Dobbs chance of injury?

I'm more concerned about Hurd getting injured, quite honestly. I love the kid but he does seem to struggle keeping that shoulder healthy.

I am the original poster of this thread and am surprised at the response.
I was not trying to be mean or cute.
I have legitimate concerns about our QB.
Common sense tells me if a QB runs a lot during games, it increases the odds of an injury.
It is good that he can run when necessary. A QB that can run and throw is an asset.
My position was, and still is, that an improved offense will take some pressure off the QB and reduce the risk of injury to him.
Keeping injuries to a minimum will go a long way in helping us achieve our goals.
Honestly, I did not mean any harm and my concerns are sincere.

It will probably happen. The question is more likely when it will occur and the severity.

If it happens against UK, Vandy, etc... shouldn't be a problem. If it happens early on or against a good team it could torpedo things quickly.

Common sense tells me if a QB runs a lot during games, it increases the odds of an injury.
It is good that he can run when necessary. A QB that can run and throw is an asset.
My position was, and still is, that an improved offense will take some pressure off the QB and reduce the risk of injury to him.
Keeping injuries to a minimum will go a long way in helping us achieve our goals.

It's a fair point. Just look at the past couple of seasons. Injuries happen and any quarterback who runs as much as Dobbs did last year is going to take some punishment.

Some people are just superstitious, ice. Just try starting a thread with only a players name and see what happens. You'll suffer the consequences. :)

Too late.
Feelings have been hurt.
Butt feelings.

buTch will have Dobbs run some just to keep the D honest.

With 3 true freshmen as his backups I think they'll limit his called run plays since he'll run enough on passing plays when his blocking breaks down.

I think they'll protect Dobbs as much as they can and will rely on Hurd and AK to get most of the rushing yards.

BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Dobbs' chances of getting injured is just the same as anyone else's. There is a chance on every play that any one of the players could get injured. So, basically, it's anyone's guess.

VN Store

Back