Doesn't matter now, but that was a forward lateral on 3rd and 19

Overall, officiating has become toxic to watch... every season it seems to get worse. Or, maybe I am more engaged because I see signs of life from our football program. Anyway, it's good to think again, "Yeah, I'm a Tennessee Vol!"

I just watched it, really hard to say from that angle. Nothing definitive. Looked close so I'm good with it. I mean we tried the ole move the ball forward trick so even if that was forward lateral it's all good. We owed them bc we purposefully attempted to cheat.

It's not cheating if you get caught. The forward lateral to college football has gone the way of walking calls in pro basketball, they don't happen any longer. Everything is considered a forward pass now it seems.

Reactions: savannahfan
Honestly, the spot was initially bad in our favor. He didn’t get the first down, was short by probably half a yard and they gave it to him. Reviewed it and got it right, although they brought the ball back a full yard.

KB, agree totally. Being there and seeing the spot and then watching the replay it wasn’t a first down, and everyone around us thought the same. They did move it back further than it should have been but again at least they got the replay right. In the world of continued crappy reffing this is just another normal game, just hope they spread the s**t evenly on both sides of the sandwich.

Reactions: savannahfan
Haven't seen an angle that showed the pitch location and receiving location close to the same, but regardless, what is this about us purposefully trying to cheat?
Dude the 4th and 1 moving the ball 2 feet up. Well designed, we just got caught. I was all for it. Surely, you aren't blinded by orange to not admit we just got caught.

Honestly, the spot was initially bad in our favor. He didn’t get the first down, was short by probably half a yard and they gave it to him. Reviewed it and got it right, although they brought the ball back a full yard.
That’s what I was saying. I didn’t say the call was bad for us. It was just a bad spot all together

Yes there was. But which way was he going and looking? Don't think he was doing either with a pass to him in mind. Guess it doesn't matter as I have seen this type non call before.
The RB was blocking but I don’t think it matters.

I didn’t think the refs were that bad? I can’t really think of anything egregious. PI call on Warrior was close, but even if they hadn’t called that they had us for offsides. The lateral was really close. They might have missed that one, but it was really close. Any other calls I’m forgetting?

Just watching WVLT highlights and their QB releases the ball just before our 42 and their RB catches it just outside our 41. I called it in the stands last night but since they showed no replay had no way to test my theory.
I thought the same thing the ball went foward .

Dude the 4th and 1 moving the ball 2 feet up. Well designed, we just got caught. I was all for it. Surely, you aren't blinded by orange to not admit we just got caught.

"Dude!" I was in the stadium actually cheering on the team and could not see what happened and no replay was shown. So i had no clue what had happened.

By your logic, every time an offensive or defensive player technically holds, the team is trying to cheat. Poor logic and wording in my opinion. Trying to get smart because I asked what you were talking about is kind of amateurish.

"Dude!" I was in the stadium actually cheering on the team and could not see what happened and no replay was shown. So i had no clue what had happened.

By your logic, every time an offensive or defensive player technically holds, the team is trying to cheat. Poor logic and wording in my opinion. Trying to get smart because I asked what you were talking about is kind of amateurish.
Silly, we designed a play to move the ball forward. So dude, remove orange shades and lets not use nonsensical examples to win an argument that you care about. Dude, google it, look it on twitter. Regardless, done with this. I don't care.

Just watching WVLT highlights and their QB releases the ball just before our 42 and their RB catches it just outside our 41. I called it in the stands last night but since they showed no replay had no way to test my theory.

I thought the same thing at the game. I think they showed one very quick replay if any so it was hard to tell. Would've sucked if it was forward and we ended up losing the game off of that.

Silly, we designed a play to move the ball forward. So dude, remove orange shades and lets not use nonsensical examples to win an argument that you care about. Dude, google it, look it on twitter. Regardless, done with this. I don't care.

Reading comprehension = 0
Maturity = 0

I asked a simple question b/c I didn't know what happened. If they tried to relocate the ball then it was a good call. I never argued that, just asked what happened and didn't like your stupid response. Glad you are done.

Reading comprehension = 0
Maturity = 0

I asked a simple question b/c I didn't know what happened. If they tried to relocate the ball then it was a good call. I never argued that, just asked what happened and didn't like your stupid response. Glad you are done.

Reading through this exchange as a neutral party, you both share about an equal share of responsibility in escalating what needn't have been an argument at all into one.

PAC 12 and Big Ten conferences are buddies. They stick together on practically everything.

I didn’t think the refs were that bad? I can’t really think of anything egregious. PI call on Warrior was close, but even if they hadn’t called that they had us for offsides. The lateral was really close. They might have missed that one, but it was really close. Any other calls I’m forgetting?
They certainly made some errors, some of which were fixed by replay but it wasn’t nearly as bad as the officiating in the Bama or SC games.

It definitely thought it was. I thought we were gonna get screwed by that. But after looking at it more, think it was a clean pitch.

Reading through this exchange as a neutral party, you both share about an equal share of responsibility in escalating what needn't have been an argument at all into one.

I didn't think I escalated initially but my apologies if I did. Admittedly after driving > 30 hours in 4 days to attend UT fb & bb games, I wasn't in the mood to be scolded for asking a question.
As for the second post, yeah I was ticked.

VN Store

Back