Dollywood

Hoya Saxa

I am taking my son to Dollywood to ride rollercoasters later this month. Where can I buy some discounted day passes? We are only going for one day and the full list price tickets are obscenely expensive.

Just FYI they don't open until March 19.

For one day passes there really aren't too many bargains to be had. Your best bet might be to check local area fast food restaurants. Around this time in March they start selling large drinks with $5 coupons on them. Take those to DW and you'll get $5 off your ticket price. Another option is to contact your local AAA office. They typically offer discount tickets but I think they are fairly close to the soft drink discount coupons.

You get better deals when you look at getting season passes. Food City offers discounts on season passes you typically can't get anywhere else(they currently do not have them yet as of today).

Their daily pass this year is $65 if I'm not mistaken and their season pass for Dollywood only is $94(adult), $82(child). It almost makes more sense to spend the extra $29 for a season pass. You'll make up this season pass cost in two visits.

Reactions: 2 people
You could also repeat what someone else already said and somehow get a like for it.

You could also repeat what someone else already said and somehow get a like for it.
Sorry about that.

I missed your mention.

Mods, please give my like too Coug.:)

In the past if you arrive after 3:00pm you get the next day free.A day and half for the price of one day.....

In the past if you arrive after 3:00pm you get the next day free.A day and half for the price of one day.....

Still true but that still leaves you buying a day pass at full price.

I've heard that people who work for Convenant health can get discount day tickets. If you are acquainted with someone they could probably get you a cheaper day pass.

When I was a youngin' it was called Silver Dollar City. Simpler times....

Exactly. They had the whole pig out on the grill for all to see with delicious barbecue. Now they can't because it offends people!

Also, a bottle of water wasn't 6 dollars back in those days like today at DW!

When I was a youngin' it was called Silver Dollar City. Simpler times....

What was the park across the street they put out of business?

I remember going late 80s and it was on its last leg but looked like it was cool at one time.

What was the park across the street they put out of business?

I remember going late 80s and it was on its last leg but looked like it was cool at one time.

Magic world, or magic land ? I might be wrong on the name, but I remember going there.

Magic world was up on the parkway. I loved that place along with Porpoise Island.

Wow, I totally forgot about that place. I remember a huge cargo net type thing and being so excited to climb on it. I must have been 4 when I went.

Exactly. They had the whole pig out on the grill for all to see with delicious barbecue. Now they can't because it offends people!

Also, a bottle of water wasn't 6 dollars back in those days like today at DW!

doesn't Dolly still give out free water ? if you have a bought cup at any place that has drinks ?

and no,i haven't been in years

I remember Silver Dollar City, not Magic World or Gold Rush Junction.

Does anyone remember Ogle's Water Park? I might be dating myself here. Lol
It was literally like the only water park in the surrounding area.

Dollywood does give away free ice water in coke cups, you just have to ask for it. Their counterpart water park Splash Country does the same as well.

I remember Silver Dollar City, not Magic World or Gold Rush Junction.

Does anyone remember Ogle's Water Park? I might be dating myself here. Lol
It was literally like the only water park in the surrounding area.

Dollywood does give away free ice water in coke cups, you just have to ask for it. Their counterpart water park Splash Country does the same as well.

Oh yeah, Ogle's! If we were REAL good we got to do both in one summer.

VN Store

Back