Do we need a California qb?

there once was a poster here, @BobMueller if I remember correctly, that would quite frequently make bold predictions and end with "check my stats".

maybe someone else here remembers the guy but his tag line became a running joke here and i'm fairly confident he hasn't been heard from since - this was probably 10 years ago,
First reared his head over Vic Wharton’s transfer and I think a couple of others in 2014. Wasn’t much of anything else to him and I poked him a little over his premature declaration that Justin Martin was being booted off the team. Last seen muttering “link? link?” like a mantra and hijacking a plane to North Korea. Rumor is that he landed an insider towel boy gig up there.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Not surprised given California has more people than any other state.
That's one variable. The other is culture and driving things forward.
When QBs with a little cash want to get better you always hear about them coming out to California with a specialized coach.

7 on 7 started out here in Cali then moved East.

Coaching is better, because of more money invested.

Cali is like that bc of the amount of money in Cali. They buy the best coaches to teach their kids to play better and prepare them for the next level bc paying coaches at the next level lands you in jail

We had one in Shrout.
No, I get your point. By and large QB play at the high school level is superior out here than most other places. Texas is right with them.

It doesn't matter where they are from. Josh Heupel was from South Dakota and he was a National Champion and Heisman finalist.
Tua was from Hawaii. Burrow from small town Ohio.
It seems like TN is the only state that can never produce a legit QB.
Spurrier was pretty legit...if you want to go back 50 years.

Edit. Sorry...Tnutater beat me to it.

Last edited:
Half of Saban's 6 titles in the last dozen years came with QBs from Mobile. It doesn't matter where they're from; it matters that they can play.

Sheriron Jones?? He single-handedly won the Battle at Bristol, all from the sidelines, just another great contribution from a California Quarterback who wore Orange.

It doesnt matter to me where they are from as long as they help the team win. That goes for players and coaches.

VN Store

Back