Do You Feel That We Will Be Ready For The Old Spice?

MphsBlues

We begin with Sienna. Wichita State, Gonzaga, Georgetown, Michigan State, Maryland, Oklahoa St and Gonzaga are also in the tourney. Stiff competition.
I think we should be competitive in this lineup as long as we can refine the PG position and play well on D.
What are your thoughts?

I do believe that they will be competitive but I blelieve alot of it comes down to the return of JP. In a tourney with competition like this fatigue plays a large factor. If we are still one deep at pg than it will hurt us tremendously. Also as you mentioned before defense has to improve mostly in the half court. If that happens and freshman continue to make strides then I believe it will be a good run down in florida. I will say i think you will see a different team than what we saw on monday.

As of right now no, but we weren't ready for the Legends last year either. I think our record last season ended up alright.

Too young and not enough experience to be a threat in this tourney. Lack of defense and weak point guard play will be exposed. If Chism wants to be the leader and elite player that he said he wants to be, then this will be the perfect stage for him to show up. Every early lose has always made us a better team.

Too young and not enough experience to be a threat in this tourney. Lack of defense and weak point guard play will be exposed. If Chism wants to be the leader and elite player that he said he wants to be, then this will be the perfect stage for him to show up. Every early lose has always made us a better team.

Chism jacked up too many quick 3's Monday night. Pearl's response seemed to be frustration. He has to be a better leader and show some discipline.

Chism jacked up too many quick 3's Monday night. Pearl's response seemed to be frustration. He has to be a better leader and show some discipline.

I thought Chism should have dominated Monday against the 6'7" guys that were guarding him. His stats were decent against a good SEC team, but should have been much better against a Indianapolis. He needs to consistently be our #2 scoring threat.

We won't be quite ready but it's really not a big deal early in the season. We will lose probably pretty quick in the tournament. We are very young and inexperienced, and this team will progress and get much better as the season goes on. Don't get frustrated too early with these guys.

With a win over Sienna, Georgetown would likely be the second round match up. Regardless of the importance of this tourney, it should be very interesting to see what the team can do in Orlando.

From the looks of things so far, it would be hard to say that we look ready for the Old Spice Classic, which has a good field of teams. With three games before the matchup with Siena, though, maybe the team can show some big improvements.

As far as the Old Spice tourney goes - don't count Siena as an automatic win. They return all five starters from a team that knocked Vandy out of the NCAA tourney last year. Their starters are an experienced group as well, with 3 juniors and 2 seniors.

VN Store

Back