Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Rewatched again last night.

Id put it up there in second tier of my fave MCU movies.

Def creative original plot. Scarlet Witch is a great character, perhaps a bit weak ...

Also not a fan of the horror genre. Worked at times, and tried too hard at others.

Surely the bolded is sarcasm

Whoah I’m going to whole heartedly disagree with that. IM3 is at the very bottom of the MCU movies.
I will say that it had a really clever moment when Professor X showed up and in the background the music theme from the 90’s X-Men cartoon was playing.

on the advice of my 11 year old, i watched "what if" before we went and saw this, and it did help tie together some of the story line in the multi verse. wandavision was the "must see" for the over all plot line.

but it does feel like going forward that the series and movies will have some synergies.

as for the movie, i liked it. i mean we're talking about a wizard movie about multiple universes....can't get too caught up in "nuance"....lol. not the greatest movie, but i did like the horror movie feel to it. and while i didn't care for the zombie deal, i'll at least give a nod for being consistent with the direction the "what if" series more or less introduced.

the worst part, however, is that my 11 year old daughter loved her some Wanda/Scarlett witch....her favorite character. she was pissed about what they did with wanda's character...lol.

on the advice of my 11 year old, i watched "what if" before we went and saw this, and it did help tie together some of the story line in the multi verse. wandavision was the "must see" for the over all plot line.

but it does feel like going forward that the series and movies will have some synergies.

as for the movie, i liked it. i mean we're talking about a wizard movie about multiple universes....can't get too caught up in "nuance"....lol. not the greatest movie, but i did like the horror movie feel to it. and while i didn't care for the zombie deal, i'll at least give a nod for being consistent with the direction the "what if" series more or less introduced.

the worst part, however, is that my 11 year old daughter loved her some Wanda/Scarlett witch....her favorite character. she was pissed about what they did with wanda's character...lol.
Is a cool character. Actress isnt getting any younger, she's been in 5+ movies. Personally I like having the 'old cast' around for cameos.

Just dont want to get into a cycle of killing old guard off, its too easy to guess.

Been wanting to watch, just no time yet. I'll also say this, even though I'm alone on this island, Hawkeye was my favorite of the shows they did. I'm just not sure , if they're planning such a thing, how they can tie all this new stuff together.

Been wanting to watch, just no time yet. I'll also say this, even though I'm alone on this island, Hawkeye was my favorite of the shows they did. I'm just not sure , if they're planning such a thing, how they can tie all this new stuff together.
I think there will be multiple arcs with Kang being the ultimate villain.

I have read that Celestials, Galactus, and Dr Doom (see Strange movie) will all be involved.

I would almost gaurantee Alioth will return.

Here's one for ya @burntorangeVOLffle

I read Reed Richards is Kang's progeny. And in comics is married to Victor Von Doom's daughter.

Sort of. Kang has been connected to many time traveling characters like Rama Tutt and Immortus. Early on Rama and Doom met and determined that Rama was a descendent of Doom (he did invent a time platform after all). Later they also said he was a future version of Reed’s father, Nathaniel Richards. But it was from an alternate reality Nathaniel and not the 616 Reed’s father.

Honestly it gets pretty messy just with timelines alone. Throw in parallel universes and their respective timelines and Kang becomes whatever the story needs him to be.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Finally watched last night, Enjoyed it pretty good. Wasn't the best marvel movie, but not as bad as I was expecting based off some reviews I'd seen.

Finally watched last night, Enjoyed it pretty good. Wasn't the best marvel movie, but not as bad as I was expecting based off some reviews I'd seen.

I'm glad for pretty much all the Marvel movies released from the pandemic on I'm glad I waited to watch on Disney+ (except Spider-Man which I bought). One most of the hype has died down so it's passed but also my expectations are lowered. Both this and Eternals I liked even though both had mixed reviews, and I'm pretty sure it's because I waited. Had I seen both in theaters opening weekend and plunked down $40 to see, yeah I'd probably be a bit more harsh.

Reactions: joevol33
I'm glad for pretty much all the Marvel movies released from the pandemic on I'm glad I waited to watch on Disney+ (except Spider-Man which I bought). One most of the hype has died down so it's passed but also my expectations are lowered. Both this and Eternals I liked even though both had mixed reviews, and I'm pretty sure it's because I waited. Had I seen both in theaters opening weekend and plunked down $40 to see, yeah I'd probably be a bit more harsh.

😱 For $40 I can see 7 matinees at the theater I go to. Now of course that's without buying anything at concessions.

Reactions: joevol33
I agree, and think me going in not expecting much made it better also. I'll definitely watch it again.

VN Store

Back