Do you truly think every SEC school will follow the same protocol?

Nocleats

Do you think every SEC school will follow the same protocol as far as to adhering to the tracing players being quarantined 14 days? I have a hard time believing every school will hold players out of 2 games if their not sick. It strikes me as odd Tennessee has 28 players out for tracing and other schools dont

Reactions: savannahfan
Do you think every SEC school will follow the same protocol as far as to adhering to the tracing players being quarantined 14 days? I have a hard time believing every school will hold players out of 2 games if their not sick. It strikes me as odd Tennessee has 28 players out for tracing and other schools dont
It's because Knox county has those parameters in place.

Can our players just lie? "Nope I wasn't near them!"

There have been zero student hospitalizations across the entire country and I'm sure they are noticing that none of the players who get it are getting sick. Eventually they gotta just roll on. At least just go back to quarantining the actual positive cases, or better yet, if they are actually sick.

Reactions: BigDave
CDC requirements now state that 24 hrs no symptoms and you are good to go! Quarantine is now 10 days with a positive test.

Reactions: chrismc1000
It's because Knox county has those parameters in place.

Can our players just lie? "Nope I wasn't near them!"

There have been zero student hospitalizations across the entire country and I'm sure they are noticing that none of the players who get it are getting sick. Eventually they gotta just roll on. At least just go back to quarantining the actual positive cases, or better yet, if they are actually sick.

I could be wrong , but I think the 14 day thing was a SEC guideline. I just don’t trust some schools to adhere to the policy. It appears that Tennessee is following the policy fully. (For now)

I am curious as to what the threshold will be to postpone a game. Will there be a % of scholarship players in quarantine that will postpone a game? Will it be a % of starters? What if one team wants to postpone because their starting OL and QB is in quarantine, but the other team still is healthy and wants to play? Have guidelines been developed on determining when a game is postponed vs. still played?

The NCAA and SEC has some standard rules. For example all live mascots are forbidden to be on the field this year by NCAA and SEC mandate. It’s part of the social-distancing plan to be able to play football amid the coronavirus pandemic this year. Only players, coaches and personnel deemed “essential” will be permitted in the area considered the field of play. Sorry Smokey, you and UGA X will need to battle it out at the dog park.

The NCAA and SEC has some standard rules. For example all live mascots are forbidden to be on the field this year by NCAA and SEC mandate. It’s part of the social-distancing plan to be able to play football amid the coronavirus pandemic this year. Only players, coaches and personnel deemed “essential” will be permitted in the area considered the field of play. Sorry Smokey, you and UGA X will need to battle it out at the dog park.
I thought that was only human mascots who weren’t allowed. Although I guess it makes sense that Smokey (as in the actual dog) wouldn’t be allowed either, as his handler would just be one more person on the field. And with mascots like Bevo, you need a whole team out there.

I don’t deny that. How can Tennessee have 28 players quarantined due to contact tracing and other schools have no problems?

Other schools have had problems. Muschamp believes that it will take about 30 positive players cases to scuttle the season. Kiffin says he was told by two other SEC schools that if they had to play a game that week, they couldn't field a team.

This is an overview of each SEC team's situation. Well minus Georgia, because they don't divulge much of anything.

SEC football COVID-19 tracker: Which players opt out, test positive

There's a very good chance the CDC procedures change again during the season if not before. I cannot imagine that testing will not be standardized soon considering this article. The implementation of rapid tests would enable programs to safely play and isolate anyone in the program BEFORE they became contagious.

Still can't get over this being from the NYT's.

Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

This is all BS anyway. We need to protect the vulnerable, but few, if any, students-much less athletes-are dying or getting real sick. A very large percentage of the deaths happened when NY state put vulnerable seniors in infected nursing homes. Healthy athletes or students don't need to go through all of this nonsense. It is strictly a power play by politicians, bureaucrats and administrators afraid of being sued.

Other schools have had problems. Muschamp believes that it will take about 30 positive players cases to scuttle the season. Kiffin says he was told by two other SEC schools that if they had to play a game that week, they couldn't field a team.

This is an overview of each SEC team's situation. Well minus Georgia, because they don't divulge much of anything.

SEC football COVID-19 tracker: Which players opt out, test positive
I read the article. Funny how Muschamp indicated that a team may be able to play with 55 players available and that's the exact number the Big 12 decided on to play a game. If a team has under 55 players then that team make ask for a postponement and the game may be rescheduled. I took that to mean if you postpone more than once there's not enough open dates to reschedule. Then the team causing the postponement loses by forfeit. You'd think the SEC would have a format prepared for this. I haven't heard of anything.

Did anyone hear that 55 players are out today, most due to contact? I read it on another site but can't find anything about it.

VN Store

Back