Dobbs is throwing a major wrench in Pittsburgh Steelers’ plans

Josh Dobbs will get his shot because he does things the right way. He'll earn it. His future may or may not be in Pittsburgh, but he has enough talent that he'll be in the league for a while.

Josh Dobbs is a Top 5 all-time Vol for me. He is the reason we won 3 bowl games in a row and had two consecutive 9 win seasons despite enduring the Butch Jones philosophy (and defenses). On the right squad, with a 10-11 win season he could have easily placed a heisman in his trophy case. Love the guy.

I think D4H primarily posts as TennesseeFan2019 now, but I'm sure he'll be willing to log into the old account for you, if he remembers the password.

Password is probably something along the lines of "BookIt", "Checkthetape", "DobbsIsLife", or "HyperboleIsMyFriend".

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
He wasn’t the heir apparent. He was just a guy.

From the article:
Rudolph, who is widely viewed as the heir to Ben Roethlisberger, served as Pittsburgh’s No. 3 quarterback last season.

So take it up with the writer, not me :p

And I am not saying Dobbs is the second coming of Peyton or a top 10 NFL QB but clearly he has some talent. With good training now and a decent line to protect him, perhaps he will go on to be a starter somewhere. How many people can say that, even among those who were much more highly hyped? I personally thought he had no shot to stay in the pros and would be dusting off that degree pretty quick, but hey, clearly he had other plans. No matter what, tho, he is a great rep for the Vols.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
As a Ravens fan, I can't stand the Steelers, but I always want my VFL's to do well. And it's time for Rberger to retire anyway! He's an overpaid greedy old man now and would rather worry about himself than his team. Dobbs is the opposite. And he deserves his chance. Go Vols!!

As a Ravens fan, I can't stand the Steelers, but I always want my VFL's to do well. And it's time for Rberger to retire anyway! He's an overpaid greedy old man now and would rather worry about himself than his team. Dobbs is the opposite. And he deserves his chance. Go Vols!!

It's easy enough to like Dobbs over BR, particularly as a Vols fan, but c'mon....BR just completed 67% of his passes while going #1 in yardage and #5 in TD's. He's not going anywhere with that kind of production short of injury.

Face it the only way Dobbs is ever going to get significant playing time in Pittsburgh is he either gets traded or Big Been gets hurt before there latest heir apparent is ready. His days in Pittsburgh ate numbered is my assumption.

From Former Vols QB Josh Dobbs is throwing a major wrench in Steelers' plans

What does the longterm future hold for Dobbs in Pittsburgh?
The former Vol received a big compliment from an important figure in Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert, who recently said “He (Dobbs) forced his way on the roster and the No. 2 spot by hard work and big plays when we needed him”.

Dobbs played in five games for the Steelers last season (mostly in brief relief of Roethlisberger). One of his key moments in 2018 came against the Baltimore Ravens, when Dobbs completed a 22 yard pass to JuJu Smith-Schuster that kept the drive alive for the Steelers.

Moving forward, I think it’s clear that Rudolph is no longer the unquestioned heir to Roethlisberger (as evidenced by the recent extension signed by Big Ben that keeps him in Pittsburgh through 2021).

It feels like the Steelers took Dobbs in 2017 because of his upside. But they took Rudolph, specifically, to eventually replace Roethlisberger.

However, Dobbs is showing he was worth the investment in 2017. And with the way the NFL game (and quarterback position) is changing, it’s possible that Pittsburgh wants to give Dobbs a legitimate chance to eventually win the starting job.

While no one is going to confuse Dobbs for Patrick Mahomes anytime soon, Dobbs would at least give the Steelers an athletic option that could open up their playbook a bit.

Its good to see Dobbs keep getting recognition. Criminal what could have been while he was here. Que for D4H to come running to post in this thread, 3....2....1.... :D

From the article:
Rudolph, who is widely viewed as the heir to Ben Roethlisberger, served as Pittsburgh’s No. 3 quarterback last season.

And I am not saying Dobbs is the second coming of Peyton or a top 10 NFL QB but clearly he has some talent. With good training now and a decent line to protect him, perhaps he will go on to be a starter somewhere. How many people can say that, even among those who were much more highly hyped? I personally thought he had no shot to stay in the pros and would be dusting off that degree pretty quick, but hey, clearly he had other plans. No matter what, tho, he is a great rep for the Vols.
Love Dobbs and wish him the best. However unless he has or can improve his passing accuracy he will probably remain a backup. Hope I’m wrong. If he can get five years in, I think that qualifies for nfl pension.

From the article:

And that guy is FOS. Rudolph was seen exactly as Dobbs, a later round pick that had a possible great upside and if he doesn't pan out, who cares. Also, they fact they took him should have been a pretty good clue that Dobbs wasn't in their long term plans as the starter either.

As @BearCat204 said, the next long term starter for the Steelers isn't on the roster.

Dobbs is kinda like your fat girlfriend that's got a pretty face.

You think she's a dime but everyone else knows better.

He aint starting for the Steelers unless there's an injury.

And that guy is FOS. Rudolph was seen exactly as Dobbs, a later round pick that had a possible great upside and if he doesn't pan out, who cares. Also, they fact they took him should have been a pretty good clue that Dobbs wasn't in their long term plans as the starter either.

As @BearCat204 said, the next long term starter for the Steelers isn't on the roster.

I can't make this certain an observation. The Steelers traded two picks to move up and take Rudolph. You make the observation yourself their taking of him so recently after investing in Dobbs has to mean "something". In any case neither Dobbs or Rudolph, particularly the latter, have much in the way of real world pro experience. Now that neither are rookies going into this season it will be interesting to see how the preseason plays out.

That article pretty much said a whole lot of nothing. Dobbs obviously isn't their their long term replacement either based on the same logic about BR's extension. Rudoldph was a 3rd round choice and I don't recall anyone saying the Steelers ever thought he was definitely the heir. If he doesn't pan out, no big loss. And the title....lol...a "major wrench"....talk about click bait.

Agree STRONGLY. Writer introduces a one name character (Randolph) without any relevant backing.
Only a pecker wood thinks this is worthy. I am so sick of the never ending 1.9's in a world of 10.0's.

I like Dobbs, he fit the needs of a 8 to 9 win college quarterback very well.

Its funny to see some of these responses. Many on here, myself included, thought Dobbs didn't possess the skills and talent to be drafted. Yet he went in the 4th round. Then many said, myself included, that he wouldnt make a roster. Yet he did. He has shown some good skills. Is he the best passer or runner? No. Is he a better thrower than Rudolph? Eh, I dont know. Rudolphs arm is much stronger. But Dobbs is definitely more mobile.

Long story short, Dobbs has proven almost everyone wrong. At this point, it wouldnt surprise me if Dobbs became a starter in the next few years. D4H's predictions have no chance at becoming true. Other than Dobbs becoming a starter.

Would you say the same for NE ? -- so many "experts" are claiming Jarrett Stidham is the guy replacing Brady
I don't know.....I'm probably wrong about about Dobbs anyway lol, but you don't spend a 3rd rounder on a QB if you already think you have your future at the position on the roster. Who knows, Dobbs has done things to prove people wrong before.

No way man, TennesseeFan2019 is another famous poster though.
IDK man, there are some similarities and D4H knows how to tweak the personality slightly for his alt accounts, hence the Nationdom account, which is definitely a D4H alt, one time "Nationdom" came to D4H's defense in a thread (or vice versa) and in the course of the thread it was obvious that he forgot to switch accounts in one of the posts. It was hilarious, I wish I could find it.

Reactions: Orangeburst
IDK man, there are some similarities and D4H knows how to tweak the personality slightly for his alt accounts, hence the Nationdom account, which is definitely a D4H alt, one time "Nationdom" came to D4H's defense in a thread (or vice versa) and in the course of the thread it was obvious that he forgot to switch accounts in one of the posts. It was hilarious, I wish I could find it.
lets ask him @Tennesseefan2019

Yes I remember the thread that D4H outed himself as Nationdom.

But @Tennesseefan2019 is not him. But he has had other famous accounts in the past.

VN Store

Back