Do you honestly think JG will be on the roster next year?

Do you honestly think JG will be on the roster next year?

• Yes

Votes: 256 45.9%
  • No

Votes: 302 54.1%

• Total voters
He is not going anywhere just get use to it he will be opening game starter next year.

1. If CJP is still here
2. If he continues to beat our D in practice
3. If he's finishing his Masters
4. Then he will return as starter or maybe grad assist

I don't think so. While you and I might agree that it likely won't happen, if the team improves significantly next year, and especially if it is sparked by good play from underclassmen, I think CJP sticks around for another year.

No doubt that Pruitt will be here next season but next year he'll be lucky to finish 6-6 and in year 4 that should be fireable.

Reactions: D-rock
Very likely imo. Unless a quality job prospect becomes available, I don't see any reason he wouldn't stick around for another season even if it's from a backup role.

That is, unless he thinks he can transfer to a smaller university and showcase his skills in hopes of being invited to the combine. Then there's a 15% chance or so that he leaves. But I don't think he does, the kid loves Tennessee and would probably be happy to stick around even in a backup role.

Reactions: SpookyAction
I believe JG loves UT and likes Pruitt. I also believe JG DOES have a great arm and knows it...he isn’t an idiot. He is probably very frustrated he hasn’t progressed much in the mental aspect of the game and will likely transfer somewhere in hopes that a QB coach can improve where he struggles mentally. I believe he likes Weinke, Pruitt, and Chaney but he will want to make one last ditch effort at having things click in a different environment. He does have an above average arm
You are the second person in this thread and one of hundreds that has said that they believe JG loves UT and that he is not an idiot.

I know my abilities and my weaknesses and I have never jeopardized my team’s success in anything I have been a part of when I know that there is someone else who can perform at a higher level to achieve success.

If he loves UT so much, he should be a good teammate and remove himself from playing QB for UT. He has to know how bad he has played and has to be able to see that Bailey is the future and is what is best for this team.

But he is not that guy! He has not looked like a team player anytime he has been benched. Even if he is mad at the way he has played, that should not excuse him of being a good teammate to whoever is playing QB. He’s also quick to do a personal celebration with himself on the rare occasion when he makes a play he should be making unconsciously as a 5th year Senior.

Do the right thing JG. Pruitt is not smart enough to do it for you. At least make your teammates respect you on the way out. You have been loyal and tough for this team, but it’s time to go.

So no one seems to feel like he may not be asked to return? Even if CJP really does believe that JG is the team's best chance now, that doesn't mean he doesn't think one of the youngsters would be after a spring and fall camp of working with the ones.

JG has caused coach a lot of grief from the Big Orange Nation. It seems like he'd just as soon move on.

He'll be encouraged to transfer out. Pruitt will be coaching for his job next year and he'll have to roll the dice on Bailey or a true freshman.

If, however, I'm wrong and he comes back and starts the first game next year, that will tell us all we need to know about potato head. Hed basically, at that point, be telling the fan base to stick it and he's pulling a Derek Dooley and quitting on us. In some ways he may have already started doing that.

Reactions: tbh
Yep. And I wouldn't blame him. If I were him and they kept renewing my scholarship I'd walk out of there with a couple of advanced degrees.
he doesn't renew his scholarship the University Does and he can be on the practice squad or whatever. It is time to move on....

JG will be asked to not come back, period. Next year HB can be pruitts excuse for winning and losing his games.

This question seems to get drug through many different threads. I am just curious of your thoughts, and why you believe as you do.

Personally, I don't think he will return. And, despite what many believe to be Pruitt's motives, I am not certain that he will even be given the opportunity.

You got to be kidding me, if Pruitt sincerely thinks he gives us the best chance to win, why would he not want him back. If he doesn't want him back then he has been just making up he gives us the best chance to win all year. If he really thinks that he would want him for a back up if for no other reason.

1. If CJP is still here
2. If he continues to beat our D in practice
3. If he's finishing his Masters
4. Then he will return as starter or maybe grad assist

I predict; because of Pruitts love affair with jg he will be back on the side lines in some type of coaching capacity for a long time, or as long as Pruitt is here. And also he will be the starting qb next year.

All hints point to yes. After tge uga game he said it was one of his last "chances" plural, to play them. Pruitt has an open invitation to every senior. Pruitt is infatuated with him.

You got to be kidding me, if Pruitt sincerely thinks he gives us the best chance to win, why would he not want him back. If he doesn't want him back then he has been just making up he gives us the best chance to win all year. If he really thinks that he would want him for a back up if for no other reason.
It’s not solely PRUITT’S decision. I can understand why JG returned. A chance to build on positives from last season. He’s a masochist if he finds anything to base an encore.

Last edited:
Telling you right now. The boosters decide who plays qb next year and jg will be asked not to return, period.

It’s not solely PRUITT’S decision. I can understand why JG returned. A chance to build on positives from last season. He’s a masochist if he finds anything to base a return.

I don't know why he would return, I hope he doesn't but afraid he will.

VN Store

Back