Does this mean that Pruitt intends to hand over the keys to the offense?

So as the CEO CJP has the ultimate sayso in what and how the offense is run and I think that might be some of the consternation on the sidelines with Helton. There is a big difference between micromanaging by telling the OC to call a 37 dive on 3 and 8 and telling CJC I want to run the ball as much as feasible to burn some time, keep it out of Tuas hands, rest the Defense, etc...
90% of that will have been decided in the gameplan/scheme for that game or halftime adjustments but CJP's azz is the one on line but I think he will have his hands full with the Defense and the reason they ponied up the $ to get Chaney so he can hand him the reins and make occasional changes or observation but not tell him how to call the game. If he does Chaney has set the market for himself and might be able to go elsewhere if he is being micromanaged.

You would think a head coach would select an oc in line with his play book. If he did Chaney will be driving the bus.B588FF48-CE10-4490-B296-1B962412608E.gif

He told people he would handle it and said that he wasn’t going to promote anyone. People went crazy because he didn’t give up to the minute play by play........as usual.

Yes. Pruitt finally got a great OC that is worthy of being trusted. Helton was not that guy, so Pruitt had to step in a lot.

So we hire an elite OC to meddle and dictate what he's allowed to do?

Lol.

It has been widely speculated that Pruitt meddled with the offense and told Helton what to do. Some even claimed Pruitt called plays against Vandy. And many thought Pruitt was going to give the oc spot to Friend so he could have a yes man who would do what he wanted.

But then Pruitt surprised us all and went out and got an elite oc with tons of experience. Does this mean Pruitt intends to give Chaney complete control of the offense? What do you think?

Pruitt will delegate. Like all HCs he will dictate when to attack or pull back, but you can expect decisions will be discussed. Why does everyone assume he is a micromanager. This is not Butch. Fulmer deligated well and I’ll bet he is advising Pruitt to do the same. If he wanted to call plays Friend would be th OC. We didn’t pay 1.5M for Pruitt to run the O.

CJP told me he wanted an experienced OC so he can spend very little time in the offensive rooms, and more time doing what he likes and does best: spending quality time chatting with Bob Kessling.

Seriously, the head coach is gonna wanna provide input on offensive philosophy, but he will give this OC a lot of latitude on managing the offense.

It has been widely speculated that Pruitt meddled with the offense and told Helton what to do. Some even claimed Pruitt called plays against Vandy. And many thought Pruitt was going to give the oc spot to Friend so he could have a yes man who would do what he wanted.

But then Pruitt surprised us all and went out and got an elite oc with tons of experience. Does this mean Pruitt intends to give Chaney complete control of the offense? What do you think?

You're correct, me and my friends around the bonfire and smoke rings while drunk and high on smurfrooms wildly speculate about Pruitt being a closet offensive coordinator, that he's actually transcoordinated. I can tell by the way he "combs" his hair. If you watch in super slow motion during the game you can see his facial twitches which are cues to the referees who then relay the information to the student section who highjack the radio signals and utilize song blips to intercede Pruitt's offensive play call. Helton was completely unaware, the guise of bringing him down to the sidelines was just to be able to see his face when the play he called wasn't ran. CJP laughs so hysterically every time as well, you can see this by checking his forehead wrinkles and the use of aight during post game press conferences. Cheney has no idea what's in store for him, we've already uncovered a plot to undermine him by reducing the calorie count on all his desserts and chips, thereby making him hangry during the game to distract him from seeing the utilization of a new ruse. This was the reason for the extended search quote/unquote. The stadium renovation was actually adjusted to place strategic mirrors that Pruitt can use to relay signals from the sidelines to the flag operator at the end zones who will use old naval signalman codes to thwart his new chess master. I'm telling you, CJP is an amazing coach. The ability to disguise himself as an defensive coordinator and have every one fooled. I mean he goes out of his way during practice to almost never be around the offense, even so far as to spend extra time with the secondary, his supposed best position (reality it's actually QB coach, it's why he's so good at Madden). I love the guy. Next week, me and him are going to Roswell shrimping and getting ready for crawfish. I know, you guys believe they come from Louisiana. Roswell is the story that covered up the move of the shrimp and crawfish tree industry.

What do I think? In light of the Chaney OC hire? That all the “widespread speculation” about Pruitt meddling in the offense was garbage to begin with.

If you don’t think Pruitt meddled with the offense, I got some fine sea side land to sell you in Kansas.

Pruitt will delegate. Like all HCs he will dictate when to attack or pull back, but you can expect decisions will be discussed. Why does everyone assume he is a micromanager. This is not Butch. Fulmer deligated well and I’ll bet he is advising Pruitt to do the same. If he wanted to call plays Friend would be th OC. We didn’t pay 1.5M for Pruitt to run the O.

Well he seemed to micro a lot last year, that's why. No one is blindly assuming.

Really think Helton learned from Brohm Run-Run-Pass?? gtfoh

And the "1.5m" argument means nothing. We paid 1.2m last year for a 1st time playcaller lol. We are just throwing money around like drunken sailors. Or...like sailors.

You're correct, me and my friends around the bonfire and smoke rings while drunk and high on smurfrooms wildly speculate about Pruitt being a closet offensive coordinator, that he's actually transcoordinated. I can tell by the way he "combs" his hair. If you watch in super slow motion during the game you can see his facial twitches which are cues to the referees who then relay the information to the student section who highjack the radio signals and utilize song blips to intercede Pruitt's offensive play call. Helton was completely unaware, the guise of bringing him down to the sidelines was just to be able to see his face when the play he called wasn't ran. CJP laughs so hysterically every time as well, you can see this by checking his forehead wrinkles and the use of aight during post game press conferences. Cheney has no idea what's in store for him, we've already uncovered a plot to undermine him by reducing the calorie count on all his desserts and chips, thereby making him hangry during the game to distract him from seeing the utilization of a new ruse. This was the reason for the extended search quote/unquote. The stadium renovation was actually adjusted to place strategic mirrors that Pruitt can use to relay signals from the sidelines to the flag operator at the end zones who will use old naval signalman codes to thwart his new chess master. I'm telling you, CJP is an amazing coach. The ability to disguise himself as an defensive coordinator and have every one fooled. I mean he goes out of his way during practice to almost never be around the offense, even so far as to spend extra time with the secondary, his supposed best position (reality it's actually QB coach, it's why he's so good at Madden). I love the guy. Next week, me and him are going to Roswell shrimping and getting ready for crawfish. I know, you guys believe they come from Louisiana. Roswell is the story that covered up the move of the shrimp and crawfish tree industry.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'm not the only one who didn't read that whole thing, but glad you got that out.

Will not go well if he doesn't. I don't think Chaney is fond of any interference into what he is trying to do. I think that is part of why he is leaving Georgia.

I'm in the camp of, "If CJP wanted a coin-operated OC to do his bidding, why didn't he promote from within?".

(I mean, in case anybody was wondering!)

Last edited:
Reactions: bag12day
From what I have heard from friends in Georgia they feel they owe us some money for taking Chaney out of their hands. Seems most were glad to get rid of him.

You should k ow better than to disparage the great one in any way in your post...lest the apologists come out with teeth bared.

To answer your question, yes. I would surmise CJP learned quite a bit in his rookie season and being a smart guy will apply that learning going forward. This is one example of making steps to being a good HC. Hopefully he will continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: coach799
With $4 million a year on the line, I think I'd have a play sheet in my pocket too just in case.
Absolutely. If I'm in charge, I better know exactly what is going on and have the ability to change anything I see fit. It's why he's the boss.

As fans all we can do is guess. However, it makes sense that Pruitt might have been hesitant to trust a rookie like Helton. Also, everyone thought Shoop was a home run hire and then he ended up being a huge bust. So it is worth thinking about.

Eh I'd say Shoop's being bad here had more to do with Butch than anything. Every where else Shoop has been he's had top defenses. He comes here, his defense sucks, the only thing not common with the other jobs, Butch Jones.

If Pruitt wanted to control the offense, why would he need to spend 1.5 million to do that. And furthermore, why would Chaney want to be a part of that kind of situation. I think Chaney having worked on a staff that included Pruitt before, they will be able to collaborate and find common ground on most things.

VN Store

Back