 11:33 AM
With the parity in the SEC it's certainly possible we go to Atlanta, but not really probable in the least.

We need to just win out, and hope for the best as far as other teams go.
[snapback]165918[/snapback]​

Yall have 2 SEC losses. Georgia has 0 and UF has 1 but they already beat you. In the case of a tie breaker, yall are already out by losing to both of them. Yall would have to go undefeated the rest of the way and then have UGA lose 3 SEC games and have UF lose 2 more SEC games. Quit kidding yourselves, there's absolutely no way yall can make it to Atlanta. As far as the schedules go, quit crying. Yall have played UF, LSU, UGA and now we're next. Then you have nonconference ND. Then you finish with Memphis, USC, Kentucky, and Vandy...real tough. Meanwhile, we have already destroyed a team that gave you one of your losses and while we haven't played anybody else very good we finish with UT, LSU, and Auburn. So it basically evens out by the end of the season. Yall just got it really tough at the beginning of the season as where our tough games are more spread out. Either way, you're 3-2 because you didn't play well. Yall lost to UF and we took care of them. That's the difference.

Originally posted by alwaysavol@Oct 12, 2005 10:43 PM
Schedules so far:

Why after playing only one "tough" game so far are these two teams being considered by most a lock for the SEC championship?
[snapback]165190[/snapback]​

Why did you put tough in quotation marks. Are you implying UF wasn't really a "tough" game. Because it sure was a "tough" game for yall considering you lost it. However, we did beat UF by 4 TD's so I guess it wasn't that "tough" for us. :birgits_giggle:

Originally posted by BamasBack12@Oct 14, 2005 1:48 PM
  As far as the schedules go, quit crying.  Yall have played UF, LSU, UGA and now we're next.  Then you have nonconference ND.  Then you finish with Memphis, USC, Kentucky, and Vandy...real tough.
[snapback]165948[/snapback]​

Are you for real?? After the bama game, we will have played against 4 teams in the top 10. 3 of which were away games and then top it off AT Notre Dame who will most likely be ranked in the top 15 if not the top 10.

As far as I'm concerned, that IS a tough schedule. Much tougher than yours....that's for sure.

Originally posted by BamasBack12@Oct 14, 2005 12:48 PM
As far as the schedules go, quit crying.  Yall have played UF, LSU, UGA and now we're next.  Then you have nonconference ND.  Then you finish with Memphis, USC, Kentucky, and Vandy...real tough. 
[snapback]165948[/snapback]​

Ignore him OWB, this bammer just proved to me that he has absolutely no concept of playing a tough schedule with that remark. All I can do is shake my head, good lord, that was probably one of the dumbest things I have read from a bammer. :no:

Originally posted by alwaysavol@Oct 12, 2005 10:43 PM
Schedules so far:

[snapback]165190[/snapback]​

Bama is not because of LSU and Auburn still ahead...........Georgia, however, is a lock my friend.

Originally posted by USAF_Vol@Oct 14, 2005 8:24 PM
Ignore him OWB, this bammer just proved to me that he has absolutely no concept of playing a tough schedule with that remark.  All I can do is shake my head, good lord, that was probably one of the dumbest things I have read from a bammer. :no:
]you finish with Memphis, USC, Kentucky, and Vandy

His point was we played our tough section of the schedule early but finish with the weaker part. Other schools (Bama) have it reversed. I agree with the Bammer on this point YMMV.
Unless TN elevates it's game, we could lose 2 or 3 more before season's end (Bama, Notre Dame and possibly one more if we slip even further).
There's nothing dumb in his post IMHO.

Originally posted by GvHm6@Oct 15, 2005 11:39 AM
I think he was referring to the last 4 games as a sarcastic 'real tough'
His point was we played our tough section of the schedule early but finish with the weaker part. Other schools (Bama) have it reversed. I agree with the Bammer on this point YMMV.
Unless TN elevates it's game, we could lose 2 or 3 more before season's end (Bama, Notre Dame and possibly one more if we slip even further).
There's nothing dumb in his post IMHO.
[snapback]166250[/snapback]​

True but I refuse to agree with bamasback. That's the difference.

No, he quoted the whole schedule, yeah, our latter part is weak, but what are we supposed to do, evenly distribute the bottom feeders so it doesn't appear we have a lopsided schedule. We start at the top and they start at the bottom. IMO, GvHm6 is blatherskiting on this post.

Originally posted by USAF_Vol@Oct 15, 2005 4:59 PM
  IMO, GvHm6 is blatherskiting on this post.
[snapback]166501[/snapback]​

:lol:

Nice.

VN Store

Back