Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

A sub 10 minute mile is moving at a pretty good pace. I can barely run that and I have been running for 3 months. I know the type of shape I am in (fairly decent) and the type of shape the people I go to church with and yeah I still think it would be sub 1% of the population. We are the most out of shape society that has ever existed. We complain and won't put in work to better ourselves, except on social media. I go to the gym at 5:30 in the morning and have people from church come and ask what I do in the gym. I tell them show up at 5:30 tomorrow and I'll show you. They typically last a couple of days because they are too lazy.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I managed 3.2 miles this morning before the rain.
Fighting the runny nose due to pollen the whole way.
Hopefully the rain clears that up.

Reactions: itsme
Responding to the earlier question about apps:

MapMyRun works great.

I am in Zion National park and did the Angels Landing hike Saturday. At age 55 I was definitely a senior citizen on that beast of a trail.Fun bucket list hike but don’t think I will do it again.
Whippersnapper…

In my late 50s, I rode RAGBRAI, 385 miles across Iowa, Council Bluffs to Davenport in 7 days, from the Missouri River to the Mississippi on a road bike.

I've been attempting to get my mile time back under my PR in high school. I count the middle mile, as I run a .5 mile warmup and .5 mile cool down.

Have it down to a 5:18, but still a ways to go. I play basketball each week, and I feel like the quick miles translates more to basketball shape than long slow distances.

VN Store

Back