Does Robison offer mean something

Top Gun

According to TOS Memphis DE Robison has been offered. He is a Texas Tech commit and not a very sought after prospect. I think this signals that we don't feel confident about pulling in one of the bigger names left on our board. Maybe Kirven but no one else. Thank goodness there is only a week left until NSD and then we can all get back to our lives until Sept.

Nope, just means it is never a bad thing to have a backup plan. Especially when Sunseri likes how this "backup plan" fits into his system.

He is a backup plan to Santos. Not in position but in taking his spot. IMO
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah. I think coach Sal likes his athleticism and size. That's probably what it means.

He has only been in football 2 years....He is a better athlete and stronger than any of our DE`s...May take a year or two to get him rolling! He is Sunseri`s man.

Last edited:
He has only been in football 2 years....He is a better athlete and stronger than any of our DE`s...May take a year or two to get him rolling!

Sounds like Azubike.... Still dont know why we didnt pursue him. The kid is a physical FREAK.

(no homo)

He sure is... Very guick and fast ...Some one is going to have a beast on their team in a couple of years!

I want this guy, Kirven, and Q Davis or Patterson. If he is willing to jump on board now I like that orange shirt meaning that much.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He sure is... Very guick and fast ...Some one is going to have a beast on their team in a couple of years!

Vanderbilt.

Their class is nothing special, but Azubike is a physical specimen, he's quick and ripped, and a rivals 4* from the state of TENNESSEE. I'd put him ahead of Robison and idk.. maybe ahead of Trent Taylor as well.

Vanderbilt.

Their class is nothing special, but Azubike is a physical specimen, he's quick and ripped, and a rivals 4* from the state of TENNESSEE. I'd put him ahead of Robison and idk.. maybe ahead of Trent Taylor as well.

I was not talking about Azubike....i`m talking about Robison, Have you seen him play? He`s a sacking machine!

Last edited:
I was not talking about Azubike....i`m talking about Robinson, Have you seen him play? He`s a sacking machine!

If we're going to make a push for a DE all of a sudden, why not make a push for Azubike?

Maybe the staff sees Robison as being better, but i personally think Azubike would be our best DE commit in the class. Thats just my personal opinion.

If we're going to make a push for a DE all of a sudden, why not make a push for Azubike?

Maybe the staff sees Robison as being better, but i personally think Azubike would be our best DE commit in the class. Thats just my personal opinion.

We are making a push for a 3-4 outside linebacker not a defensive end, and Robison fits that role much better than Azubike

We are making a push for a 3-4 outside linebacker not a defensive end, and Robison fits that role much better than Azubike

Well that would make more sense then..

I just feel like if theres one position that we need a bigtime recruit in, its Defensive End. I know Jadeveon Clowney's dont come around all that often, but a FAST, big, physical DE is something that will be very much needed.

He has only been in football 2 years....He is a better athlete and stronger than any of our DE`s...May take a year or two to get him rolling! He is Sunseri`s man.

Sounds like C. Ritzman. Only been in football 2 years.
Pretty good comparison.

Here is another guy who has us in his final 3, and says all teams are pretty even and you don't hear much chat about him...why?

Scout.com: Beniquez Brown Profile

We are pretty much done with Beniquez, I believe. In his recruiting thread, it was mentioned that he really doesn't fit in Sal's system, and we aren't signing him as a RB (which is what he wants to play). He is probably going to Miss St.

We are pretty much done with Beniquez, I believe. In his recruiting thread, it was mentioned that he really doesn't fit in Sal's system, and we aren't signing him as a RB (which is what he wants to play). He is probably going to Miss St.

Why does Scour have him listed as 4-star DE? You would think they would list him as his "preferred" position or athlete like Rivals?

Vanderbilt.

Azubike is overrated. I live in Nashville and have seen McGavok play. UT didn't even offer. There is a reason.

OP - yes there is good reason. Santos is more than waffling and it is a position of need for the 3/4 even if he comes. Chase is well suited for the position and has great upside.

VN Store

Back