Dobbs is already moving up the Depth Chart

Why do you say that? I definitely think Dobbs gets some playing time this season.

Yep. In the preseason. He has very little chance of any PT during the regular season unless Rothliesberger gets hurt. It's going to be real challenge to beat Jones out for back-up

Reactions: 5 people
Why do you say that? I definitely think Dobbs gets some playing time this season.

Yeah he will get some pre season and at the end of the year when we clinch a playoff spot again. Im more excited to see what Cam can do this year. That was one of the biggest weak spots last year IMO was the defensive back field.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep. In the preseason. He has very little chance of any PT during the regular season unless Rothliesberger gets hurt. It's going to be real challenge to beat Jones out for back-up

Has Rothliesberger made it through a whole season in one piece recently?

Seems like he misses 3-4 games a year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Big Ben is going down once a year at this point. Dobbs will play this year and it will take him a couple of games to get going but BR may not get the job back after that. Dobbs will be taking them into the playoffs within two years. Take that to your bookies. #thebrownssuckagain

Reactions: 5 people

You do know Landry Jones is terrible right?

Josh will beat him out with relative ease.

Reactions: 4 people

BR always gets hurt anymore

Anybody else notice how much Dobbs and Shazier look alike? Guarantee people will confuse one with the other in Pittsburgh for a while.

No, not because they're both black. And no, not because both have alopecia.

They are just similar looking, good dudes in their respective communities.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh...azier-on-a-mission-to-help-kids-with-alopecia

edit: wanted to mention both as good dudes in their communities.

Dobbs will play most of the Steelers Exhibition games!! :rock::rock:

It is also possible he could start a game next season, don't Taze Me just saying "Possible"!! :dunno::dunno:

Big Ben only suggested walking away for $$$. Dobbs has a lot to work on before he's starting on Sundays.

Jones is horrible..Dobbs will see the field for sure. Ben will get injured at some point. Let's just hope Dobbs can adjust to the pace of NFL. CAM should have opportunities. Our dbs have been lacking for several years now.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Dobbs will play most of the Steelers Exhibition games!! :rock::rock:

It is also possible he could start a game next season, don't Taze Me just saying "Possible"!! :dunno::dunno:

Big Ben always gets banged up. Josh will play at least one regular season game next year.

Just wanted to say that I was thrilled when Josh was selected by the Steelers. Pretty decent place to land to learn under Big Ben and not be thrown straight to the wolves. I also think Josh could beat out Landry and get some PT.

I just think he beats out Jones and Ben will be injured at some point next season. We'll see.

landry is horrid so i hope he can beat him out, and yes one would think with the history given that Ben will go down for a series or half and next man up would get some snaps so if its Dobbs, he will play this coming season.

but still alot of "ifs and maybes" and whats to say they dont sign a true back up to ben and cut landry?

i dont know the ins of outs of the rosters they have but i wouldnt think its unimaginable

I just think he beats out Jones and Ben will be injured at some point next season. We'll see.

Seems you are reading too much into the parallels between Dobbs and Dak Prescott. Don't hope for the same thing to happen for Dobbs this year.

As passers, Prescott was quite a bit more consistent during his college career while Dobbs senior season showed improved accuracy. He still has some mechanics and footwork to improve on. I believe Dobbs has it in him to be a great NFL QB, but I feel he needs to improve as a passer. We know he can make plays with his legs and that he will, but the guys chasing him are bigger stronger and faster.

Remember Big Ben has led the Steelers to two SB championships while Romo never led the Cowboys to one. He is also one of the more accurate passers in the league. No fan of the Steelers or Dobbs should wish for him to be forced into starting this year. His time will come soon enough.

Reactions: 2 people

Dobbs already has an advantage because he is the brand-spanking new draft pick that the fans will at least want to see, compared to Jones who has had multiple, less-than-spectacular, auditions already. Not saying Dobbs is an automatic success, but its not going to be a huge task to overtake a known mediocre QB.

I would assume that Dobbs is already the 2nd stringer.

Landry Jones had his opportunities and he was drafted by Steelers in 4th round in 2013.

They wouldn't have drafted Dobbs if they were planning on keeping Landry 2nd.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back