Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Well, we caught a mouse in the kitchen mousetrap during the night, so there’s that. But we have no idea if it was the same mouse. They’re not exactly solitary critters. Still, no signs of a real infestation yet (smell, mouse poop, gnawed-on food - our cabinetry is new and pretty tight.)

We’ll just have to go with seeing if Le Chat Lunatique continues staring vigilantly (her only skill, pretty much) under the range, fridge, and dishwasher, which are the only hiding places in the kitchen. 🐭

PS - regardless of what the cartoons say, peanut butter is the best trap bait around!

Well, we caught a mouse in the kitchen mousetrap during the night, so there’s that. But we have no idea if it was the same mouse. They’re not exactly solitary critters. Still, no signs of a real infestation yet (smell, mouse poop, gnawed-on food - our cabinetry is new and pretty tight.)

We’ll just have to go with seeing if Le Chat Lunatique continues staring vigilantly (her only skill, pretty much) under the range, fridge, and dishwasher, which are the only hiding places in the kitchen. 🐭

PS - regardless of what the cartoons say, peanut butter is the best trap bait around!
Update: so far, so good: cat has stopped inspecting the appliances, and no other signs of mousies. We’re cautiously hoping that this one was a scout sent to check out the lay of the land (or structure.)

Bonus: also, no sign of the groundhog that mowed down the pea plants, after Hubs patched the fence.

It ain’t easy being retired, folks!

What a great win on Sat. I went to the game today. Great crowd...for the Rays!
Saturday was a fun game. Didn't mind giving hockey tickets to wife and daughter and getting in baseball and hockey game traffic coming home from game. Was a good series. i do miss only having 15-20 minute drive home from them though. you catch many Marauders games?

Reactions: Boca Vol
Saturday was a fun game. Didn't mind giving hockey tickets to wife and daughter and getting in baseball and hockey game traffic coming home from game. Was a good series. i do miss only having 15-20 minute drive home from them though. you catch many Marauders games?

I try to catch 4-5 Marauders games...usually Thirsty Thurs. $2 beers.

Saturday was a heck of a night in the Bay area. Lightning in town, Rays vs. Sox, and Kenney Chesney at Ray Jay. Got back to Sarasota at 1:30 AM Sun morninf. Got ready to leave for the Rays game at 11 only to find I had a flat tire. Had to re-group and didn't make it to Fergs until about 12:30. Slammed a couple of beers and scooted on over to the Trop.

IMG_20220423_214119293_MP.jpg

Last edited:

VN Store

Back