Do we need to get nervous about recruiting?

I am nervous. Our last HC came from a program where going after big recruits was the norm. Huep and our AD comes from a school where getting an occasional 4 star is considered killing it. Does he even know who he should be going after?

Are recruits nervous about what the NCAA will do? Are the coaches?

My hope is we are going to dive into the transfer portal because we need college ready bodies like yesterday

I just hope we close strong. And to be fair, CJH has shown he can coach up the ones he gets. So that's a little bit comforting.

2022 Team Rankings Southeastern

We are currently behind every team in the SEC East except Florida (funny) and Vandy.

With the unknowns around Tennessee this past offseason this class will not be a normal UT class. Expect the portal to be the main source of guys and Heupel has shown he can recruit the portal pretty well. Next year needs to be a bigger class from the highschool and portal to sustain and grow the roster.

No! Two words “Transfer Portal”!
Agreed. More focus needs to be on transfer and portal players with more than 1 year eligibility that are ready to play day 1. Then focus on some HS kids that can be coached up
Offense guys especially WR should be licking their chops to want to play here, Defensive guys should be thinking I can start there and look good

Recruits have taken a wait and see approach with us this year as they should have. If you’re an offensive player, you’re very interested in what UT has done this year and the improvements that have been made. Defense is a different story. Garner is one of the best in the game and our D line looks so much better than last year with less talent. We just need bodies on defense plain and simple. They need to be quality players, but we’re getting killed by not being able to rotate guys, especially at linebacker and DE.

This class was never going to be very good it is what it is you can thank the mess left by Pruitt for that. We will get some guys out of the transfer portal but I don’t like losing in state guys to other SEC schools. As long as this NCAA cloud is hanging over us rival coaches are using that against us and telling recruits we are getting major sanctions by the NCAA.

Anybody got the scoop on how many scholly reductions we have this season? Hopefully most were counted against 2021. We also have reduced visits and stuff.

I suspect we will hold our own with high end WRs and RBs and we have a good QB lined up but we will need to take two this cycle maybe one transfer. We need to shore up our secondary, both lines and LB. After graduations, there will be plenty of opportunities for DL, OL and LB recruits to come in and land a spot.

Now that we have blown off the bowl ban and CJH staff has proven to be greater utilizers and developers of talent, I expect us to start gaining traction in recruiting. Might get a few FL commits to flip as well.

I mean ya probably need to just quit getting nervous :cool:
Maybe have a nip or three

Reactions: Ratvol
This class was never going to be very good it is what it is you can thank the mess left by Pruitt for that. We will get some guys out of the transfer portal but I don’t like losing in state guys to other SEC schools. As long as this NCAA cloud is hanging over us rival coaches are using that against us and telling recruits we are getting major sanctions by the NCAA.
I just don't think the NCAA is a big a deal, even more so with the ability transfer and play. Mix in you can possibly be playing day 1. GA & Bama won't have to use the NCAA there records will speak for them.
I think you're going to find recruits looking at what TN has done with a team that's missing tons of scholarship players and how all the players play hard for this coach

VN Store

Back