Do you root for other SEC teams?

Do you root for other SEC teams?

• No. I only root for the Vols.

• Yes. I typically root for the SEC team in non-conference games.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I will occasionally root for a Miss st, Arkansas or A & M and few others. But I never pull for Florida, Bama, Georgia, Ole Miss, LSU, no matter who their playing. I smile and get pleasure when they lose. I hope the nat champ game this year is between cincy and Michigan.

tenor.gif

I generally pull for SEC teams out of conference because any win by them makes UTs win over that team look better, especially if it is a tougher ooc foe.

That said though, it makes me sick to pull for Georgia in the playoffs and will NEVER pull for Bama...ever.

Reactions: volmanjr
Yes, I pull for the other SEC teams when they do not play the Vols except for FL and BAMA I never root for them.

Typically always root for the SEC in out of conference games. I'd rather the villain I know win than the outsiders. Obviously Tennessee first. Anything that helps Tennessee in the standings come first. But just straight up out of conference games, SEC...

Are you an SEC fan? Or do you only root for the Vols?

My in-laws are donors to the Ohio State athletic department. The Big Ten is the inner circle of Dante’s Inferno. We recruit against ACC teams so I want them to lose and lose often. The Pete Carroll years at USC were a blight upon the land…to this day I pull against the Pac 12 with a vengeance (Oregon gets a pass). And the Big 12 has the faux UT and therefore they earn a hearty “Booooooo”. As hard as it is, during Bowl Season I hold my nose and chant “SEC! SEC! SEC!” whenever one of our teams is playing.

I only root for Tennessee, I wouldn’t be bothered if our little brother Kentucky beats Iowa in the Citrus bowl, but the rest can go to he!!.

Edit: I hate Kentucky basketball.

It depends on who the SEC school is, and who the opponent is. Ole Miss, and Georgia, never. The rest, other than Tennessee? Only when they play Georgia and Ole Miss. Only reason I am not including Florida in that hate group of two right now? They just became as pathetic as we were a few years ago, so I am actually giving them a sand grain of sympathy. Only a sand grain though. And only for now.

As to opponents? Southern Cal, Michigan, Ohio State, & Notre Dame are the ones I will play SEC homer for. Unless it is Georgia or Ole Miss. Then, I hope an eartquake happens and swallows up the whole lot.

If it’s OSU, Michigan, Penn State or USC I’ll always pull for SEC even if it’s Florida, GA or Bama. All other teams, it’s case by case.

The SEC needs to do well for Tennessee to reach its full potential so yes I root for the SEC in out of conference matchups, though certain teams like UF I have a very hard time rooting for.

We need to catch up to AL & GA, so I want them to lose.
I'll include FL in that group even though they're down right now. They've been another primary East competitor. Ole Miss gets included because of flopping.
Otherwise I want the SEC to win to maintain the reputation of the SEC as the best conference. Top recruits around the country will be more likely to consider TN as part of the best conference.

VN Store

Back