Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

At a mass start to a BRAG loop ride, 20-something guys were seen with sausage & cheese muffins stuffed in their mouths. We deduced that they would take these in hand once their momentum allowed them to free one.

Reactions: VolNExile
Jackson Family BBQ trailers on site for the BRAG Spring Tune-Up in rural northeast Georgia. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and are the most popular by far. Their breakfast items include egg/meat/cheese hand food, grits bowls, and occasionally pancakes. Very early one morning, I convinced them to wrap a smoked sausage link in a big pancake for my special hand held “pig in a blanket.” Folks seeing me walking around eating it rushed them wanting one. Alas, they had to settle for what the Jackson family had ready to serve. That was the end to my special orders for a time. They broke down and made me a special burger this past April, the big softies.

At a mass start to a BRAG loop ride, 20-something guys were seen with sausage & cheese muffins stuffed in their mouths. We deduced that they would take these in hand once their momentum allowed them to free one.
Somehow the combination of sausage+bicycle seat seems bold, but I’ll take your word for it!

3.25 miles this morning. Will take another walk around lunch time when it's nice & cool in Sarasota! :)

View attachment 467981

Slacker! 😁

Seriously though, how do you get it to count/ display more than one exercise in a day? (7 out of 5) Or does it just display exercise on days 6 and 7?

I haven't messed with the default settings which, I think, is set to want you to do "X" amount of exercise 5 days/ week. I exceeded their daily goal all 7 days.

I love to walk for exercise but I don't do it enough. Too hot in PHX right now, even if I did make the time. When it's nice, we do a 1 miler around the neighborhood with the kids, probably 3x a week. Lately, about once a week when my family goes to bed, I interval walk/sprint the 1 miler. I think I need to get that up to 2x week and do regular walks, too. Sprinting > Walking > Jogging

I work from home too, so I'm not walking much at all during the day. It's really bad that I live such a sedentary lifestyle. I read some research that showed people who are overweight and active (not me) will outlive people who are thin and sedentary (me). I do lift weights 5x week, but that's not sufficient. I gotta get going around more.

I love to walk for exercise but I don't do it enough. Too hot in PHX right now, even if I did make the time. When it's nice, we do a 1 miler around the neighborhood with the kids, probably 3x a week. Lately, about once a week when my family goes to bed, I interval walk/sprint the 1 miler. I think I need to get that up to 2x week and do regular walks, too. Sprinting > Walking > Jogging

I work from home too, so I'm not walking much at all during the day. It's really bad that I live such a sedentary lifestyle. I read some research that showed people who are overweight and active (not me) will outlive people who are thin and sedentary (me). I do lift weights 5x week, but that's not sufficient. I gotta get going around more.

I work from home, as well. It's easy to do nothing. A couple of years ago I bought a large motorized desk and I've left it in "standing" mode almost 100% of the time. Once I started walking a few months ago, it's now part of my routine and it's super steamy in Sarasota right now. I'd love to work in the interval walk/ run. Hopefully soon I'll get there. I probably just need to do it. Start with my morning walk when it's a little cooler.

I work from home, as well. It's easy to do nothing. A couple of years ago I bought a large motorized desk and I've left it in "standing" mode almost 100% of the time. Once I started walking a few months ago, it's now part of my routine and it's super steamy in Sarasota right now. I'd love to work in the interval walk/ run. Hopefully soon I'll get there. I probably just need to do it. Start with my morning walk when it's a little cooler.

The worst is doing that first day of walk/sprint intervals because you know you're going to be sore in places you never noticed you had muscles for about 5 days.

The worst is doing that first day of walk/sprint intervals because you know you're going to be sore in places you never noticed you had muscles for about 5 days.

That's what I'm afraid of. I used to do that 10-11 years ago but I'm now 49. If I can power through the aches of the 1st few days I should be OK.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I do 20 minutes on a stair climber at level 7 and 25 minutes when cutting. Normally 5 days a week. Everything else feels like a total waste of time. My heart rate is already up from lifting so within a minute I’m at 150 which is where I like to average for 20 minutes.

5.5 tonight. It was refreshing to run for a bit in the rain. Nice change of pace from the 100+ degree heat in Houston.

Trying to ride the bike between non running days. Did 10 miles after lifting yesterday. Trying to save my knees for when I'm older...not even to run, just to make sure I can ski as long as possible. Losing the ability to ski would really suck.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
5.5 tonight. It was refreshing to run for a bit in the rain. Nice change of pace from the 100+ degree heat in Houston.

Trying to ride the bike between non running days. Did 10 miles after lifting yesterday. Trying to save my knees for when I'm older...not even to run, just to make sure I can ski as long as possible. Losing the ability to ski would really suck.
53 and it’s all about stride technique. One of my neighbors is 71 and runs about 12-15 miles a week.

VN Store

Back