Doeren offered Tennessee job (according to football scoop)

If true, then OUCH.

Wow. So this is what it feels like to be a fan of a non-elite-status college football program.

There was a time, not so very long ago, when only the very BEST of the best would have been proud to be given even a chance to interview for a coaching position at such a winning tradition-rich program that boasted a phenomenal fan base and facilities to match.

Now we're apparently forced to settle for someone with a pulse and who could successfully identify a football in a picturebook if asked to point one out.

Yay.

How bout a football coach that played at Drake or Ferris State? MF'ing Currie:mega_shok:

Word is NC State made a counter offer, so he may decide to stick, and if Vol fans message NC State tomorrow morning, could make up his mind. They want him -- we don't.

Jimmy Haslam's response to Vol fans who rained on his Schiano Storm!! Have no illusions of who is in charge.

Change comes about when those seats are empty on Saturdays... but this is a very resilient fan base, and that stadium will be packed again come the first home game.

The world knows this.

Reactions: 2 people
Change comes about when those seats are empty on Saturdays... but this is a very resilient fan base, and that stadium will be packed again come the first home game.

The world knows this.

IDK, man. This time, it feels different. Doeren is a bum and everyone knows it. I can say for myself, I’m not going. Haven’t been since Georgia.

So what if we hired this guy straight from Northern Illinois after they made the orange bowl? Let's have a discussion about some good things he's done. If we played them back then they would have smoked our a$&

Doeren’s ACC record speaks for itself: 0-8 in 2013; 3-5 in 2014; 3-5 in 2015; 2-5, as of this weekend, in 2016. Of those conference wins, they have only come against Syracuse, Wake Forest, Boston College and one lone victory at UNC-Chapel Hill. Doeren remains 3-13 in home conference games.

Awesome record!!!

Can't do the blue font thing from my phone.

IDK, man. This time, it feels different. Doeren is a bum and everyone knows it. I can say for myself, I’m not going. Haven’t been since Georgia.

I agree 100%. This search has been MUCH MORE widely publicized, so the non-tech savvy are getting the details with all the rest of us. I think this hits them much harder than the last 2. Dooley was a last second hire because of when Kiff left. Butch was not what we were hoping for, but with Dooley gone we were just hopeful that this guy could step up. You can't hire a guy with a worse Power 5 record than the guy you fired and expect people to drop their issue and get back in line. I think the fans would have gotten on board with Brohm, but not this guy.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel like this is intentional. Currie, Davenport, and Haslam trying to show us that they will do what they want and we will “get what we deserve” because it's our fault for making such a mess of the Schiano situation. We KNOW coaches like Tee, Kiffin, and Miles are interested. It just makes no sense..

So what if we hired this guy straight from Northern Illinois after they made the orange bowl? Let's have a discussion about some good things he's done. If we played them back then they would have smoked our a$&

In that case you'd be rolling the dice on an up and comer kind of guy. Might work out, might not. At this point, he's shown he produces a P5 record almost identical to the guy we just fired.

If true, my predictions:

1) Decommits
2) Transfers
3) Fanbase fury
4) Many Season Ticket holders jump ship
5) Terrible 1st Season
6) Gameday attendance at an all time low
7) Currie gets fired
8) UT is stuck with a fortune in buyouts they can't afford to pay so they have to keep the hire
9) Could be a self-invoked financial death penalty for the university
10) The players lose and the fans lose and the idiots making these terrible decisions don't have a care in the world.
It is sad to watch.

Reactions: 7 people
I feel like this is intentional. Currie, Davenport, and Haslam trying to show us that they will do what they want and we will “get what we deserve” because it's our fault for making such a mess of the Schiano situation. We KNOW coaches like Tee, Kiffin, and Miles are interested. It just makes no sense..

171722d1467119802-san-francisco-street-mugging-nipped-bud-nipitinthebud.jpg

If true, my predictions:

1) Decommits
2) Transfers
3) Fanbase fury
5) Terrible 1st Season
7) Currie gets fired
8) UT is stuck with a fortune in buyouts they can't afford to pay so they have to keep the hire
10) The players lose and the fans lose and the idiots making these terrible decisions don't have a care in the world.
It is sad to watch.

Never thought I’d say this in a serious manner but might as well just cancel the football program.

I guess it's time to find a new team . 26 years of vol fandom but I refuse to follow a team that doesn't even want to make the best moves possible .

In that case you'd be rolling the dice on an up and comer kind of guy. Might work out, might not. At this point, he's shown he produces a P5 record almost identical to the guy we just fired.

Fair enough. I always liked Northern Illinois football. Tough winners. Can't really remember anybody doing well at NC State

If true, my predictions:

1) Decommits
2) Transfers
3) Fanbase fury
5) Terrible 1st Season
7) Currie gets fired
It is sad to watch.

Move 7 to the top!

Fair enough. I always liked Northern Illinois football. Tough winners. Can't really remember anybody doing well at NC State
One huge positive from this is that NC State handily beat Vanderbilt last year in the Independence Bowl 41-17. That is something that Butch had trouble doing.

VN Store

Back