Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

This will sound odd, I would think if I read it, because I'd never heard of such. Our new pup Koda pees a lot, and I started noticing dead grass spots all through the yard. At first I just thought it was "fall is coming", but after we moved his bathroom spot to the side, it started happening there. We done a little googling, and my wife talked to our vet. Apparently, it means he has too much nitrogen in his body, and is actually common. We were told to mix a little apple cider vinegar in his water, and it should straighten out. Anybody else heard of that? First time for me. I was kinda hoping our dog had superpowers or something 🤣
Yeah for Super Koda!!! Sucks for grass. We have had the same problem with Hiro. This is what I have found regarding ACV. I was told to change his food to his lower protein intake which elevates the nitrogen levels in his urine. Just started and I've changed his pee spots to areas around where we have mulch. Also, if you have fertilized lawn as we just did, it will exacerbate the issue. Hope this helps.

Tomato juice
Another popular solution is adding tomato juice to your dog’s food. It’s believed that this balances nitrogen levels, reduces salt and alters the pH level of pee.
Still, there’s no solid evidence that tomato juice can alter nitrogen levels in urine and more importantly, pH level isn’t what causes the burns.
Even though it might be true, there isn’t any scientific evidence to back it up which is why it’s up to you to decide whether you want to take the risk and try. Washing the problematic spot with water is still a more reliable solution.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known to fix many problems around the house regarding different stains. Still, just like tomato juice, it’s a myth. It’s believed that adding ACV to your dog’s water makes its pee less acidic.
Again, not only there isn’t any evidence that we could rely on in this case, but we can’t assure you it’s safe. There are better ways that are known to help the problem rather than possible cause trouble.
If you feel like you want to try adding apple cider vinegar to your dog’s water, consult your vet first to check if it’s at all safe.

Yeah for Super Koda!!! Sucks for grass. We have had the same problem with Hiro. This is what I have found regarding ACV. I was told to change his food to his lower protein intake which elevates the nitrogen levels in his urine. Just started and I've changed his pee spots to areas around where we have mulch. Also, if you have fertilized lawn as we just did, it will exacerbate the issue. Hope this helps.

Tomato juice
Another popular solution is adding tomato juice to your dog’s food. It’s believed that this balances nitrogen levels, reduces salt and alters the pH level of pee.
Still, there’s no solid evidence that tomato juice can alter nitrogen levels in urine and more importantly, pH level isn’t what causes the burns.
Even though it might be true, there isn’t any scientific evidence to back it up which is why it’s up to you to decide whether you want to take the risk and try. Washing the problematic spot with water is still a more reliable solution.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is known to fix many problems around the house regarding different stains. Still, just like tomato juice, it’s a myth. It’s believed that adding ACV to your dog’s water makes its pee less acidic.
Again, not only there isn’t any evidence that we could rely on in this case, but we can’t assure you it’s safe. There are better ways that are known to help the problem rather than possible cause trouble.
If you feel like you want to try adding apple cider vinegar to your dog’s water, consult your vet first to check if it’s at all safe.
He definitely didn't like the acv, he pouted🤣

She’s lovely, she truly is. Even though she’s probably wearing you down to powder.

Luckily, she’s calmed down a lot since we got her at 8 weeks, but she still has her days. Just take her on a nice long walk in the mornings, followed by 30 minutes or so of fetch after supper and she’s ready to pass out around 10….then up at 6 to repeat the process.

I've shared more apples and carrots with him. Dog loves honeycrisp and snap dragon apples. Too soon to tell if it working. Also, look up dog rocks. Mine would try to eat them out of bowl though.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Ok… my wife took our little dog to the vet because she’s been scratching her ears and one looked a little red inside. They put some kind of drops in her ears that coats the inside and stays in them for two weeks… so she was told. I got home and the poor little girl can’t hear anything at all …. The vet didn’t tell her this was a side effect.

I saw Romeo munching ferociously on something a few minutes ago.
Thinking that it was one of my key chain samples, I cornered him and, after a battle, pulled this out of his mouth.
DISGUSTING 🤢 🤮
Washed my hands three times.
View attachment 400515
Nasty!

My Boxer-Pit is a ninja at catching carpenter bees.

Ok… my wife took our little dog to the vet because she’s been scratching her ears and one looked a little red inside. They put some kind of drops in her ears that coats the inside and stays in them for two weeks… so she was told. I got home and the poor little girl can’t hear anything at all …. The vet didn’t tell her this was a side effect.
Dang. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it goes away!

Reactions: Carl Pickens
FB_IMG_1608788282497.jpgThis is Charlotte on the left and Ace on the right. They are both special needs and will be living their lives out with us. Charlotte is geriatric but a great motherly figure to Ace on the right. He's blind in one eye and very dependant on her for comfort. We couldn't break these two up so they are staying with us.

VN Store

Back