Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Love all the dog pics.

SN:What do most do with their dog when they're at work? Let it roam around your house?
My wife doesn't work. When we're going to be gone for a good while though, we'll leave ours in the bathroom with her crate open. She will literally jump into the tub if she has to potty. Much easier to clean😂

Love all the dog pics.

SN:What do most do with their dog when they're at work? Let it roam around your house?
Prior to both of us are working from home, the house is his kingdom during the day. We just have to remember to lock pin and bar the sliding glass door or we find a greeter at end of the driveway when we pull up. There has not been a crate (wire, plastic clam shell reinforce with 3/4" plywood) that can hold our escape artist.

My wife doesn't work. When we're going to be gone for a good while though, we'll leave ours in the bathroom with her crate open. She will literally jump into the tub if she has to potty. Much easier to clean😂

😩🤣🤣 well there’s an idea!! Yeah, I’ve been contemplating getting one for some time but not sure about it being alone for 8-9 hours a day while I’m out. Maybe it’ll just remain a thought for now🤷🏾‍♀️

Reactions: joevol33
Prior to both of us are working from home, the house is his kingdom during the day. We just have to remember to lock pin and bar the sliding glass door or we find a greeter at end of the driveway when we pull up. There has not been a crate (wire, plastic clam shell reinforce with 3/4" plywood) that can hold our escape artist.

Haha! Sounds like a bright dog! I’d love one I just honestly have no idea about having a pet dog. I didn’t have pets growing up but am thinking about it for my son who’s asked for one. I think it would be nice but I don’t know because I’ve been told by friends that it’s like having another child!

Reactions: tntar heel
Love all the dog pics.

We have a loft area in our house and he is confined to that when we are gone. When we were gone all day before this working from home thing, he'd sometimes have accidents, but we couldn't really blame him since we were gone all day.

Haha! Sounds like a bright dog! I’d love one I just honestly have no idea about having a pet dog. I didn’t have pets growing up but am thinking about it for my son who’s asked for one. I think it would be nice but I don’t know because I’ve been told by friends that it’s like having another child!

Rocky is our only child. It's tough because we feel like we have to get home to him to let him out or really schedule things around thinking about him.

We have a loft area in our house and he is confined to that when we are gone. When we were gone all day before this working from home thing, he'd sometimes have accidents, but we couldn't really blame him since we were gone all day.

Oh okay cool...yeah that’s what I’m thinking maybe finding a room it could hang out in. I can’t come home during the day to let it out and I don’t want it urinating/ 💩 all over my house.

Rocky is our only child. It's tough because we feel like we have to get home to him to let him out or really schedule things around thinking about him.
I’ve heard so many tell me this. That once you get a dog be ready to run home to it or try and schedule things around it. I’ve had a coworker come in with pics from her goldendoodle that has tore her shoes and sofa up and her mutt pissses everywhere in her house that she said she has puppy training pads everywhere even though the dog is a senior.

My dog, Gauge stays inside the house all day while I'm at work. He rarely has an accident, but when he absolutely can no longer hold it, he jumps into the tub and does he business in there. I did not teach him that, he just started doing it a few years ago when we stayed in a hotel with a walk in shower for a few months. Makes cleaning up after him, extremely easy, but Gauge is the only dog I know that does that.

My dog, Gauge stays inside the house all day while I'm at work. He rarely has an accident, but when he absolutely can no longer hold it, he jumps into the tub and does he business in there. I did not teach him that, he just started doing it a few years ago when we stayed in a hotel with a walk in shower for a few months. Makes cleaning up after him, extremely easy, but Gauge is the only dog I know that does that.
We didn't teach cocoa, she started doing it own her own also. I guess they watch us go in that room, and figure they can too😂

Our new puppy Brutus got to come home this weekend! Our other dog Ranger is slowly warming up to him. I don’t think I’ve ever had a puppy so small so any training tips for will be taken happily. He’s doing good with going number 1 outside but not so much number 2. He likes his crate and prefers to takes his naps there during the day too so that’s not been a problem so far.

Attachments

• F7E77669-5C53-4F6B-8023-A2031E83171C.jpeg
    F7E77669-5C53-4F6B-8023-A2031E83171C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14
Cute puppy. Basset hound?? I recently had to potty train a pup and we had issues with him peeing inside. Only pooped inside one time. Were lucky that he doesn't like pooping anywhere he normally walks. He tries his best to get to the weeds to do his business.

I just made sure to walk him repeatedly, so he would make sure he understood potty was for outside. I always made a huge deal out of it when he successfully used the potty outside. When he peed inside, I never fussed at him, but I did tell him no and immediately took him outside.

Also, pay attention if he drinks a bunch of water at once, because he's gonna have to go a bunch shortly after.

Good luck.

Cute puppy. Basset hound?? I recently had to potty train a pup and we had issues with him peeing inside. Only pooped inside one time. Were lucky that he doesn't like pooping anywhere he normally walks. He tries his best to get to the weeds to do his business.

I just made sure to walk him repeatedly, so he would make sure he understood potty was for outside. I always made a huge deal out of it when he successfully used the potty outside. When he peed inside, I never fussed at him, but I did tell him no and immediately took him outside.

Also, pay attention if he drinks a bunch of water at once, because he's gonna have to go a bunch shortly after.

Good luck.
Yeah he’s a basset, always wanted one and since we recently moved decided to get one to keep our other dog company. They are supposed to be stubborn when it comes to training, but very food motivated. We take treats for every time he goes outside and try to take him at least every 2 hours.

VN Store

Back