Do they time and post 40 times in the Spring

sechamp2012

Seems like I remember seeing posted times in the Spring and they awarded fastest player at the Orange/White game. Also other rewards. Do they do that every Spring or was it A Butch thing?

NO, WHY GIVE ANY PROPRIETARY INFO OUT THAT AN OPPONENT COULD POSSIBLY USE TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE

Seems like I remember seeing posted times in the Spring and they awarded fastest player at the Orange/White game. Also other rewards. Do they do that every Spring or was it A Butch thing?
I think that was mostly a Butch thing

If there truly were a circle of life Butch never would have made it, Beta Male

While I didn't care for the entire circus environment that the spring game had turned into during Butch. I felt sort of cheated last year. I know that Pruitt needed(and need) to change the hearts and minds of his players, I would like to see a bit of a return to something more festive. I enjoyed an actual game and play that I could understand. I did miss watching the QB drills and the one on one battles. Maybe in the future we can get 3 qtrs of game with a little exhibition after. Plus maybe Pruitt won't mike drop and run like he did last year at the end.

It was never done at Tennessee, not even under Butch. I can't recall a team at Tennessee ever running the 40 until Pro Day.

I do remember Malik Foreman getting the award for fastest Vol in the Spring game festivities. May have just been eye ball test from the Coaches and no real timing.

VN Store

Back