Dobbs' noticeable improvement

1standgoal

The long ball has finally returned to Tennessee's arsenal and Josh is just now hitting his stride. This, in addition to TE's and RB's.:machgun: the offense is limitless.

Reactions: 4 people
We're almost 100th in total offense and haven't played a ranked team yet. We have the tools in place but the playcalling and OL is severely holding us back

Reactions: 6 people
The long ball has finally returned to Tennessee's arsenal and Josh is just now hitting his stride. This, in addition to TE's and RB's.:machgun: the offense is limitless.

Well I guess if he is going to hit his stride it better be now , him being 3 games into his senoir year!
I have to see more completed long balls before I can agree with what you posted though.

Reactions: 1 person

He did throw a couple of good long balls that were dropped by the receivers....
And the interception too was not his fault...that throw was right on the facemask.

That gives me a little hope that maybe we will see a completely different offense against the SEC opponents...

Or maybe we just suck... i'm not sure...

Reactions: 2 people
And the interception too was not his fault...that throw was right on the facemask.

Yes and no.. The receiver should've caught the ball but it was a 100 mph fast ball when maybe it should've been an off speed pitch... Touch?

Last edited:
Sometimes he makes the difficult throw look easy, and the easy throws difficult. Can be frustrating to watch, but hopefully he will get better as the season progresses.

This OL looks the same or probably worse than the OL that Worley had. The only reason Dobbs hasn't been seriously injured is because he's more mobile. When Dobbs came into the Bama game two yrs ago, it was apparent then that it would require his running ability to survive. I don't see how he's the blame when he's running for his life FROM THE GUN. Or Hurd and Kamara getting hit before they reach the LoS. I'd be highly upset and tired of getting hit before I get a chance to find a gap to hit. Why do you think Hurd's runs are bounced outside? Penetration has blown up the play.

Reactions: 3 people
Limitless? Our offense is ranked 101 or something... And we've played app and Ohio... I think you meant limited.

Reactions: 3 people
I am starting to feel good about this florida game. The only facet of our game that really needs to improve is the o-line. Florida needs their entire offense to play ball.

I am starting to feel good about this florida game. The only facet of our game that really needs to improve is the o-line. Florida needs their entire offense to play ball.

This is the natural Florida week EVOLVING by Friday you will be predicting the Vols blow Florida out. Its a natural evolution happens every year, no cure yet.

Reactions: 4 people
I think more than just the OL needs improvement.

Agreed. Dobb's accuracy hasn't improved and he continues being a turnover waiting to happen. And the play calling has been horrid. I know some has to do with lack of confidence in Dobb's passing but my gosh there is no creativity at all on offense.As long as Debord is here I don't see it changing. We continue to waste offensive playmakers.. at least next season we will have QB's that can actually pas the ball and able to utilize the WR's more.

Agreed. Dobb's accuracy hasn't improved and he continues being a turnover waiting to happen. And the play calling has been horrid. I know some has to do with lack of confidence in Dobb's passing but my gosh there is no creativity at all on offense.As long as Debord is here I don't see it changing. We continue to waste offensive playmakers.. at least next season we will have QB's that can actually pas the ball and able to utilize the WR's more.
Exactly,I just didn't feel like typing all that needs improvement. But you sir did very well,lol.

For the record, I feel a lot of trepidation about the UF game. I just don't think we match up well against them. They have a brutal D, and our OL woes don't match well there. They may have a struggling O, but our defensive injuries make that match-up a big, fat question mark.

If this were true Malone would have had over 100 and a couple score.
We would have beat Ohio by more then 8
Wolf would do more than block
And Debord would be exciting instead of stale

Shouldn't you be in the press box by now, Mr. Depunt?

VN Store

Back