Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

SIAP, ran across this and thought it was pretty awesome.

giphy.gif

Anyone have any experience with their dog having seizures? The other night mine started having them out of thin air. She had one bad one that I didn't witness the entire episode but caught at the end. One mild and another really bad one. I then rushed her to the animal hospital. She had two more while there at the hospital. All blood work is fine and we are waiting on results of a spinal tap. We are back home and seizure free for 48 hours on meds. The meds have her really sedated and will require blood work every 3 to 4 months to make sure the levels of the meds don't get to unsafe levels. They put her on phenobarbital plus Keppra because she had a cluster within 24 hours. She is only on Keppra for 3 days. She was acting her normal self when these started. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with it.

Anyone have any experience with their dog having seizures? The other night mine started having them out of thin air. She had one bad one that I didn't witness the entire episode but caught at the end. One mild and another really bad one. I then rushed her to the animal hospital. She had two more while there at the hospital. All blood work is fine and we are waiting on results of a spinal tap. We are back home and seizure free for 48 hours on meds. The meds have her really sedated and will require blood work every 3 to 4 months to make sure the levels of the meds don't get to unsafe levels. They put her on phenobarbital plus Keppra because she had a cluster within 24 hours. She is only on Keppra for 3 days. She was acting her normal self when these started. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with it.

So sorry to hear that. I dont have any knowledge about the seizures.

Have you researched to see if it happens with your breed ?

We had a Golden Retriever that did. He would have them only every once in awhile. But he'd be out of it for about 30-45 minutes.

I took Bruno to Petsmart to get a bath and his nails trimmed. They tried to put him in a kennel. I didn't know he hates confined spaces. Lol Seems 4 of the grooming team tried to shove him in the kennel. Thank God he didn't hurt them. Just tossed them around. Lol They said he appeared to be playing with them. Here is his pic on the ride home. Did I mention they said I could just wait for him the next time? Lulz

Attachments

• 20210305_104021.jpg
    20210305_104021.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

VN Store

Back