Do yall truly believe Springer and Johnson are one and done?

Please....if people "back when" could have gotten paid a lot more to do it, they would have. They just didn't have the opportunity because pro sports wasn't close to what it is now.

You guys with your romantic, nostalgic blinding glasses are hilarious.
I just remember a time when it meant more than just about the money. You can take those glasses and shove them where the sun don't shine..

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I just remember a time when it meant more than just about the money. You can take those glasses and shove them where the sun don't shine..

Right back at you because you live in a fantasy world. If the equivalent of today’s money was waved around back then they would have jumped then too and you’re naive as hell if you don’t believe that.

I just don't see the draft grade for either of these guys. Keon is not an elite shooter or passer. Springer has a really good 3p percentage but not a lot of attempts. I don't see nba all star from any of them.

Reactions: feathersax
I honestly don’t get the argument for our fans wanting them to stay, if you are a projected lottery pick or close to it you make your millions now instead of betting on it later and risking worse or injury for another year in college. Good luck to them sadly their counterparts on the team let them down this year (Bailey, Viscovi, Pons, and Fulky) which isn’t their fault but I wish them the best in their careers in the nba. The potential is obviously there which is what the draft is all about...

Life is mostly about making money unless you have been living under a rock your whole life and don’t have to pay bills. These freshman are projected first round picks which means they are in store to make millions that could sustain them for awhile so wish them well and quit being selfish for a college team that doesn’t pay close to that. Plus they can always go back for their education if they wanted to..

Reactions: johnfnkelly
I honestly don’t get the argument for our fans wanting them to stay, if you are a projected lottery pick or close to it you make your millions now instead of betting on it later and risking worse or injury for another year in college. Good luck to them sadly their counterparts on the team let them down this year (Bailey, Viscovi, Pons, and Fulky) which isn’t their fault but I wish them the best in their careers in the nba. The potential is obviously there which is what the draft is all about...

Anybody arguing they need to stay are just selfish people.

Them promises mean nothing, folks on here always look at dollars only. The thread title was do you think they are truly ready, the answer is truly NO. It's not about owing UT nothing, Springer is not going to be a lottery pick, Keon is no slam dunk either. Springer is good enough to go but he has a ton to work on. I have no stake in it and they are going to do what they do, but both would benefit from another year at UT. Williams and Bone are prime examples, of the extra year helping them. Not all one and dones are the same, it is speaking in volumes in Kentucky. It's why I am glad Barnes doesn't go he Calipari route, every 3 or 4 years you might be a great one and done group but many times you also get players that aren't quite as far down the road as folks tell them and they don't handle it well and it falls apart. You have no maturity on the team to reign them in. I told many when Cal went to Kentucky and started that one and done he will live and die and by the sword with that philosophy and Kentucky fans will not handle the inconsistency very well at all. See today! GBO!!!!
This is the dumbest thing I have read on here Williams and Bone came back because they had no NBA prospects to begin with... Springer and Johnson can work on their game in the G league and collect millions in the process

Lemme ask you something: Jordan Bone.

He went to the draft early in pursuit of the money when it was common sense he should have come back and spent another year developing in the spot light.

Bone is now a d league player and probably never going to start in the NBA when he had the tools to be one.

Keon is 10000% NBA ready and should easily be top 10 pick. Springer I just don't see it. Regardless, he should go to the draft if he gets top 15-20 grade
Athletically Keon is clearly ready but from a skill set he has a ways to go. Regardless he is a tough kid who has a solid work ethic. I expect him to have a long productive NBA career while his game develops. Even if his shot is average he could be a Patrick Beverly like defensive stopper and could thrive.

Springer is a bull and also a willing defender, but is going to have to learn how to get his shot off quicker. His release is too slow and isn’t nearly as explosive as Keon. NBA style may be more suitable for his game though than college as he will be surrounded by perimeter shooters so should have lanes to drive. Expect he will be a solid pro too with time.

He went to the draft early in pursuit of the money when it was common sense he should have come back and spent another year developing in the spot light.

Bone is now a d league player and probably never going to start in the NBA when he had the tools to be one.
What? Bone wouldnt have been considered a first round pick even if he did come back. 6’0 point guards is not what the nba is looking for, regardless Bone still collects close 100,00 just to play basketball and the chance to work his way to potentially being on a roster in the NBA whether you think he will make it or not

Bone doesn’t compare to these freshman projected to be first rounders set to make millions. What was your question?

What? Bone wouldnt have been considered a first round pick even if he did come back. 6’0 point guards is not what the nba is looking for, regardless Bone still collects close 100,00 just to play basketball and the chance to work his way to potentially being on a roster in the NBA whether you think he will make it or not

Bone doesn’t compare to these freshman projected to be first rounders set to make millions. What was your question?

This is incorrect. He is on a 2-way contract and only gets that $100k if he is in the NBA. In the G-League he makes $35k for the entire season.

If he splits time, he gets paid the pro-rata NBA salary for the days he is techinically on the NBA roster and the G-League salary while he is in the G League.

Bone was Orlando's back-up PG for about a week between January 24th thru February 1st, 2021. I'm not sure if he got sent back down to the G League or got hurt. Probably, just a 10 day contract, I think the NBA still does that

I love watching these high seeded teams whip the big boys. It doesn't take a team full of 5 stars to play ball. The NCAA college game will do just fine, as you are seeing in the dance there are alot of good players out there that just flat out know how to play the game. If players want to go to G leagues for the money that is fine too there are many good basketball players out there willing to play the college game and get a degree. The college game will be just fine no matter what. Some great action today and some great team ball action, like Kenny and Charles said today we all get caught up in the high flying dunking and jumping over the door, but players that learn the game and know the game realize your can just as well open it to get through. GBO!!!!

Last edited:

Or in the NBA combine he was 6’-2 3/4” tall with a 42” vertical jump and had the fastest times in all the running and agility drills. Bone absolutely is what the NBA is looking for in an athlete. The question is whether he can develop the necessary basketball skills to go with his athletic measurables.

I’d bet big money Springer doesn’t get a 38” vertical but Keon may get 40” or slightly over. Keon has Bone level athleticism but Springer isn’t as elite as the other 2 physically but makes up with higher basketball skills

Or in the NBA combine he was 6’-2 3/4” tall with a 42” vertical jump and had the fastest times in all the running and agility drills. Bone absolutely is what the NBA is looking for in an athlete. The question is whether he can develop the necessary basketball skills to go with his athletic measurables.

I’d bet big money Springer doesn’t get a 38” vertical but Keon may get 40” or slightly over. Keon has Bone level athleticism but Springer isn’t as elite as the other 2 physically but makes up with higher basketball skills
Exactly, how I see all 3 players, also

Reactions: walkenvol
If I had kid's that were to be drafted in the first round I'd say, money, money, money, It doesn't take but one injury to end the whole dream.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Keon said, "I don't wanna go out like that, I'm coming back to the University of Tennessee. The NBA will still be around in another year." ?

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Wouldn't it be amazing if Keon said, "I don't wanna go out like that, I'm coming back to the University of Tennessee. The NBA will still be around in another year." ?
It would be even cooler if he rode in on a half dragon/half unicorn and did that. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: berryvol
I just don't see the draft grade for either of these guys. Keon is not an elite shooter or passer. Springer has a really good 3p percentage but not a lot of attempts. I don't see nba all star from any of them.
They are going to do whatever despite what we think. "Show me the $$$" is the mantra. That said, I've not watched NBA in 20+ years. Moving on.

Anyone would take the money first rounders get a lot of it whether they ever play much or not. I think both are very good and would get playing time their first season.

VN Store

Back