Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

They're really not too big but we'll see.

He's small and loud right now which is strange since we were used to our old man who hadn't barked in a couple years
Get plenty of chew toys, and he'll still chew on everything if that Australian shepherd in him has it's way🤣

I noticed this thread and it instantly reminded of my ol hound dog Penny(part of the inspiration for my screen name) who crossed the rainbow bridge back in November. I'm sad when I get reminders on Facebook or my phone ,but it wasn't to get anyone to feel sorry for me. This thread made me happy to see others with their pups. When I get married next year, we've talked about getting two dogs. My fiancee wants a Golden Retriever. I'm between getting a Corgi , Collie(had one as a kid) or a Beagle. Leaning towards Corgi,but I don't know yet. Have a lot of time to make that decision.

Attachments

• IMG_20221006_144800.jpg
    IMG_20221006_144800.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 9
I noticed this thread and it instantly reminded of my ol hound dog Penny(part of the inspiration for my screen name) who crossed the rainbow bridge back in November. I'm sad when I get reminders on Facebook or my phone ,but it wasn't to get anyone to feel sorry for me. This thread made me happy to see others with their pups. When I get married next year, we've talked about getting two dogs. My fiancee wants a Golden Retriever. I'm between getting a Corgi , Collie(had one as a kid) or a Beagle. Leaning towards Corgi,but I don't know yet. Have a lot of time to make that decision.
I’d LOVE to have a Corgi, but I’ve got young grandchildren, and they are definitely nippers (herding dogs.) Maybe one day, I hope.

I’d LOVE to have a Corgi, but I’ve got young grandchildren, and they are definitely nippers (herding dogs.) Maybe one day, I hope.

Definitely something I've been thinking about as well is how they are with young kids. My fiancees son is 7 years old and full of energy so I'll have to consider that before choosing as well. I've always loved the breed. Fun to think about.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Awwh Penny, I know that you miss her, I had a Redbone Walkerhound mix named Ellie for 13 years and she was a dear and fierce companion and I miss her as I know you miss Penny...
20220607_004507.jpg

Definitely something I've been thinking about as well is how they are with young kids. My fiancees son is 7 years old and full of energy so I'll have to consider that before choosing as well. I've always loved the breed. Fun to think about.
Hard to beat a rescue for a family dog.

Awwh Penny, I know that you miss her, I had a Redbone Walkerhound mix named Ellie for 13 years and she was a dear and fierce companion and I miss her as I know you miss Penny...
View attachment 546046

Aww, she was really cute. Sorry to hear that. I do really miss Penny. She was a sweet and loyal dog. I took her in when she was 9 from a friend that could no longer care for her. She never wanted for anything for the 7 years I was glad to say she was mine. She went on vacations and many trips to the park where she absolutely loved to get in the lake. Very spoiled when it came to eating and I made sure of it haha. Everyone from family, friends to my fiancee still like to talk about her. This is no exaggerating when I say that she was likely the best pet I ever had. When people say they're a part of the family,they're not lying.

Daughter is working at an antique shop today, and has a $1 high five jar for Zoey. She's making money doing this 🤣

Great idea! I'd say that shes making your daughter plenty of dough. Cute pup as well. Penny was highly trained. Should have done this myself 😂 Maybe with my next doggo to help my fiancees son with allowance 🤔🧐

Aww, she was really cute. Sorry to hear that. I do really miss Penny. She was a sweet and loyal dog. I took her in when she was 9 from a friend that could no longer care for her. She never wanted for anything for the 7 years I was glad to say she was mine. She went on vacations and many trips to the park where she absolutely loved to get in the lake. Very spoiled when it came to eating and I made sure of it haha. Everyone from family, friends to my fiancee still like to talk about her. This is no exaggerating when I say that she was likely the best pet I ever had. When people say they're a part of the family,they're not lying.
You are so right, and I belive that they know more than we think they do sometimes.

Well I wrote a poem for Ellie and I have posted it on here before and it was straight from the heart <3

A Tribute to Ellie
Ellie your gone, but not forgotten
I loved you dearly, you were 14 nearly
You were my faithful companion, loyal and true
For thirteen years Ellie it was me and you

You guarded my property, my car and me
never afraid Ellie, you were brave you see
Now the porch is quiet, no pitter patter of paws
And no barks in the night sending a warning just because

Raisin came by today and spent time on the porch
missing you I am sure and the hunting and that sort
Well we will all miss you Ellie, your sweetness and calm
Your devotion and steadfastness all your days long.

Now rest sweet my angel, my true blue friend
My best bud, my companion Ellie, true to the end.

Ellie'sbest.jpg

Well I wrote a poem for Ellie and I have posted it on here before and it was straight from the heart <3

A Tribute to Ellie
Ellie your gone, but not forgotten
I loved you dearly, you were 14 nearly
You were my faithful companion, loyal and true
For thirteen years Ellie it was me and you

You guarded my property, my car and me
never afraid Ellie, you were brave you see
Now the porch is quiet, no pitter patter of paws
And no barks in the night sending a warning just because

Raisin came by today and spent time on the porch
missing you I am sure and the hunting and that sort
Well we will all miss you Ellie, your sweetness and calm
Your devotion and steadfastness all your days long.

Now rest sweet my angel, my true blue friend
My best bud, my companion Ellie, true to the end.

View attachment 546739

That is really good! Sounds like she was definitely loved and a great dog.Well done 👍 I've kept a journal for many years and it's been used for many ups and downs. I've written a bit in it about her and it was very therapeutic. Gets/Got me through a lot to this day.

That is really good! Sounds like she was definitely loved and a great dog.Well done 👍 I've kept a journal for many years and it's been used for many ups and downs. I've written a bit in it about her and it was very therapeutic. Gets/Got me through a lot to this day.
Yes writing about things is really a Great outlet, I also wrote a poem about my horse that I had for 34 years....
Princess Poem.jpg
Princess Jumping.jpgPrincess with newspapers.jpg

My wife’s old cat (17 next month) has a thing for smoked pork. The only time she’s jumped up onto the kitchen center island (no cat zone) was to get at a smoked pork shoulder. This morning, I warmed up some previously cooked bacon. She was all over the two of us, repeatedly climbing onto the table and into our laps. Putting her down, shooing her away, and admonishing her was no deterrence. Only when the bacon had been consumed did she relent.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back