Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

That was one of the greatest moments in all of the movies from the very beginning IMO.

It was silly. Overall I don’t mind the concept, if he had just been able to lift the hammer and use it that would have been enough.

But levitate it over to him, then use it to call down lightning? Nah. That was dumb.

Occasionally the MCU will make decisions within movies/shows that I think are just “silly” and I wish they hadn’t gone that route.

For instance:

-Fat Thor
-Cap and Thor’s hammer (I hated it)
-Pepper in the iron suit
-The “women united” scene in End Game
(yes I realize so far the are all from End Game)
-The dance off
-The fake out in Iron Man 3
-And in Multiverse of Madness
Strange occupying the dead body in the final fight. Would have been better if they had just done a full power Strange vs Wanda, that was dumb

Pepper in the iron suit was cringe

It was silly. Overall I don’t mind the concept, if he had just been able to lift the hammer and use it that would have been enough.

But levitate it over to him, then use it to call down lightning? Nah. That was dumb.

Odin enchanted mjolinir in the first Thor, saying “Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.”
So the lightning and summoning the hammer all made perfect sense.

Lol....I mean agree to disagree but this criticism is kind of silly. You're ok with him using a magic hammer but utilizing some of the magic capabilities of it is silly? That's a very strange splitting of hairs.

Lol....I mean agree to disagree but this criticism is kind of silly. You're ok with him using a magic hammer but utilizing some of the magic capabilities of it is silly? That's a very strange splitting of hairs.

The power came from Thor, it wasn’t in the hammer. They kind of retconned that notion from the first Thor to Ragnarok, that’s why it bothers me.

Occasionally the MCU will make decisions within movies/shows that I think are just “silly” and I wish they hadn’t gone that route.

For instance:

-Fat Thor
-Cap and Thor’s hammer (I hated it)
-Pepper in the iron suit
-The “women united” scene in End Game
(yes I realize so far the are all from End Game)
-The dance off
-The fake out in Iron Man 3
-And in Multiverse of Madness
Strange occupying the dead body in the final fight. Would have been better if they had just done a full power Strange vs Wanda, that was dumb

I’m going to have to disagree with almost all of these except Women United and IM3.

Especially disagree with the Cap thing. That was one of the best moments of the entire MCU. You are probably quite lonely on that one.

Pretty much every movie has a groan/cringe moment. I just don’t agree with your selection.

I’m going to have to disagree with almost all of these except Women United and IM3.

Especially disagree with the Cap thing. That was one of the best moments of the entire MCU. You are probably quite lonely on that one.

Pretty much every movie has a groan/cringe moment. I just don’t agree with your selection.

You liked Pepper in her iron suit??

And Fat Thor… I mean I know it’s good for a laugh, but it was silly. Broken, run down, unkempt Thor would have served the same purpose with less silliness.

And Fat Thor… I mean I know it’s good for a laugh, but it was silly. Broken, run down, unkempt Thor would have served the same purpose with less silliness.
of all the stuff in those movies...that's what bothered you?

Last edited:

Pepper didn’t bother me. For one, it was done in the comics, two they established it in IM 3…. I don’t necessarily want to see a whole movie around it but it didn’t bother me.

Fat Thor was funny and just showed his mental state of mind so it worked for me.

The MCU has been one of, if not the, best reasons to go to the movies the last several years. I think I’ve seen them all on the big screen and not once have I regretted doing so. Some have been great, others just ok, but none have been a bad experience.

Reed-Richards-Toy.JPG

Last edited:
Finally saw this on Disney+ last night. Overall a good movie but not great. I thought the Illuminati was both cool and lame at the same time. It was cool seeing them but watching them get so easily destroyed was lame. That made it feel like a gimmick than actual story development.

Reactions: LittleVol
Finally saw this on Disney+ last night. Overall a good movie but not great. I thought the Illuminati was both cool and lame at the same time. It was cool seeing them but watching them get so easily destroyed was lame. That made it feel like a gimmick than actual story development.
Concepts was cool.
Many concepts in the movie were great. Just the pacing was bad and the plot development was just average.

Good film, but very overhyped

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Concepts was cool.
Many concepts in the movie were great. Just the pacing was bad and the plot development was just average.

Good film, but very overhyped

I think fans overhyped what they thought it was going to be and then it ended up being just a small piece of the next big thing.

I think fans overhyped what they thought it was going to be and then it ended up being just a small piece of the next big thing.

Exactly. I warned some folks about that after I saw it. I basically told them not to go into it thinking the multiverse is about to blow up and there are going to be a ton of implications about the future of the MCU, because it’s not that at all, and everyone thought that’s what it would be.

It’s more of a quick look into the multiverse and a bit more info on it.

Exactly. I warned some folks about that after I saw it. I basically told them not to go into it thinking the multiverse is about to blow up and there are going to be a ton of implications about the future of the MCU, because it’s not that at all, and everyone thought that’s what it would be.

It’s more of a quick look into the multiverse and a bit more info on it.
Well you also got to remember, this is one of the movies that got jerked around by covid. It was supposed to immediately follow wandavision, and come out before Spiderman. I think there might even be another show or movie that it got flipped with. So they had to actually alter everything.

Well you also got to remember, this is one of the movies that got jerked around by covid. It was supposed to immediately follow wandavision, and come out before Spiderman. I think there might even be another show or movie that it got flipped with. So they had to actually alter everything.
Rewatched again last night.

Id put it up there in second tier of my fave MCU movies.

Def creative original plot. Scarlet Witch is a great character, perhaps a bit weak ...

Also not a fan of the horror genre. Worked at times, and tried too hard at others.

Finally checked this out, and it’s pretty weak. It has a few cool moments, but it feels like it’s just going through the motions. It’s probably on par with Iron Man 3.

Reactions: VOLNPA
Elizabeth Olsen carried the movie. It places in my bottom 3rd of the MCU, but I was still entertained.

I had not watched Wandavision or the other show, but I was able to catch up pretty quickly. I’m sure not watching them made the movie pop a little less. Not the best Marvel has offered, but not the worst. None of the Marvel movies have been just plain terrible.

I had not watched Wandavision or the other show, but I was able to catch up pretty quickly. I’m sure not watching them made the movie pop a little less. Not the best Marvel has offered, but not the worst. None of the Marvel movies have been just plain terrible.

Wandavision was the only thing kinda needed going into this. The other stuff was more or less just bonus Easter eggs.

But I do recommend watching that one. One of the best MCU shows to date. And honestly I would watch the whole series again over several of the movies.

The Disney+ shows are now important to all feature films going forward! The new Ms. Marvel series sets up The Marvels film next summer (July 28, 2023) the sequel to Captain Marvel that will also feature the Monica Rambeau character that was featured in WandaVision as well.

VN Store

Back