Does Kentucky fire Cal?

It would be HILARIOUS if he called Memphis and wanted to run it back and bring that class with him, and they fired Penny. After what Penny did to Tubby, it would be poetic.

Reactions: Tnphil
Is Self leaving? I guess with his health it makes sense. You think they’d want him?
He’d be down the list and a fall back option if they missed on their first 4-5 guys. He’d probably take it though. He desperately wanted the job 20 years ago when they first hired Self. His wife is from Kansas and KU was his first job in college coaching.

He’d be down the list and a fall back option if they missed on their first 4-5 guys. He’d probably take it though. He desperately wanted the job 20 years ago when they first hired Self. His wife is from Kansas and KU was his first job in college coaching.

If Self retires, I think Kansas calls Mussellman or Oats and gives them a big contract offer first before potentially calling Calipari.

If Self retires, I think Kansas calls Mussellman or Oats and gives them a big contract offer first before potentially calling Calipari.
Those would certainly be two of the ones on the list. Also think they’d reach out to Mark Few and Billy Donovan.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Cal does have a clause in his contract that allows him to opt out after next season and become a special advisor to the athletic director. He’d still be paid just shy of a million a year though the 2028-2029 season if he chose to go that direction. Although he’d be walking away from close to $35 million, so that may not be a viable option.

If I made the kind of money these coaches make, I'd find it really hard not to retire after a couple of years and spend the rest of my days in comfort and leisure. I suppose that's partly why I'll never make the kind of money they make.

SO Glad UK Lost. OSCAR played dirty as hell in that game. Elbowed the KState player in the back of the head. Kstate player got called for the foul!!

Reactions: Zues1
Pretty stupid at Rump Rafters. They are going to buy out Cal @42mil and hire Nate Oats. Desperate thinking if they think they can hire Oats. Should not have spent all that money on Stoops.

That you even mention Oats is asinine. Coddling Murderers @ bama. .com

Should Crapilari either leave of his own volition or be forced out, who would KY target?

The ONLY way Calipari is gone is if there is some kind of scandal and KY has to vacate a Final Four season. And then maybe. Ask UMASS and Memphis.

I think UK fans are now realizing the rest of the SEC is playing Basketball as well. They used to roll through a bad SEC. They can't do that anymore.

VN Store

Back