Doctors of VN

I've got one. Let's say somebody literally took a 2x4 to the face, got busted open, clear CT, but diagnosed with a concussion last Saturday. What's the typical amount of time for post concussion symptoms to clear (fatigue, lightheaded, headaches)?

Asking for a friend that has a headache a week later.

I've got one. Let's say somebody literally took a 2x4 to the face, got busted open, clear CT, but diagnosed with a concussion last Saturday. What's the typical amount of time for post concussion symptoms to clear (fatigue, lightheaded, headaches)?

Have heard of post concussion syndrome taking a few weeks to fully clear up, but I’m definitely not an expert on that.

Have heard of post concussion syndrome taking a few weeks to fully clear up, but I’m definitely not an expert on that.
I'm unfortunately learning about it. Feels like I've been hungover for a week solid.

I'm unfortunately learning about it. Feels like I've been hungover for a week solid.

At least it was only a 2x4, I had an angle grinder to the face come in a few days ago. With the lingering symptoms, you might have considered making that trade with him tho haha.

Honestly, it's impossible to predict. Some concussions improve in a few days, and some post-concussive headaches persist for weeks or even months.

No strenuous exercise, limit screen time (ha, nice time for that!), make sure you get you get plenty of rest, and follow up with your doc for any neuro or vision changes, vomiting, worsening pain, etc.

At least it was only a 2x4, I had an angle grinder to the face come in a few days ago. With the lingering symptoms, you might have considered making that trade with him tho haha.
For the record, it was a pile of supports for clothing racks that we use for a sale at church.

Ever know anybody that got a concussion.... at church?

For the record, it was a pile of supports for clothing racks that we use for a sale at church.

Ever know anybody that got a concussion.... at church?

Not quite.. the closest I can think of:
Had a father in law/ son in law argument over a bible verse end in a subarachnoid hemorrhage for FIL once.

Back in my athletic training days we had a kid stay in Concussion (TBI) protocol for almost 2 months. He was fine in his day to day but every time his heart rate would elevate during controlled cardio (elliptical/treadmill/jogging) the headache came back so severely that he would self report.

good. gonna be a busy week I'm moving from Northwest AR to Ft Smith....no more 180 mile round trips to work

I have what i think is a clogged pore or ingrown hair on my back. Its been there for ages. Recently it has increased in size drastically. Its soft to touch & hurts. Any thoughts on what i need to do? Im looking to schedule an appiontment with dermatologist. Or do I need to go to a regular Physician?

I have what i think is a clogged pore or ingrown hair on my back. Its been there for ages. Recently it has increased in size drastically. Its soft to touch & hurts. Any thoughts on what i need to do? Im looking to schedule an appiontment with dermatologist. Or do I need to go to a regular Physician?
If "for ages" means months to years, it may be an epidermal cyst. If it's painful, it could have become infected (abscess). A dermatologist would be most likely to offer definitive treatment -- will likely need either surgical drainage or cyst excision.

Reactions: smashmouth98
If "for ages" means months to years, it may be an epidermal cyst. If it's painful, it could have become infected (abscess). A dermatologist would be most likely to offer definitive treatment -- will likely need either surgical drainage or cyst excision.
yes years.

We drain quite a few abscesses that start as ingrown hairs in the ER I work at. Pretty simple and they are usually out in less than an hour.

We drained one last Sunday that put out 500+ml of lovely, sweet smelling drainage from some girl’s underarm.

Last edited:
I need answers. I’ve been running a low grade fever for a week now. It’s been hovering around 100 degrees, not much higher. I do not have other symptoms such as nasuea, rashes, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, no pain urinating, no weight loss or weight gain, no loss of appetite, no runny or stuffy nose, or diarrhea. I only have symptoms that would be associated with fever but they are minor.

Any ideas? I’ve been searching. Maybe unknown origin?

Last edited:
I need answers. I’ve been running a low grade fever for a week now. It’s been hovering around 100 degrees, not much higher. I do not have other symptoms such as nasuea, rashes, swollen lymph nodes, sore throat, no pain urinating, no weight loss or weight gain, no loss of appetite, no runny or stuffy nose, or diarrhea. I only have symptoms that would be associated with fever but they are minor.

Any ideas? I’ve been searching. Maybe unknown origin?

Viral maybe? Alternate Tylenol and ibuprofen

VN Store

Back