Does anyone still want to try and convince me that Chism can shoot 3's?

Blood Runs Orange

The wait and see approach
BP needs to put a permanent red-light on Chism from the 3-point line. Tonight, when we were starting to prove that we were team who benefits from driving to the hoop and not settling for 3s. Whats more, it was a crucial point in the game when USCe was starting to make a comeback. Then.....Chism airballs a 3 from the corner....:banghead2::banghead2::furious3:

So put the red light on. Chism benefits us greatly when he's playing down low. When he's taking 3s you can find him in the dictionary under "momentum killer."

He is now shooting 23.9% for the year. That's terrible. And I don't want to hear any of this "he's good at shooting the trailing 3 in transition" crap. He is awful behind the arc. Anyone who disagrees better do so now because your case gets weaker with every 3 Chism shoots....

Last edited:
He's usually good for 1 or 2 a game. However, that's because of the fact that he shoots 4 or 5 each game.

I think he dropped off in 3 point percentage when he took away the 3 point practice and added the free throw practice.
Also, more and more I'm thinking that the moving of the 3 point line killed him. He was a shooter from a toe right behind the line. Now there's an extra foot that is killing him...

His airballed trey attempt late in the second half was just another example of his poor decision-making from behind the arc. I'm not sure that he's ever made one from the wing, and it puts him severely out of position to rebound and get back on defense.

Terrible night for Wayne, but it seems like every time he and Teddy V lock horns, it's the same song, different verse.

BP needs to tell Wheezy he has 2 misses from 3 a game, period. As long as he's hitting them, then shoot. However, after his 2nd miss, the stop sign comes out.

This year, it's really not THAT he is shooting them (and missing most of them). It is more of WHEN he is shooting them (and missing them).

It seems like in two or three losses, we were making a run near the end of the game and Wayne would attempt a three, miss badly, and drain all of our momentum.

It's happened multiple times. It's not cute anymore.

It is almost as unpleasant as watching him take a rebound and drive the ball full court and then picking up a cheap charging foul. Happens every time.

I am glad to see other people on this site who realize what kind of player Wayne Chism is and what kind he needs to be. A lot of people were defending him on a recent thread, wayne chisms idiotic three....., and I'm glad to see after all there arguing that Wayne came out and showed what he CAN'T do. He did not play much in the first half and we finished at halftime with a good lead. I think this says something and leaving Williams in put a lot of hussle out there and it showed. Congrats to the vols on a win and hopefully to an eye opening experience to Mr. Chism.

BP needs to put a permanent red-light on Chism from the 3-point line. Tonight, when we were starting to prove that we were team who benefits from driving to the hoop and not settling for 3s. Whats more, it was a crucial point in the game when USCe was starting to make a comeback. Then.....Chism airballs a 3 from the corner....:banghead2::banghead2::furious3:

So put the red light on. Chism benefits us greatly when he's playing down low. When he's taking 3s you can find him in the dictionary under "momentum killer."

He is now shooting 23.9% for the year. That's terrible. And I don't want to hear any of this "he's good at shooting the trailing 3 in transition" crap. He is awful behind the arc. Anyone who disagrees better do so now because your case gets weaker with every 3 Chism shoots....

I agree with you, heck, anyone at the college level can physically shoot a three pointer, his problem is he's had a few go in so he thinks he's a perimeter shooter now. He needs to realize that he is taking UT's rebounding advantage away when he does that, he's out on the perimeter instead of inside boxing out.
It's these little details that when fixed make the team look much better.

VN Store

Back