Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Well it’s the end of the road for this old girl. Been up all night awaiting the appointment this morning. This is the crappy part of owning a pet. Like George Carlin said.. “Every pet is a tiny tragedy waiting to happen.” She’s been a good one.

Attachments

• AC96DEE2-225B-4162-8EBA-D473703CC87F.jpeg
    AC96DEE2-225B-4162-8EBA-D473703CC87F.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 28
Well it’s the end of the road for this old girl. Been up all night awaiting the appointment this morning. This is the crappy part of owning a pet. Like George Carlin said.. “Every pet is a tiny tragedy waiting to happen.” She’s been a good one.
She looks peaceful there. Sorry to read this though.

Sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is. We lost this girl a couple months ago. I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. But the end is always tough.

IMG_20190118_205059_365.jpg

Sorry, I had to put down my black lab and I dont know if i could do it again. One of the worst days of my life.

@OWB So sorry to hear that, I don't know you or your dog but my eyes are tearing typing this. Sometimes I think we humans have it all wrong though... I just want my wife and son to pat my head when I'm at the end of the line and let me take a peaceful nap.

A dog's only fault is a short life. When I had to take in my buddy Ranger it was just about the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Went over 2 years before I would agree to get another dog just because I know the inevitable hurt, but now that we have the new girl I wish I wouldn't have waited so long.
IMG_20170221_135616724.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I had to put down my black lab and I dont know if i could do it again. One of the worst days of my life.

If you are capable of that much love then there’s a dog that needs you. It sucks bad to lose them but losing them is waaaaaaayyyy better than having not had them.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

If you are capable of that much love then there’s a dog that needs you. It sucks bad to lose them but losing them is waaaaaaayyyy better than having not had them.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the kind words. I think the good lord new I wouldn't get another dog on my own so he put a stray on my door step.
So, I currently have an English coonhound at my house.
My problem with putting my lady Holly Bear to rest was that she knew what was happening to her. She looked at me with eyes that said "why" and it ripped my heart out. She was almost 17years old, had hip dysplasia, and her eyes stayed matted shut. I gave her benadryl daily, anti inflammatory pills daily and she still just hurt.

Thanks for the kind words. I think the good lord new I wouldn't get another dog on my own so he put a stray on my door step.
So, I currently have an English coonhound at my house.
My problem with putting my lady Holly Bear to rest was that she knew what was happening to her. She looked at me with eyes that said "why" and it ripped my heart out. She was almost 17years old, had hip dysplasia, and her eyes stayed matted shut. I gave her benadryl daily, anti inflammatory pills daily and she still just hurt.

When I lost my old guy Clyde I lost my ****.
Red says she’s never seen me lose it like that. I prefer to live with that hurt knowing his life was great and mine was better because he was in it.
That English Coon is in good hands

Reactions: goldenvol
When I lost my old guy Clyde I lost my ****.
Red says she’s never seen me lose it like that. I prefer to live with that hurt knowing his life was great and mine was better because he was in it.
That English Coon is in good hands
That's what's it's really all about. We spoil them and they love us unconditionally. Dogs truly are man's best friend.

Thanks for all the kind words. We took her to the park the day before and let her eat all the cheeseburgers she wanted. We watched as she sat by the river and watched the water (she loved water) and finished it off with a couple of ice creams.

The next morning she went peacefully in our laps. I miss her, but I’m glad she’s not in pain anymore. Again, appreciate the kind words.

VN Store

Back