Does this mean that Pruitt intends to hand over the keys to the offense?

It has been widely speculated that Pruitt meddled with the offense and told Helton what to do. Some even claimed Pruitt called plays against Vandy. And many thought Pruitt was going to give the oc spot to Friend so he could have a yes man who would do what he wanted.

But then Pruitt surprised us all and went out and got an elite oc with tons of experience. Does this mean Pruitt intends to give Chaney complete control of the offense? What do you think?

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
It has been widely speculated that Pruitt meddled with the offense and told Helton what to do. Some even claimed Pruitt called plays against Vandy. And many thought Pruitt was going to give the oc spot to Friend so he could have a yes man who would do what he wanted.

But then Pruitt surprised us all and went out and got an elite oc with tons of experience. Does this mean Pruitt intends to give Chaney complete control of the offense? What do you think?
I think that's all a bunch of BS and wild speculation. No one with any creditability has ever really made that assertion.

This whole thread is based on a rumor that had zero facts or credibility to support it.
As fans all we can do is guess. However, it makes sense that Pruitt might have been hesitant to trust a rookie like Helton. Also, everyone thought Shoop was a home run hire and then he ended up being a huge bust. So it is worth thinking about.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I did see him get into with Tyson Helton a couple times this year i doubt he was overriding his play calls. Chaney has experience against every DC we play next year. Knows their tendencies, Helton didn't. That in itself is big. Frees Pruitt up to run defense, offense is in good hands.

Sure, Pruitt will demand passes that nobody can catch but us by high pointing the ball. There was a 14 point er some sort of point swing in the NC game on interceptions. Let's take a look.
44 to16
Pick 6. Subtract 7= 37 to 16.
End zone pick. Add 7= 37 to 23.

14 point game

I think we should wait and see.

Reactions: Rodeo vol
With sherrer running the d and Chaney running the O, hopefully Pruitt will be able to be a little more of a head coach/overseer this year. I’m sure he will meddle with the D some, but it’s vital for a head coach to be just that.

Macro or micro?

Macro - never. Theres's a reason Chaney went from pure spread under Tiller to pound and ground with Arkansas and UGA. OC usually has to bow to the HC's vision. The question is what is Pruitt's vision? Hopefully it's more innovative than what we saw last year.

Micro - god let's hope so. imo it depends on how much Chaney stands uo to Pruitt. Helton was young and not that experienced. Rumor was he didn't stand up for his own opinion and I think Chaney would do so.

Reactions: volnut1

VN Store

Back