Doesn't matter now, but that was a forward lateral on 3rd and 19

Just watching WVLT highlights and their QB releases the ball just before our 42 and their RB catches it just outside our 41. I called it in the stands last night but since they showed no replay had no way to test my theory.
I'm glad you brought this up because UT got lucky on that play because it put them in FG range, and of course the kicker misses. You will never know, but if he doesn't pitch it IU might pick up the first down on 4th down.

That crew ranks up top with the worst in the business. Several things should have been reviewed. That made calls that had nothing to do with the play and then not call something right in the middle of the play.

The worst was the spot they gave Jennings on his only Wildcat attempt. They was waaaaayyy off.

Receiver was "in the area" of where the ball landed. Like 5-7 yards away but close enough I guess

Maybe I saw it wrong, but the closest eligible receiver I saw looked to be 10 yds away or more. That's grounding 9 times out of 10 in every other game I have watched.

Just watching WVLT highlights and their QB releases the ball just before our 42 and their RB catches it just outside our 41. I called it in the stands last night but since they showed no replay had no way to test my theory.

I saw the same thing. I told my wife that was an illegal forward pass, but they never even reviewed it. Poor officiating.

Saw it live on tv and immediately thought it was a forward pass. And they didn’t even review it. They also missed where their WR literally used the ground to catch the ball. Pretty horrible officiating.

Screamed at the TV.....but with so many rule changes, maybe it doesn't matter
Anymore

From my seats, it looked like a forward lateral also. But the officiating was so bad as others on here have said, that there was nothing CJP could do, but challenge the play. (not sure he could have). It looked like a high school officiating crew to me.

I just watched it, really hard to say from that angle. Nothing definitive. Looked close so I'm good with it. I mean we tried the ole move the ball forward trick so even if that was forward lateral it's all good. We owed them bc we purposefully attempted to cheat.

That crew ranks up top with the worst in the business. Several things should have been reviewed. That made calls that had nothing to do with the play and then not call something right in the middle of the play.

The worst was the spot they gave Jennings on his only Wildcat attempt. They was waaaaayyy off.
Honestly, the spot was initially bad in our favor. He didn’t get the first down, was short by probably half a yard and they gave it to him. Reviewed it and got it right, although they brought the ball back a full yard.

The announcers were Peeing all over themselves about the pitch like it was the first time anyone had ever pitched the ball while running.

It was as if their QB was some kind of Superman for doing it. And yes it was forward
Thought it was a really good, savvy, heads up play by Ramsey on the pitch.

Ramsey was the best player on the field most of if not all of the night. If he’d been quarterbacking Tennessee, we’d have won by 30 points.

Last edited:
Thought it was a really good, savvy, heads up play by Ramsey on the pitch.

Ramsey was the best player on the field most of not all of the night. If he’s been quarterbacking Tennessee, we’d have won by 30 points.
If he had a line that could block he would have destroyed us. Their TE was playing well until his shoulder was hurt. That could have easily been a completely different game if he stayed in.

Reactions: TC 83
I just watched it, really hard to say from that angle. Nothing definitive. Looked close so I'm good with it. I mean we tried the ole move the ball forward trick so even if that was forward lateral it's all good. We owed them bc we purposefully attempted to cheat.
Haven't seen an angle that showed the pitch location and receiving location close to the same, but regardless, what is this about us purposefully trying to cheat?

I would say the worst was the pass interference call on Warrior at the beginning of the game.

VN Store

Back